First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
there's going to be a lot of hate simply because not everybody would put the time and money to do what you did here when you "could have just bought a type r" but this is awsome. looks super clean and the shaved/tucked bay is something I didn't expect to see on a 10th gen. as somebody who used to play around with 90s Honda's seeing the build techniques used there transferring to a modern civic is rad. mad respect.
I have had around 20 90s Honda’s and they where a lot easy to to then this car lol but I told myself I wanted to do it and one days just said screw it and went for it. I had no idea what I was getting myself into hahaha
Sponsored

OP
OP

Fk7_si_hatch

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I agree, it absolutely agree. I just mean from a $$$ standpoint and with the Si swap for performance. I've noticed people tend to say "shoulda just bought a type r" when people start spending money on 10th gens. this car is going to have loads of personality and be special for the builder. I think that's awesome and if everyone agrees with that then even better. I sure hope they do.
I have big plans for the motor part sides of things... let’s just say good bye to the si motor and hello to a different motor that isn’t a type r motor ... stuff is happing lol. But it’s in the works so we will see if it goes that path.

OP
OP

Fk7_si_hatch

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Awesome job!
why don’t you get a Type R engine for a swap? Is there any limitations with a space or just cost issue?
I have different plans Then the si motor and type r motor. Working on a crazy swap idea. It’s in the planning stage right now

OP
OP

Fk7_si_hatch

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
mad respect, I know I don't have the patience to spend the amount of time it takes to do a wire tuck on an engine bay and personally still not sure how much I like a shaved engine bay in general, something about to much "dead space" of just painted metal areas, i'm more a fan of the covers the guys on shows like Bitchin' Rides does to simply hide much of the engine bay with panels that are body worked and flow together.

also impressed with the engine swap, how tricky was that? not seen anyone on here attempt a swap, just a bunch of guys saying "just buy the other trim level", because some people don't understand not everyone wants a Type R hatchback but still wants the power of the Type R.
The si swap wasn’t hard. It was mostly plug and play with just changing a few thing. But I just used this motor as a temporary thing. I have big plans in the work and it’s gonna be a little crazy. Also the reason I like shaved bays and tuck harnesses is because I like seeing the beauty of the actual motor. I like to look in and not see everything covered up my wires and hoses and plastic. The motor is the heart of the car and I wanna see the details in that.

ATX_Si

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe (gone). 2018 Accord EX-L 1.5t (gone) 2020 Audi Q3 S-Line. 2018 Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT
Country flag
I have had around 20 90s Honda’s and they where a lot easy to to then this car lol but I told myself I wanted to do it and one days just said screw it and went for it. I had no idea what I was getting myself into hahaha
well its come out awesome so far and I'm in to see what you're doing with the new motor plans and the rest of this build. it's really awesome to see the build style of those older gen Hondas meet something so new. Whatever happens this is a really cool build and your dedication to it makes me glad to see tuner culture live on!

MrHump

First Name
Lane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FC1
Country flag
The si swap wasn’t hard. It was mostly plug and play with just changing a few thing. But I just used this motor as a temporary thing. I have big plans in the work and it’s gonna be a little crazy. Also the reason I like shaved bays and tuck harnesses is because I like seeing the beauty of the actual motor. I like to look in and not see everything covered up my wires and hoses and plastic. The motor is the heart of the car and I wanna see the details in that.
K swap? Lsv lmao?

bmfontdevila

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
This is absolutely one of the most ridiculous and unnecessary things I've seen on a 10th gen....and god do I LOVE IT. This is insane dude the amount of work alone (and where you had to work) is insane. Can't wait to see what you swap into it!

DoubleDown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
I have so much respect for what you're doing. I wish I had the balls to do this myself. Please keep us updated on your build.

OP
OP

Fk7_si_hatch

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
K swap? Lsv lmao?
I have been looking into a big turbo kswap. I have a few buddies and myself that are trying to plan an awd swap for the car

OP
OP

Fk7_si_hatch

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is absolutely one of the most ridiculous and unnecessary things I've seen on a 10th gen....and god do I LOVE IT. This is insane dude the amount of work alone (and where you had to work) is insane. Can't wait to see what you swap into it!
Thanks man. It’s been a fun and long ride so far. Now I’m working on building a big turbo kswap and looking at converting it to awd

OP
OP

Fk7_si_hatch

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have so much respect for what you're doing. I wish I had the balls to do this myself. Please keep us updated on your build.
I will do man and the first step was the hardest. It’s be a crazy experience for sure

Jason Baker

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Had you paid someone to do all this I’d say you’re nuts! But…. Given the attention to detail, cost and insane amount of patience, WELL DONE my friend.
I’ve stripped and built a show car in my day that was a 92 Civic and that took an army and none of us got a dime.
I cannot imagine what this took.
Excellent job and all with one working shop light.
Impressive!

OP
OP

Fk7_si_hatch

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Had you paid someone to do all this I’d say you’re nuts! But…. Given the attention to detail, cost and insane amount of patience, WELL DONE my friend.
I’ve stripped and built a show car in my day that was a 92 Civic and that took an army and none of us got a dime.
I cannot imagine what this took.
Excellent job and all with one working shop light.
Impressive!
It was definitely a project and a half. But it’s just getting started. I have done older Honda’s and this was so much worse. I hate new cars? but thanks man