Parasitic Current Drain, Suggestions Needed

JT Si

First Name
JT
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 MSM Civic Si
Country flag
Looks like I'm doing the right thing. Does the manual show any diagrams of the location of the modules?
Unfortunately I don't see any centralized diagram to show this. Or even something that indicates what each module is. I had to search through the Gauges System PDF just to find out the Gauge Control Module is actually the entire gauge cluster, and it has 3 connectors and a crapload of test procedures.

I suggest grabbing a copy of the service manuals here: https://www.civicx.com/forum/thread...-si-type-r-fc1-fc2-fc3-fc4-fk4-fk7-fk8.46297/

Advertisement

OP
Sonicflash01

Sonicflash01

Sonicflash01
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
Unfortunately I don't see any centralized diagram to show this. Or even something that indicates what each module is. I had to search through the Gauges System PDF just to find out the Gauge Control Module is actually the entire gauge cluster, and it has 3 connectors and a crapload of test procedures.

I suggest grabbing a copy of the service manuals here: https://www.civicx.com/forum/thread...-si-type-r-fc1-fc2-fc3-fc4-fk4-fk7-fk8.46297/
Thanks for the link! I'll dig through the service manual. Maybe I'll get lucky and see what I can find. I am thinking that I've exhausted my options. Probably will have to take it in.

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
Well... it's possible that your new-ish battery is a dud. This has happened to me before. Just throwing that into the mix before it gets too deep.

Davewoo

Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 fk8
Country flag
You didn't happen to install the LED kit, especially the dome light did you? If you have it set to come on when the door opens, it will cause a drain.

OP
Sonicflash01

Sonicflash01

Sonicflash01
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
You didn't happen to install the LED kit, especially the dome light did you? If you have it set to come on when the door opens, it will cause a drain.
I have not installed any interior lighting.

OP
Sonicflash01

Sonicflash01

Sonicflash01
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
Update:

Went to the dealership and explained my issue. They tested the battery. Tested good.

Then noted the battery drain. I do not think they checked any fuses. They suspected my aftermarket headlights (Morimoto Hid 55W). Notes say they disconnected it and it was down to around 10mA.

As they were recharging my AC (another issue...), the battery quit on them.

Dealership Results: They didn't seem to positive. Recommendation was figure out what is going on with the lights and replace the battery. Wonderful.

Called Morimoto. Failure seems unusual, as a failure would result in the headlights not working or flickering. Have had battery issues prior to installation of headlights, so I was suspecting.

I will check tomorrow on the headlight wiring, however.

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
Well I'm here to tell ya' that Honda will blame aftermarket equipment first. And it's hard to blame them to an extent. But I sense that they'll never take it seriously until you return the headlights to stock; especially if it's a warranty claim.

OP
Sonicflash01

Sonicflash01

Sonicflash01
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
Well I'm here to tell ya' that Honda will blame aftermarket equipment first. And it's hard to blame them to an extent. But I sense that they'll never take it seriously until you return the headlights to stock; especially if it's a warranty claim.
Yeah, I am not surprised. Was very annoying to hear. I'll still troubleshoot those components for verification. Take pictures if I have to.
This isn't a warranty claim either.

Rustlinjimmies

First Name
Meh
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I’m mostly a lurker but made an account very recently due to me starting to tune my 19 Si but I found some diagrams on prodemand since our work gives it to us to use for “work” lmao I attached a file if you need more of it let me know tried making it as eligible as possible taking a photo on my phone haha
DEBBC377-A928-4D71-BA34-C82467B90D9A.jpeg

Advertisement

Advertisement