Anyone have Megan Racing Exhaust experience?

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have actually, thats what made me buy the downpipe, I was gonna stick to OEM and rock the catless. But after talking to some people, and watching some videos, I felt it wasnt quite enough for me.

Thats why i decided to go with the tamest catback i could find. Just wondering what that would be like paired up with a catless
It's funny you say that! So this is comparing to a sport hatch which isn't identical but regardless - I put the "big, boomy" greddy SP on my hatch. While it made a nice deep tone it was not very loud, especially above like 2k, 2.5k rpms. Once I added that catted downpipe it really opened the sound up. Made it everything I was looking for.

Now on the R, in my opinion the megan racing pretty much accomplished what I had with the dp and greddy on my hatch, but without a downpipe. I feel like that catless with the megan exhaust will be LOUD lol. Maybe mine will break in and quiet down a bit too but I'm hoping it doesn't change much. Have about 700 miles to drive in the next few days so we shall see. Hoping to get some drive by clips for y'all as well to help anyone looking for this in the future..
Sponsored

TypeRNY

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
It's funny you say that! So this is comparing to a sport hatch which isn't identical but regardless - I put the "big, boomy" greddy SP on my hatch. While it made a nice deep tone it was not very loud, especially above like 2k, 2.5k rpms. Once I added that catted downpipe it really opened the sound up. Made it everything I was looking for.

Now on the R, in my opinion the megan racing pretty much accomplished what I had with the dp and greddy on my hatch, but without a downpipe. I feel like that catless with the megan exhaust will be LOUD lol. Maybe mine will break in and quiet down a bit too but I'm hoping it doesn't change much. Have about 700 miles to drive in the next few days so we shall see. Hoping to get some drive by clips for y'all as well to help anyone looking for this in the future..
Thats my feeling too. Im concerned once I throw the catless in its going to be too loud. Im coming from a straight piped STi, and im just not looking for that loud of a car anymore. I need a little something, but I dont wanna be obnoxious

disgraced.fk8

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thats my feeling too. Im concerned once I throw the catless in its going to be too loud. Im coming from a straight piped STi, and im just not looking for that loud of a car anymore. I need a little something, but I dont wanna be obnoxious
Yeah I would definitely go with a catted DP, should get you what you want without being obnoxious. That's always my goal, please the ears of those in the car without sacrificing those around you ? Then no CEL either, not sure if you're tuned to be able to get rid of the light but regardless NY makes it a pain to get inspected with catless....

I would say my buddy's Si with the catless DP, front pipe and exhaust is too loud now, even when trying to baby it you can hear him a street or two over. Oh and then with that comes the unwanted attention from the po-po's.... LOL

TypeRNY

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Yeah I would definitely go with a catted DP, should get you what you want without being obnoxious. That's always my goal, please the ears of those in the car without sacrificing those around you ? Then no CEL either, not sure if you're tuned to be able to get rid of the light but regardless NY makes it a pain to get inspected with catless....

I would say my buddy's Si with the catless DP, front pipe and exhaust is too loud now, even when trying to baby it you can hear him a street or two over. Oh and then with that comes the unwanted attention from the po-po's.... LOL
Passing inspection isnt a concern for me. I do have a hondata so need be, ill just remove the codes. You think there would be a big difference in sound between a catted and non-catted dp?

disgraced.fk8

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Megan Racing Exhaust + Invidia catless downpipe for the FK8. Most catless will sound just about the same!

Sheesh... civicx isn't working to upload my video. Tossed it on youtube instead.

disgraced.fk8

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Passing inspection isnt a concern for me. I do have a hondata so need be, ill just remove the codes. You think there would be a big difference in sound between a catted and non-catted dp?
Bit late on the reply somehow haha. Catted will just be a more refined sound, and not as loud. Like how this one is a juuuust bit raspy. That tends to go away as it breaks in though, and personally I love the raw sound. Catless with this exhaust is pretty loud. My girlfriend tells me that when I really get on it driving by her, it almost is painful with all her windows up LOL. Honestly it's nice to mess with people who are driving like jerks and blow their ears out a bit. As much as my exhaust is obnoxious, I make it a point to drive respectfully. Really once they start to jeopardize others' safety is where I draw that line. Like if you're going to drive fast, don't tailgate everyone doing the normal speed and then suddenly jump 2 lanes. Screw those people.

Also, I added a resonator to my exhaust for a long drive to NC, and I'm still not sure how I feel about it 3000 miles later. I lost the raw sound, and it's not quite as loud. I don't think I can blow out people's ears anymore, which makes me a saaad panda. Sometime I'll get a clip up.

JdubFK8

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
After reading these posts, decided to pull the trigger on the Megan exhaust. Comes in tomorrow! Will let you know how it sounds after install.

JdubFK8

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

JdubFK8

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for all the clips! Just installed the Megan exhaust this morning. Sounds amazing. Nice deep tone and just a bit louder than stock

21CBPKing

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type-R
Country flag
I have the exhaust and really loved it, but I installed my PRL Catted DP and PRL FP over the weekend and HOLY COW this thing is Drone city now. It is terrible while cruising in 5th and 6th gear now and when slightly getting in the throttle between 2500-3200 rpm. I'm not really crazy with WOT sound now either sounds really raspy. I could see it being like this with catless DP but figured it would be perfect with catted. I think im going to put the stock exhaust on for now and go from there.

JdubFK8

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have the exhaust and really loved it, but I installed my PRL Catted DP and PRL FP over the weekend and HOLY COW this thing is Drone city now. It is terrible while cruising in 5th and 6th gear now and when slightly getting in the throttle between 2500-3200 rpm. I'm not really crazy with WOT sound now either sounds really raspy. I could see it being like this with catless DP but figured it would be perfect with catted. I think im going to put the stock exhaust on for now and go from there.
oh man. I’m gonna just leave it stock for a while. It’s already a bit loud ?
Sponsored