CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #0426. 2014 Accord Coupe V6
Country flag
It won't be until spring (at the earliest I'm willing to bet)

They said a few weeks ago that they were going to post their updated unit (new design from what's posted here) that flows even better. Hoping to see what it looks like soon!
Yea I know, it was mainly a plug for them to give us a Christmas present of more info and progress.
Sponsored

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #0426. 2014 Accord Coupe V6
Country flag
Haha yeah, i'd love to see something over the holiday since I'll have all of their parts then minus their front pipe. Will be at a standstill until then other than getting a new clutch to handle the torque and the most expensive part of building up the lower block and a fueling solution that doesn't throw in injectors and an in tank low pressure pump for no reason *ahem*. Really hoping 4 piston makes a version of theirs for the bosche ECU. Otherwise I'll just go port injection

It sucks that building the engine and valve train is so astronomically expensive :(. I'd be happy with consistent 420-440hp if it were possible to make sure the tourque didn't go way above 400 and send a connecting rod into orbit. Also without running lean of course.
Sounds like your goals are similar to mine. Want to make reliable power 450hp and 400tq. Which I am still curious how strong the lower block is since supposedly Hondata tested long term running 500hp and 450tq if I recall correctly. Guess we will see as people push further and harder.

Edit: Found their post

"Once it becomes dogma then it will persist to the end of the internet. What process and testing was done to determine that the stock engine breaks at 400 lb-ft?
All we can say is that we've had no failures at 470 lb-ft over 18 months of driving (and a lot of dyno pulls) and no failures at well over 500 hp over a shorter duration. That doesn't mean that the rods will not break the next time I start the engine, but my feeling is that it is fine at that output level."

Last edited:

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R, 2007 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Yeah the Dyno they use reads higher than what it is but the torque would still be a good bit above 400. As long as you're not making that at 2.5-3.5k I imagine it might be ok. People posting about seeing or hearing about bent rods never actually show what happened, but I imagine they had tourque cranked way up at the low end
Sponsored