Please list what exhaust you have, and your experience with it.

TypeRinATL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Country flag
Like the title says, I'm selling my aFe and I'm looking for an exhaust with very little to no drone, but still good sound.

Please list what exhaust you have, (and any other exhaust mods like downpipe or mid pipe) and your experience with it.

- Does it sound good?
- Does it drone in the cabin?
- Does the inside of your car vibrate after the install of exhaust? Can you feel the vibes in your seat?

Thanks guys. Trying to make the best decision I can so all the information helps!
Sponsored

Tim818

King Of The ā€˜Ring
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic EX, 2018 CTR
Country flag
I was going to make a thread like this yesterday, should have this stickied too.

Also anyone post sound clips if you can.

J35W2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 supercharged Civic Si (sold), '06 Civic Si (sold) , '14 V6-6MT Accord Coupe (sold), '17 CTR #1637, '18 Civic LX Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
To be completely honest, the more exhausts I hear, the less enthusiastic I am about replacing the stock set-up. I can dig the look of the HKS & am interested to hear the Sequence & 3 tip GReddy, but most of the ones so far are just too loud for me. Iā€™d like a better sound than stock & will tolerate a few decibels more, but not if it comes with cabin drone, especially if it weighs more than the stock unit. I have a strong suspicion the Sequence will be perfect, but almost $3k for an exhaust will sting a bit. Im hoping you get what you pay for on the Sequence. Bring it on Joe!

Can any say which is the quietest aftermarket exhaust out there? I only see noise info for GReddy & HKS, both claiming 88 decibels over the stock 82 under load.

Last edited:

OP
OP

TypeRinATL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Country flag
To be completely honest, the more exhausts I hear, the less enthusiastic I am about replacing the stock set-up. I can dig the look of the HKS & am interested to hear the Sequence & 3 tip GReddy, but most of the ones so far are just too loud for me. Iā€™d like a better sound than stock & will tolerate a few decibels more, but not if it comes with cabin drone, especially if it weighs more than the stock unit. I have a strong suspicion the Sequence will be perfect, but almost $3k for an exhaust will sting a bit. Im hoping you get what you pay for on the Sequence. Bring it on Joe!

Can any say which is the quietest aftermarket exhaust out there? I only see noise info for GReddy & HKS, both claiming 88 decibels over the stock 82 under load.

I think greddy is going to be the quietest so far. And I agree I donā€™t like the extra weight. The afe is 53 pounds vs stock 38 pounds.

Iā€™m pretty sure Iā€™m ordering the greddy 2 tip to try out. If that doesnā€™t work, then Iā€™m going back to stock and saying F it.

Fingers crossed that the greddy has very little to zero drone.

CTR#9180

First Name
Santos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBP FK8,12 Accord Coupe
Country flag
I think greddy is going to be the quietest so far. And I agree I donā€™t like the extra weight. The afe is 53 pounds vs stock 38 pounds.

Iā€™m pretty sure Iā€™m ordering the greddy 2 tip to try out. If that doesnā€™t work, then Iā€™m going back to stock and saying F it.

Magnaflow
No drone
No vibration
Extremely happy!
And if I want to make it quiet I just swap the delete pipe for resonator.

CTR#9180

First Name
Santos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBP FK8,12 Accord Coupe
Country flag
Magnaflow
No drone
No vibration
Extremely happy!
And if I want to make it quiet I just swap the delete pipe for resonator.
My wife is not a lover of exhaust sounds after my loud Ek hatch, she loves the sound of the type r she even says it should have come that way stock.

RedFK8R

First Name
Bishoy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R , 2017 accord hybrid EX-L
i am still waiting to hear the final Borla product before deciding

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #0426. 2014 Accord Coupe V6
Country flag

Actually from all the videos I recall seeing the Milltek resonated is the quietest.

lhonda200

First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1995 Integra Gsr, 2004 Jeep Liberty
Country flag
I have the Greddy 2 tip ordered but it's on backorder. Estimated eta 1st week of April.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M3CS / 2017 Chevy Tahoe Z71
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
- Does it sound good? IMO, YES.
- Does it drone in the cabin? NO.
- Does the inside of your car vibrate after the install of exhaust? NO.
I have the Magnaflow system on R-00057 and with the resonator installed and I find it to be just about perfect for my taste. From my experience I found that with the delete pipe installed it was a little loud but not intolerable.

Only disappointing fact about the system is that with the exhaust system alone; as my only performance mod; my FK8 lost a couple HP from it's baseline dyno #'s.

Here is a small video to reference sound & start up:

Last edited:
OP
OP

TypeRinATL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Country flag
I have the Magnaflow system on R-00057 and with the resonator installed and I find it to be just about perfect for my taste. From my experience I found that with the delete pipe installed it was a little loud but not intolerable.

Only disappointing fact about the system is that with the exhaust system alone; as my only performance mod; my FK8 lost a couple HP from it's baseline dyno #'s.

Here is a small video to reference sound & start up:

Is this with the resonator or without? Sounds good.

And zero drone you say? Even hard on the throttle at 3k rpm thereā€™s no drone at all?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M3CS / 2017 Chevy Tahoe Z71
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is this with the resonator or without? Sounds good.
And zero drone you say?
Even hard on the throttle at 3k rpm thereā€™s no drone at all?
Video was completed with resonator installed.
IMO... zero drone with resonator installed.

Honda Civic 10th gen Please list what exhaust you have, and your experience with it. IMG_0823.JPG
Sponsored