Please list what exhaust you have, and your experience with it.

jesusinasnapbak

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Running the Tomei Type-D since a week back. Super pleased with the results overall, fit and finish was excellent! Install went smooth! Running it with stock DP(for now) and it´s loud but i don´t find it obnoxious . Looks amazing too!(Though i´m not a fan of the 3 tips so i´m biased). The drone and vibrations are there but i got used to it very quickly, but your mileage may vary. Love the deep and throaty sound of it, couldn´t be happier really!
I have the Tomei Type-D as well and i'm very happy with it!
Stock DP also.. I love how throaty it is when shifting (no tune here either)
Sponsored

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Running the Tomei Type-D since a week back. Super pleased with the results overall, fit and finish was excellent! Install went smooth! Running it with stock DP(for now) and it´s loud but i don´t find it obnoxious . Looks amazing too!(Though i´m not a fan of the 3 tips so i´m biased). The drone and vibrations are there but i got used to it very quickly, but your mileage may vary. Love the deep and throaty sound of it, couldn´t be happier really!
Don't go catless...it will increase sound 10x time lol

KraftigAnka

First Name
Alexander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type-R FK8
Country flag
Don't go catless...it will increase sound 10x time lol
I will opt for a race-cat hahah, already been harrased by the police enough(even with stock exhaust) and i´m not wanting to push my luck

EkSean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP FC1
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have a type R exhaust with no resonators and PRL catted DP/FP and it doesn’t drone. Sounds way deeper too. It’s quiet until you get on it. I did it for a temp thing until I decided on an exhaust and I like it so much, I’m keeping it.

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.seselectronicssolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag

turbociv910

First Name
taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Civic Type R, Audi Q5
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Q300. Seems to be a good quiet exhaust, am worried about top end power though because it is a true muffler and not a bullet style like the r400.

no 1.9" Neck down like on the stock exhaust and over pipe, so my turbo is happy.

spyder57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ABP CTR
Country flag
How's the sound? Could you describe the tonality and loudness? Any drone esp at 75mph?

Q300. Seems to be a good quiet exhaust, am worried about top end power though because it is a true muffler and not a bullet style like the r400.

no 1.9" Neck down like on the stock exhaust and over pipe, so my turbo is happy.

DPE

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Not terribly original on my part, but I've had an HKS Legamax on for about 1000 miles and one trip to the track and back (Hallett). Really like the exhaust; makes the most out of this wonderful but terribly non-musical engine, and has minimal drone on the highway. At some speeds none, and at other speeds you can hear a steady hum, but it's not bad. And I'm 45, so old enough to not be very forgiving of droning exhausts. With the seats down hauling tires, it was on the border of being too loud, but with them up like normal it's just fine. Wouldn't hesitate to drive it cross country, and in fact will do so. No other mods, just the exhaust.

Si_chRis

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Honda Civic Si, 2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Apexi N1-X Extreme Evolution. Stock down pipe and front pipe. I installed this back in June 2020 and it has been very liveable sound wise for daily driving however, I did add some sound deadening in the spare tire area since this exhaust has a lot of boom/bass to me. It is rated at 94DB.

Sound clip:

Mantihts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK8
Country flag
Torn between the Invidia R400 or Tomei Type D. I know Tomei is loud and I’d have to go dual exhaust tips since they don’t offer 3 tips. R400 seems like a better deal. Cheaper + you get a front pipe along with the full exhaust. Tomei will be louder, but it’s almost $400 more. I’m leaning towards the R400 though. Seems like a smarter decision; price wise and I think it would be quieter than the Tomei.
R400 is incredibly loud if you're catless. I love mine, but I rarely have other people in my car, and when I do holding a conversation is definitely more difficult.

turbociv910

First Name
taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Civic Type R, Audi Q5
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
How's the sound? Could you describe the tonality and loudness? Any drone esp at 75mph?

No drone but I don't drive 75mph.. 60 about all I get up too

FK8_Track_Pig

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Honda Prelude, 2019 Honda Civic Type R, 1995 Nissan Micra
Country flag
- Milltek Sport Road+ Exhaust
- USR Catless Downpipe
Idle is quiet, cruise is fairly quiet below 100mph, drones around 70-80mph, WOT is loud but nothing insane. The only thing I disliked about this combo was the catless smell lingering in my garage and the actual sound of the exhaust was a little raspy at WOT.

- Milltek Sport Non-Resonated Exhaust
- USR Catless Downpipe
Everything about this combo is insanely loud, drones pretty bad and sounded like a tractor with no exhaust. The turbo spool is very loud which was the only plus with this exhaust, but I couldn't even cruise above 90mph without the exhaust literally screaming in my ear to the point where the radio was hard to hear.

- Milltek Race Non-Resonated Exhaust
- RV6 Catted Downpipe
Overall slight improvement with the catted downpipe, still very loud, drones a little less, sound is a little cleaner but still sounds like a tractor. Turbo spool is still loud. Cruise above 100mph exhaust screamed just like the combo above. Had weird raspy sound at 3k rpm when you got on it above 50% throttle, came at 3k went away at 3.5k.

- Milltek Road+ Exhaust
- RV6 Catted Downpipe
Idle is quiet, cruise is quiet, drones a tiny bit around 80mph but radio cancels it out honestly doesn't bother me at all. Sounds pretty good too me, or at least the best it can sound with these motors. I can go 100+ without becoming deaf. Overall happy with this combo and don't plan on getting rid of it.

OrchidFc3

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1996 ITR, 1992 SI
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Currently have a Thermal R&D with their FP and a AFE catless DP. Very loud and lots of drone. However I did install Noico sound deadening in the hatch which cut the sound down in the cabin by quite a bit. Still plan on doing the rest of my car with it. I still want to replace this exhaust with something else more tamed.

Honda Civic 10th gen Please list what exhaust you have, and your experience with it. 20200915_153036