BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
I think LilToTo17 meant to say that the CDV is in the slave cylinder and not the master cylinder. And yes in the slave cylinder is the issue the CDV
Ah yes that’s what I meant. I already bought a spare from Honda, but for the life of me can’t get the c clip off. Giving it to a shop before I fatally stab myself in gut with this pick and hook set

cameljockey1

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Lol yes same here. Me and my brother tried to get that damn C-ring off and could not. So i bought a spare one like you did and gave it to my brother and got a text the next day. "got that bitch out" lol i was like Sweet. True story. I still have not installed it yet to see if it will fix my lock out. I am pretty sure its because of the CDV though.

Ah yes that’s what I meant. I already bought a spare from Honda, but for the life of me can’t get the c clip off. Giving it to a shop before I fatally stab myself in gut with this pick and hook set

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
Lol yes same here. Me and my brother tried to get that damn C-ring off and could not. So i bought a spare one like you did and gave it to my brother and got a text the next day. "got that bitch out" lol i was like Sweet. True story. I still have not installed it yet to see if it will fix my lock out. I am pretty sure its because of the CDV though.
Hahaha. Pain in the friggin ass am I right

Oddwayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ Si coupe & 99 ej6
Country flag
Good to know. I'll keep an eye out for someone with an aluminum one and maybe they'll do the same sometime. Even if it's lighter, steel may still very well be a better fit for the engine or my driving style. I'd just love it if it revs would fall substantially faster between gears.
The revs would fall faster if you had gotten an aluminum flywheel. The steel one is barely lighter than the pen dual mass. For the money spent and small decrease in weight, the steel flywheels does not seem worth it

Oddwayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ Si coupe & 99 ej6
Country flag
Are you using a pair of snap ring pliers?

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
If you don't mind me asking, what are you basing this information on?
lighter flywheel. faster rev drops. google it real quick, you'll see the information :thumbsup:

joshhjackson2112

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI
Country flag
lighter flywheel. faster rev drops. google it real quick, you'll see the information :thumbsup:
From what I have read, seems like the lighter flywheel on a DD is a terrible way to go? I don't see much benefit unless you are racing the car often. Even then, if you don't shift quickly and precisely enough your time and your car will be hurt. This is only one article I have read about it. Seems like I would rather have the heavier one. I don't necessarily always want to be speed shifting everywhere I go. I guess I need to read more about it to see if there are pros behind street driving a lighter flywheel.

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
From what I have read, seems like the lighter flywheel on a DD is a terrible way to go? I don't see much benefit unless you are racing the car often. Even then, if you don't shift quickly and precisely enough your time and your car will be hurt. This is only one article I have read about it. Seems like I would rather have the heavier one. I don't necessarily always want to be speed shifting everywhere I go. I guess I need to read more about it to see if there are pros behind street driving a lighter flywheel.
Oh I'm not recommending going with a lightweight. Just that the revs do drop quicker. I have the fx350 with a lightweight single mass fly. And I daily it. Shifting can sometimes be a pain in the rear while going to work/ leaving work. I also deleted the delay valve out of my CMC, so that just compounds the "problem"

The good part. On days when I wanna have fun, shifting is nice and quick, bang right through the gears. The car actually behaves better when I drive more aggressively. When I grandma it is when I find... I'll not do a shift right. and I'll be to low in the rev range while releasing the clutch.

Disclaimer: first manual car. 38k on it so far.

joshhjackson2112

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI
Country flag
Oh I'm not recommending going with a lightweight. Just that the revs do drop quicker. I have the fx350 with a lightweight single mass fly. And I daily it. Shifting can sometimes be a pain in the rear while going to work/ leaving work. I also deleted the delay valve out of my CMC, so that just compounds the "problem"

The good part. On days when I wanna have fun, shifting is nice and quick, bang right through the gears. The car actually behaves better when I drive more aggressively. When I grandma it is when I find... I'll not do a shift right. and I'll be to low in the rev range while releasing the clutch.

Disclaimer: first manual car. 38k on it so far.
Gotcha! Yeah I'm just about at 50/50 between easyish riding with the family and having fun at night on back roads with my foot on the pedal. It's kind of like my 27won RMM. My car is a lot smoother when I am sprinted driving than when I am taking off easy. The rough vibrations are a pain in the ass but when I decide to have fun, it's exactly what I need. Not sure if I want to add to the roughness for a better experience when having fun or not. Bah. Decisions

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
I'm sure my fx350 will start to give out in the next year or 2 unfortunately. Idk what I'm going to get at that point.
Patiently waiting for more companies to pick from :(

I kinda wish you could pick a aftermarket type R clutch for the retrofit vs the OEM R

Right now I'm looking at Spec and Action as my best options. I believe...MAP ran a clutchmasters fx750, or something like that. But they might of had issues, or still weren't satisfied with the clamping force.

Oddwayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ Si coupe & 99 ej6
Country flag
If you don't mind me asking, what are you basing this information on?
The idea of rotational weight. Less mass, means the rotating assembly of the short block can move much easier with less stress. Since it revs quicke it also mean the crankshaft will drop in speed once clutching in.

Shiberu

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
i have the lockout issue too with my spec clutch. i just adjusted my pedal about all the way up and the lockout almost went away completely. feels better on take off too.
Sponsored