Please list what exhaust you have, and your experience with it.

MoTeC R

Slow For Show
First Name
Smally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 S2000 Roadster, 2019 Civic Type R, 2020 Supra
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i am still waiting to hear the final Borla product before deciding
I did extensive exhaust research, my dealership actually has a racing team and the Borla is the way to go. Mine is wide open and even my GF loves the minimal drone wide open I’m not using the sport or stealth plates. It sounds like the car should have from the start and the CF tips are lovely. They recommended the Borla as they have had many set ups on their car and they have a modified version of the borla on their CTR race car.

https://www.autohance.com/borla-ata...MIyJfG6tm95wIVx0XVCh1nHQScEAQYAyABEgKow_D_BwE

Honda Civic 10th gen Please list what exhaust you have, and your experience with it. 88027304-0FED-426B-8E66-B36ADCCBF876

Sponsored

Last edited:

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I installed j's Full titanium exhaust, sounds deep.
Has some crackle and pops but it is loud all rpm..
Some drone not bad.

My car was with ARK, sounds better than J's in my honest opinion...
Same deep and more aggressive tune, abit more drone but it is quiet on cruising speed between 2.5-3.5...

J's highway cruising is loud and hard for daily..

I have it for 1 day only and i dont like it..

CTR-19418

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
After doing tons of research I plan on looking into the AWE TOURING EXHAUST SYSTEM. THE 180 Technology®️ Is a game changer. AWE really knocked this out of the park for me. The tone, the look, the craftsmanship is by far the best in class. Surpasses more expensive exhaust systems. It’s exactly what I’ve been waiting for. Any thoughts?

spyder57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ABP CTR
Country flag
My only concern is that the reviews have stated that it is extremely loud at around 3k rpms when cruising. Although it doesn't drone, the noise is annoying. This is a pretty big problem because that is where our cars cruise at on the highway.

After doing tons of research I plan on looking into the AWE TOURING EXHAUST SYSTEM. THE 180 Technology®️ Is a game changer. AWE really knocked this out of the park for me. The tone, the look, the craftsmanship is by far the best in class. Surpasses more expensive exhaust systems. It’s exactly what I’ve been waiting for. Any thoughts?

CTR-19418

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
My only concern is that the reviews have stated that it is extremely loud at around 3k rpms when cruising. Although it doesn't drone, the noise is annoying. This is a pretty big problem because that is where our cars cruise at on the highway.
I will have to do some more digging and find out. Maybe I can get some information about this straight from AWE. I want to make a change soon as part of my build. I’m still rocking the stock exhaust on my 18 TypeR, so an upgrade would be nice. It is very quiet, almost too quiet in my opinion. Overall I still like the tone of the AWE. I prefer the deeper tone over the raspy tones. Hopefully I am able to provide a review on the Touring Exhaust and really give some honest feedback. I will keep you posted.

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just put J's full titanium exhaust.. spent big bucks on it,super light, deep throaty.. not raspy at all. Dolphins tail pipe, whole thing 15lbs.
It is straight pipe with very Little drone.

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R, 2007 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag

I need to get someone else to film me from the outside, on a longer stretch of road where I can do a 3rd gear pull. In that exterior video I only had enough space to get to 60

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
This is the best I can do for now. Managing 2yo (In the background) and a set of new twins too!

Awesome, sounds good. Do you have a downpipe installed or anything on there? Looks like it's a really good bang for the buck exhaust system.

Edit: read the video description, disregard the question :p

wallyinc

First Name
Wally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R , S2000 Powered ‘72 BMW 2002
Country flag
@tinyman392 not so much as an air filter, stock down pipe and everything else. Was really happy with the engine from the factory, just wanted a little more sound w/o anything to obnoxious. I got exactly that, and the price point was excellent on the DD too. Love driving around with the windows down, the nice growl when taking off and the quiet highway cruising speeds. Good luck!

willskiGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R #26262
Country flag
Exhaust related question - is the stock exhaust a source of restriction? Planning on a tune + minor bolt-ons and was wondering what actually needs to be changed to hit 400hp at the crank.

Not the DP, but the catback portion of the exhaust itself. I don't really care about making the car louder and this 4cyl doesn't sound that great regardless of exhaust.

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I changed my dp and fp both 3", with highflow cat, changed to catback also 3"..
The flow does go better than stock. But stock catback exhaust itself is not that restricted.. it just the diameter is small so the flow is not as good as 3".

My car just did a custom tune last week, a mild conservative tune i requested, i run around 360 horse and 380 torque..
This car can easily go to 380-400horse if you have proper bolt on.
It is indeed the torque that you need to pay attention to, not the horse.

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not the DP, but the catback portion of the exhaust itself. I don't really care about making the car louder and this 4cyl doesn't sound that great regardless of exhaust.
Engine doesnt sound good but some exhaust does make this car sound alot more aggressive and sport car like...
I have ark exhaust.. it sounds awesome

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Exhaust related question - is the stock exhaust a source of restriction? Planning on a tune + minor bolt-ons and was wondering what actually needs to be changed to hit 400hp at the crank.

The catback portion might pose a minor restriction at best. You wouldn’t expect a big power gain by doing either with or without a tune. 5-20 HP at most depending on exhaust and whether it’s tuned.

I forget if it was Perrin or PRL that tested intercooler, exhaust, and intercooler+exhaust and found 0-5 HP gain for intercooler, 10-15 gained for exhaust, but 25-30 HP gained for intercooler+exhaust. So it might be plausible to say there are a few minor restrictions on the car already in terms of bottlenecks.

All this said, the down pipe serves to be a bigger restriction on the vehicle as it produces the biggest power gains.
Sponsored