Anyone have Megan Racing Exhaust experience?

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Damn Megan should be paying me, look at all these sales.
I mean, to be completely fair @TypeRNY was the one with the comments and clip that sold me on it :thumbsup: I have to give credit where it is due!

HOWEVER, that being said, still a big thank you for making the thread, as without it we would never have had anywhere for these comments to go! :headbang:
Sponsored

ctr0200

Page_09
First Name
Page_09
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type r Fk8
Country flag
I’m in the market also for this exhaust. I want to change my current one which is invidia R400. And who ever have one, lets trade.

disgraced.fk8

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My my my I LOVE this exhaust. Thanks again guys for the detailed feedback and videos. So happy I pulled the trigger, the value on this exhaust is crazy. Seems to be very well made to my machinist's eye- no fitment issues, no rattling, no leaks on first time DIY install... Fantastic product for $800! I got the blue tips, the stainless is even cheaper.

Trying to upload the first start video but it's telling me it's too large of a file even when I trim it shorter than this video. Oh well. This is the same day as install, just later in the day.

TypeRNY

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
My my my I LOVE this exhaust. Thanks again guys for the detailed feedback and videos. So happy I pulled the trigger, the value on this exhaust is crazy. Seems to be very well made to my machinist's eye- no fitment issues, no rattling, no leaks on first time DIY install... Fantastic product for $800! I got the blue tips, the stainless is even cheaper.

Trying to upload the first start video but it's telling me it's too large of a file even when I trim it shorter than this video. Oh well. This is the same day as install, just later in the day.
Sounds fantastic. this is the megan racing exhaust? I didnt even know they offered different colored tips.

disgraced.fk8

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sounds fantastic. this is the megan racing exhaust? I didnt even know they offered different colored tips.
Yes sir, same exhaust, just blue tips. I'm smitten with the sound and the look. It's fairly loud inside, R mode with the active sound makes it just a tad angrier but still tolerable cruising on the highway for sure. Outside it's noticeable but not obnoxious, perfect for me. If I ever do want more volume, opening the front pipe to 3" or doing a downpipe would be plenty.

TypeRNY

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Yes sir, same exhaust, just blue tips. I'm smitten with the sound and the look. It's fairly loud inside, R mode with the active sound makes it just a tad angrier but still tolerable cruising on the highway for sure. Outside it's noticeable but not obnoxious, perfect for me. If I ever do want more volume, opening the front pipe to 3" or doing a downpipe would be plenty.
my thoughts exactly. I am actually dying to find someone with this exhaust and a catless downpipe. I have the catless DP but I havent done it yet. I heard the front pipe wont make much of a difference. I would say maybe Ill do front pipe first, but if it makes no difference in sound whatsoever, then i would hate to have to go back and then put the downpipe in. I feel like thats double the work.

Problem is, noone really has this exhaust.

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
my thoughts exactly. I am actually dying to find someone with this exhaust and a catless downpipe. I have the catless DP but I havent done it yet. I heard the front pipe wont make much of a difference. I would say maybe Ill do front pipe first, but if it makes no difference in sound whatsoever, then i would hate to have to go back and then put the downpipe in. I feel like thats double the work.

Maybe not Megan Racing? https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/whats-your-si-looking-like-today.35113/post-981041

disgraced.fk8

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would definitely not run their downpipe.... That's different than a cat back. The exhaust won't see much wear and tear, it's just a pipe for sound. Honestly not a big fan of Megan products but again it's a cat back LOL.

The downpipe on the other hand gets hot as hell from the turbski and with the torque these cars make I can see the engine moving around and stressing the DP a lot. Especially if all the mounts aren't upgraded. So yeah, not megan racing for a downpipe. But their strut bar and cat back? Good bang for the buck. Buddy's been running the strut bar for like 2 years no problems. Time will tell for the exhaust but from what I see all the joints seem to be of good quality.

Last edited:

disgraced.fk8

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

So my buddy had the prl catless downpipe with invidia r400 on his sedan. When he did the front pipe it was even louder! Not much, but still louder. Different car though, so might not be apples to apples. I think after you have the downpipe the front pipe is kinda marginal depending on the exhaust, but his exhaust was sort of quiet to begin with. If you have an AWE track exhaust with a catless DP, I doubt the front pipe makes a noticeable difference since it's already loud as hell. Who knows!!

TypeRNY

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag

disgraced.fk8

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
thankfully I have an HKS catless, so that i am not too worried about.

Im just wondering how big of a difference the catless dp will make with the megan exhaust. The megan exhaust in design is so similar to OEM that I wonder if it will retain some sort of quietness.
Have you looked up vids of the oem with catless dp? Sounds pretty good from what I recall

TypeRNY

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Have you looked up vids of the oem with catless dp? Sounds pretty good from what I recall
I have actually, thats what made me buy the downpipe, I was gonna stick to OEM and rock the catless. But after talking to some people, and watching some videos, I felt it wasnt quite enough for me.

Thats why i decided to go with the tamest catback i could find. Just wondering what that would be like paired up with a catless
Sponsored