TheRitzKid

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8 Type R
Country flag
During install on the bpv, I found that the hardest one was the aft top bolt due to how constricted the space is around the bolt head. Is there a possibility of making that one easier as well, on top of the notch for the bottom bolt that @ebatr24 suggested?
The bottom bolt surprisingly didn't give me too much of an issue aside from being unable to visually guide it into the threads. Though, having that notch definitely would've made the process much nicer
Sponsored

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
During install on the bpv, I found that the hardest one was the aft top bolt due to how constricted the space is around the bolt head. Is there a possibility of making that one easier as well, on top of the notch for the bottom bolt that @ebatr24 suggested?
The bottom bolt surprisingly didn't give me too much of an issue aside from being unable to visually guide it into the threads. Though, having that notch definitely would've made the process much nicer
The tops I could get started by hand personally, and I snug em up with a ratcheting box end wrench. I think it might get too tough to install if more than one of the bolt holes was notched. It is definitely cramped in there tho, one of the things I hate fiddling with most on this car.

TheRitzKid

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8 Type R
Country flag
The tops I could get started by hand personally, and I snug em up with a ratcheting box end wrench. I think it might get too tough to install if more than one of the bolt holes was notched. It is definitely cramped in there tho, one of the things I hate fiddling with most on this car.
Man, I struggled with the aft top one. Kept dropping the bolt and I nearly lost one due to a small cubby hole that's just lower and aft of the bpv. I also didn't have a fancy pants ratcheting box wrench, so that didn't help hahaha 🤣

aldksgo

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 R-24920, '14 FB2, '10 Impreza 2.5i
Country flag
It is very messy if you remove the lines vs drain the coolant out from the radiator petcock. I've seen people turn the lines upward but that hasn't saved me from a coolant mess at all. So I either drain it at the radiator, or use a funnel with a hose at the end to catch most of the coolant. Whatever you do don't undo intercooler pipe and leave it open if you're gonna pull off the coolant lines and let em drain from the ports that go to the turbo. Coolant will get into your intercooler piping, don't ask me how I know. Other then that it's fairly easy, 27wons instructions for their turbo are great to follow and free to access from their site.
Hot tip man thanks for that. Took a peek at their instructions. Pretty much just helps keep track of things.

For the coolant, what do most people replace with? Do people just run OEM Type 2? I looked online and most of the ones I found are the old grey ones.. but when I went to the parts dept at the dealership earlier today they had these ones
Honda Civic 10th gen RV6 R660 RED Ball Bearing Turbocharger 1692492314244

This just the new ones they run now?

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hot tip man thanks for that. Took a peek at their instructions. Pretty much just helps keep track of things.

For the coolant, what do most people replace with? Do people just run OEM Type 2? I looked online and most of the ones I found are the old grey ones.. but when I went to the parts dept at the dealership earlier today they had these ones
1692492314244.png

This just the new ones they run now?
I run the OEM blue coolant, I work at Honda though. In a pinch I did use some of the Peak Asian coolant though or Valvoline Zerex is fine too. Yeah 27wons instructions are good for that plus they tell you to remove the little hoses cuz if you don't and try to take them off while the turbo is off the studs it's a nightmare and you end up ripping them.

aldksgo

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I run the OEM blue coolant, I work at Honda though. In a pinch I did use some of the Peak Asian coolant though or Valvoline Zerex is fine too. Yeah 27wons instructions are good for that plus they tell you to remove the little hoses cuz if you don't and try to take them off while the turbo is off the studs it's a nightmare and you end up ripping them.
Ahh makes sense.

Do your bottles look like the ones in the pic? or are they the grey bottled ones? Maybe it's a Honda US vs Canada thing 🤷‍♂️ this apparently the only coolant the dealership has (black bottle).

Have to pay attention for the hoses for sure. Feel like I'm studying for an exam lol. Turbo, HPFP/injectors, LPFP..

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ahh makes sense.

Do your bottles look like the ones in the pic? or are they the grey bottled ones? Maybe it's a Honda US vs Canada thing 🤷‍♂️ this apparently the only coolant the dealership has (black bottle).

Have to pay attention for the hoses for sure. Feel like I'm studying for an exam lol. Turbo, HPFP/injectors, LPFP..
Ours are grey yeah, you probably right about a Honda CAN vs US thing

aldksgo

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ours are grey yeah, you probably right about a Honda CAN vs US thing
Sounds good man thanks for that! just want to make sure.. I mean it says non-silicate/borate so I guess that's the main thing? Or valvoline zerex.. idk if I'm gonna make a mess might as well flush it I feel like.

Yeah for US/Canada.. Our honda's are all red too, and I see the states the buildings are blue lol.

aldksgo

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So this is andotical; but most TD blankets fit 04/05/06 sized housings. I know that isn't a direct comparison, as ours is a bit custom, and the RV6 is even more so...
I will attempt to install my blanket - unless there is something concrete saying otherwise.

The downside is, I'm still a week out before I can install. (My lift is being used for another civic)
Did the PTP blanket fit on the r660?

Last edited:

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
For you guys with the RV6 Bypass Valve installed, do you get a lot more of a flutter sound on blow off? I dig the sound but just want to be sure it's normal, the stock bypass valve sounded like more of a sneeze than anything.

slowest.fk8

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
For you guys with the RV6 Bypass Valve installed, do you get a lot more of a flutter sound on blow off? I dig the sound but just want to be sure it's normal, the stock bypass valve sounded like more of a sneeze than anything.
Yes. Got some flutter with my R660 + RV6 BPV.

BrokeCTROwner

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 1999 K20 Integra
Country flag
We are looking at the end of the year for the 3" anti surge housing and inlet pipe. Our first batch of castings had a defects and were rejected.
I know it’s highly unlikely but you guys should make the anti surge housing compatible with the factory frame

OP
OP
RV6

RV6

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rv6-p.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR, 2023 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The flutter noise is normal.

Will these two items / kit require uninstall the turbo?
Yes. I would not reccomend trying to do this on the car.
I know it’s highly unlikely but you guys should make the anti surge housing compatible with the factory frame
We will be going with a full 3" inlet which is much bigger than factory or aftermarket inlets.

Dr_Drache

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 CRX - 2017 FK8 TypeR
Country flag
The flutter noise is normal.

Yes. I would not reccomend trying to do this on the car.

We will be going with a full 3" inlet which is much bigger than factory or aftermarket inlets.
Not to dig into this even MORE - but will the design require a larger/different inlet pipe?
or is there expected to be suggestions of ones that fit?
or perhaps it is planning to include one? (ala G-series turbo kits)

To simplify - will we need to consider compatibilities with intake systems/pipes?
Sponsored