Anyone have Megan Racing Exhaust experience?

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86, '19 CTR, Some other stuff
Country flag

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
I ran across this when I was shopping for exhausts. It was super cheap (like 800 bucks or so) when I was looking. But there was very little information about the exhaust and even fewer sound clips.

Edit: that sound clip actually seems decent. Sounds very low, but clean. For whatever reason reminds me of the HKS Spec-L sound clips that generally are pushed around.

OP
OP
Jwolf

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I ran across this when I was shopping for exhausts. It was super cheap (like 800 bucks or so) when I was looking. But there was very little information about the exhaust and even fewer sound clips.

Edit: that sound clip actually seems decent. Sounds very low, but clean. For whatever reason reminds me of the HKS Spec-L sound clips that generally are pushed around.
800$ is cheap for a Type R, but not for other cars lol.

And I've been searching and searching with no luck besides this video to hear it. I'm not too sure if I'm ready to just chance it either, because if that drone is dreadful, that would really suck.

Sound is definitely pretty good for me also, it doesn't sound like some of the other exhausts from a stop.. like some kind of burbling sound the more expensive exhausts are making. Hate that. Sounds like it should be on a truck or a rusted fart can civic/golf.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
800$ is cheap for a Type R, but not for other cars lol.

And I've been searching and searching with no luck besides this video to hear it. I'm not too sure if I'm ready to just chance it either, because if that drone is dreadful, that would really suck.

Sound is definitely pretty good for me also, it doesn't sound like some of the other exhausts from a stop.. like some kind of burbling sound the more expensive exhausts are making. Hate that. Sounds like it should be on a truck or a rusted fart can civic/golf.
Yup, 800 is cheap for a CTR, but definitely not for other cars. I'm not sure why the FK8 exhaust systems cost so much... I wish there was more information about it. It's a 60mm exhaust system like stock though.

I did look again at the price (also to look up the diameter since I remembered it being very small) on Touge Factory. They're selling it for 720 US. It's probably one of the cheapest exhaust systems for the car.

Pdpawlak09

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type-R
Country flag
Bumping this thread as I’m interested in any feedback one might have with this exhaust.

TypeRNY

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
This actually really peaked my interest too. I’m shopping for an exhaust, so far leaning towards the awe touring, but before that I was looking at the comp mxp which seems similar to megan oe

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
I got it and no issues love the sound
Do you have any sound clips? I know the OP was looking for others that aren’t the one from the manufacturer. I’m curious as well actually.

OP
OP
Jwolf

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
I imagine you won’t be gaining much if any power being it’s only 2.36”, but what a great looking and sounding exhaust. Can’t beat that price.

OP
OP
Jwolf

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I too would love to hear some sound clips and your opinion on it. I’m about this close to pulling the trigger!
Well, it would be great if you were to let us know what it's like if you got it.

I imagine you won’t be gaining much if any power being it’s only 2.36”, but what a great looking and sounding exhaust. Can’t beat that price.
I'm sure everyone interested in this exhaust does not care about any potential power gains, nor is there much of a point to power gains either, other than perhaps bragging rights.

TypeRNY

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Well, it would be great if you were to let us know what it's like if you got it.

I'm sure everyone interested in this exhaust does not care about any potential power gains, nor is there much of a point to power gains either, other than perhaps bragging rights.
I dont, Im debating on pulling the trigger on this one. I plan on eventually going catless dp, (I have an hks catless im waiting a little while to install), i think this will pair nicely. I am not too worried about the piping size. i dont think it'll make much difference.

OP
OP
Jwolf

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I dont, Im debating on pulling the trigger on this one. I plan on eventually going catless dp, (I have an hks catless im waiting a little while to install), i think this will pair nicely. I am not too worried about the piping size. i dont think it'll make much difference.
Be sure to let us know your findings if you do. I too am on the fence with this exhaust and think it just may be the best exhaust for me personally.
Sponsored