The P700 Turbocharger Upgrade: The Biggest Honda/Acura 2.0T Drop-In Turbocharger Yet

cvmomo1CTR

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR , 2018 Civic Sport , 06' E46 325ci , 12’ Ducati 848EVO
Country flag
Reporting back after one year with turbo

P700 is junk… quality is like P600 with issues, I have issues on top end and with less than a year use the turbo has boost leak. Turbo feels so unstable past 7k rpm and the knock is so crappy.

Losing a good 3-4psi on top end boost.

Long story short going to swap this turbo ASAP.

Very disappointing turbo and the power under 5k rpm is laughable.

Just my 2cents here.

Mhi Stg2 was much better low to mid-range turbo( punched way harder ans power curve was much stronger all the way through the rpm ranges)

I would even go as far as to say 27Won”kuro” to be a better turbo than P700.

I contacted PRL about the slight smoke and they said it is normal when Mhi never did this.

Maybe it is a one off case, and ended up with a crappy P700, but this is enough for me to stay away for good when it comes to turbos and PRL.

Best of luck to everyone else, maybe it will improve or have better luck.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Psycho-Frame

First Name
Ghost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G37, R1
Country flag
Reporting back after one year with turbo

P700 is junk… quality is like P600 with issues, I have issues on top end and with less than a year use the turbo has boost leak. Turbo feels so unstable past 7k rpm and the knock is so crappy.

Losing a good 3-4psi on top end boost.

Maybe it is a one off case, and ended up with a crappy P700, but this is enough for me to stay away for good when it comes to turbos and PRL.

Best of luck to everyone else, maybe it will improve or have better luck.
so I've had my p700 since nov 2022. A year later, I was not getting boost anymore. I changed out my wastegate actuator and I started having boost again. 2 months after the new wastegate actuator, I was getting intermittent boost. So I was like wtf this shit is new. Possibly I got a bad one. So I purchased another one. Wastegate actuator worked perfectly again. Put everything in specs for wg and wgcmd. 3 weeks later my boost became intermittent again.

There's no way that I broke 3 wastegates. All were adjusted to Spec correctly.

I saw a video of another guy running p700 having the same issue. He found that the wastegate wasn't sealing correctly. It would jam up. I can see this breaking wastegate actuators because the arm is trying to pull the wastegate closed. But it's not closing.

Sometimes I get boost, Sometimes I don't. I did a 2nd to 3rd gear pull. It built boost fine on 2nd gear at WOT but when I shifted to 3rd gear, I lost boost. When I feathered the throttle, I got boost again.

PRL what's your input?

Last edited:

Builtfc1

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
so I've had my p700 since nov 2022. A year later, I was not getting boost anymore. I changed out my wastegate actuator and I started having boost again. 2 months after the new wastegate actuator, I was getting intermittent boost. So I was like wtf this shit is new. Possibly I got a bad one. So I purchased another one. Wastegate actuator worked perfectly again. Put everything in specs for wg and wgcmd. 3 weeks later my boost became intermittent again.

There's no way that I broke 3 wastegates. All were adjusted to Spec correctly.

I saw a video of another guy running p700 having the same issue. He found that the wastegate wasn't sealing correctly. It would jam up. I can see this breaking wastegates because the arm is trying to pull the wastegate closed. But it's not closing.

Sometimes I get boost Sometimes I don't. I did a 2nd to 3rd gear pull. It built boost fine on 2nd gear at WOT but when I shifted to 3rd gear, I lost boost. When I feathered the throttle, I got boost again.

PRL what's your input?
Rampage fab kit get a garret turbo one of best turbo manufacturers ever made
Sponsored