Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This pdf file is gold. Really appreciate you posting it. Hope to utilize it sometime in the month of September for an idea I previously had and trashed because of the intake piece itself.
Glad I could help as that guide helped me

Reactions: Myx

yunggunz846

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
This was a bitch to install. I would have gladly paid someone. couple tips, springs are useless, use the wire, wrap the bottom post with wire and have 2 extended on each side. run the wires underneath and pull blanket through. then wrap the wires to the top posts. It is a tight fit so if you have anything other than girly hands, you will not be able to snake it thru without pinching the wrap.

ApexEight

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
This was a bitch to install. I would have gladly paid someone. couple tips, springs are useless, use the wire, wrap the bottom post with wire and have 2 extended on each side. run the wires underneath and pull blanket through. then wrap the wires to the top posts. It is a tight fit so if you have anything other than girly hands, you will not be able to snake it thru without pinching the wrap.
Any tips getting these bolts off? They look to be dam near inaccessible...
Honda Civic 10th gen PTP LAVA TURBO BLANKET | 2016+ HONDA CIVIC 1.5T screenshot_20180820-085934-

gylmar814

Gylmar814
First Name
Gylmar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ABM Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Mazda Cx-5, (RIP) '17 SGP Civic Hatch Ex
Country flag
screenshot_20180820-085934-png.png
They are definitely accessible... Just need a good 1/4 ratchet and a couple of different size extension.. some bolts are further in than others. And make sure to either remove or move the intercooler coupling out of the way, that will help. I put on my turbo blanket a couple weeks ago myself.. the bolts are gonna be tight so what you can do is grab a small diameter pipe or an extension and insert in the handle of the ratchet so you can use it as leverage. You can do the same when installing them back on.

ddood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 VTI-LX
Country flag
Have been waiting on a few tools to arrive and a free weekend to install this. For those that have it on, is it a noticeable difference in terms of temperatures and turbo response as claimed by PTP? To be honest, am just looking at lowering the IAT somewhat but wonder if this is worth it. Also thinking of wrapping the plastic intake tube above but prefer to keep the engine bay looking stock.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Have been waiting on a few tools to arrive and a free weekend to install this. For those that have it on, is it a noticeable difference in terms of temperatures and turbo response as claimed by PTP? To be honest, am just looking at lowering the IAT somewhat but wonder if this is worth it. Also thinking of wrapping the plastic intake tube above but prefer to keep the engine bay looking stock.
Turbo response is held back by the factory tune, Ktuner is a great cure for that. Is the temp decrease worth it? That probably depends on how hard you are driving the car. I’d say for most people, it is just added engine bay bling.

Civic17siYAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
Any difference in IAT (pre and post intercooler) since installing this?

yunggunz846

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Any difference in IAT (pre and post intercooler) since installing this?
Actually yes, It hovers about 5 degrees above IAT1. It does not affect IAT1 because I am geussing that the MAP sensor also senses temps whcih is before the turbo. But if you want consistent IAT2 to be within 5 degrees while constant throttle, such as a track day, you will need an intercooler. You can definitely tell it is keeping the heat in the turbo.

yunggunz846

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
screenshot_20180820-085934-png.png
get a couple of extensions and you will be fine. Also, you do not need to pull it all the way out, just enough to swing out of the way to wrap the turbo.

Civic17siYAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
Actually yes, It hovers about 5 degrees above IAT1. It does not affect IAT1 because I am geussing that the MAP sensor also senses temps whcih is before the turbo. But if you want consistent IAT2 to be within 5 degrees while constant throttle, such as a track day, you will need an intercooler. You can definitely tell it is keeping the heat in the turbo.
Awesome! Thank you!

yunggunz846

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Jack up the car as well so you are not bending over for so long. You will also need to remove the skid plate because I guarantee you will drop a bolt or screw.

CyberCT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Turbo response is held back by the factory tune, Ktuner is a great cure for that. Is the temp decrease worth it? That probably depends on how hard you are driving the car. I’d say for most people, it is just added engine bay bling.
I do not plan on running a tune because I want to retain the factory warranty and parts. I'm trying to decrease heatsoak, improve iat and efficiency of the car and stock parts by doing things like adding this turbo blanket, insulation wrapping (gold taping) the airbox, turbo inlet pipe, replacing the front grille with the aftermarket honeycomb one, etc.

So you're saying this won't cause the turbo to spool slightly quicker and run more efficeintly, even without a tune?

I also found this article which was interesting (the colder the intake air, the more efficient the turbo and lower the intercooled temps):
https://motoiq.com/Compressor-Efficiency-and-More/

OP
OP
LilToTo17

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I do not plan on running a tune because I want to retain the factory warranty and parts. I'm trying to decrease heatsoak, improve iat and efficiency of the car and stock parts by doing things like adding this turbo blanket, insulation wrapping (gold taping) the airbox, turbo inlet pipe, replacing the front grille with the aftermarket honeycomb one, etc.

So you're saying this won't cause the turbo to spool slightly quicker and run more efficeintly, even without a tune?

I also found this article which was interesting (the colder the intake air, the more efficient the turbo and lower the intercooled temps):
https://motoiq.com/Compressor-Efficiency-and-More/
Sure it might but anyways baby turbo so you won't feel anything lol maybe get an overboost code because of it hahahah
Sponsored