Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Kusoyaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Try mediamonkey. Meshes nicely with mediamonkey for pc, though not required. One of the better pc music library apps,reminiscent of Amarok for *nix.
A bit more specialized, but if you have a synology NAS, ds audio works with AA to access your entire music Collection.
As others mentioned, cloud player works as well, but if you want to play all the music on your phone, you either have to make a Playlist with it all, or start playing on phone screen where all of the apps functions are available. After doing that, it will continue playing all when it connects to car, unless you play something else with it, like it's local radio stations, or another Playlist. That's my only real complaint with cloud player. But it's nice sometimes having access to police scanners over AA with cloud player.

Kusoyaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Sorry, missed the post that you already tried cloud player. I haven't noticed sound differences between it over aa vs just bt, or compared to other players. I put highpass filters in to the speakers, and let the aftermarket subs do all the bass, so the stock speakers are less muddied and can run a bit louder if desired before distorting.
Before the filters, the audio got weird at mid to high volumes, with the adaptive bass reduction shenanigans and noise reduction.

OP
OP
HondasRun4ever

HondasRun4ever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Coupe
Country flag
Nah, screw all that.... mp3's sound like crap. I converted all my CDs to Apple Lossless, and so I'm sticking with my trusty old 160gb iPod Classic until it dies. It's been working pretty reliably in my Civic, and I've gotten good at navigating the interface. Problem solved.

mathdydx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag

SavagePavich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe LX
Country flag
Yep Gonemad FTW! My favorite music player for android....plus one of the few android players that does gapless playback very well. I think I paid $4 for it, but the developer will often put it on sale for $2 a couple times per year.
lol I personally contacted (and by contacted I mean begged) the developer a couple months back to make GoneMad compatible with AndroidAuto so I'm glad to hear he's actually done it. I haven't used it in a while (switched to BlackPlayer for dem aesthetics) but I wonder if we can actually use our library instead of playlists.

PittGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan Touring
Country flag
Are there any other music players compatible with Android Auto (besides Google Play Music, Pandora, Spotify, etc.)? I'm looking for a player that will let me play the music that I have downloaded to my phone, and I'd like to be able to search by genre/artist/album. Google Play Music only lets you play playlists.
Try JetAudio Plus. It works great on Civic Touring 2016 using Note 4 phone. I have over 4400 Classical pieces (112 GB on SD card) and can search them easily by voice for artist, album and composer. Also can use playlists.

OP
OP
HondasRun4ever

HondasRun4ever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Coupe
Country flag
Try JetAudio Plus. It works great on Civic Touring 2016 using Note 4 phone. I have over 4400 Classical pieces (112 GB on SD card) and can search them easily by voice for artist, album and composer. Also can use playlists.
What format? MP3? I'm getting away from mp3 files. They sound like garbage. (see my post above dated July 3)

repeet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jesus7feasts.fyi
Vehicle(s)
'23 BRZ
Country flag
Why don't you just download your files to one of the new dinky thumb drives.
Honda Civic 10th gen Other Music Players for Android Auto? 810Zr6TSPAL._SL1500_

Put each album in its own folder and the display will show you folders when you choose the USB "Source" When you start playing your songs, the system will just keep playing each song after another. Unless you use your steering wheel control to skip it.

I'm not sure about .m4a files, but the manual says that it is compatible with most .mp3, .wma, and .aac files. There's actually a setting in the menu control for turning Album Art on and off, under "other" inputs.

And I'm sure you already know that the USB jack the car is expecting to see music file information on is the one at the bottom of the center console.

Kusoyaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
I've found that with larger amounts of audio files on USB, the head unit lags hard, especially during track changes, and the lane watch camera activation as well. Bad enough that the signal would sometimes be done with its 3 blinks prior to the camera screen coming up all the way.
Plus no FLAC support over USB drive. Letting the phone handle playback has no limits on format, and doesn't lag anything with any player I've tried.

OP
OP
HondasRun4ever

HondasRun4ever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Coupe
Country flag
As I already stated above (July 3), this problem is solved as far as I'm concerned.

PittGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan Touring
Country flag
What format? MP3? I'm getting away from mp3 files. They sound like garbage. (see my post above dated July 3)
I use only FLAC format. I organized my music collection on a PC using Music bee, and then transferred it to the SD card.

OP
OP
HondasRun4ever

HondasRun4ever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Coupe
Country flag
I use only FLAC format. I organized my music collection on a PC using Music bee, and then transferred it to the SD card.
Excellent. Now we're getting somewhere. I'll keep JetAudio Plus in mind in case my current set-up ever stops working. Thanks for the tip.

David Harper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Country flag
That was my original plan, to just keep using my good old iPod. But unfortunately, the Civic's crappy head unit software doesn't get along well with iPods. iPod users experience so many problems & glitches that iPods are practically unusable, as described in this thread: http://www.civicx.com/threads/best-usb-audio-device.2270/. So that's why I'm looking into other options.

CloudPlayer app works pretty good in Android Auto. And, unlike Google Play Music, it will let me play "albums." GPM only lets you play playlists. So CloudPlayer seems to be the solution I'm looking for.... Except that it doesn't sound as good as my iPod. I didn't think the player/source would make a difference. I thought an mp3 file would sound the same no matter what kind of player you used. Not so. The sound quality of an mp3 played directly from my iPod blows away the same mp3 played from my phone via CloudPlayer/Android Auto.
My ipod nano works perfectly with my car's stereo. The screen displays the artist,name of song, name of album, everything. I connect it via USB because the bluetooth sound quality is shitty. Over USB it sounds excellent. My files are all uncompressed 16/44.100 WAV, not shitty MP3.So only about 400 songs fit on the ipod. My car has the regular simple stereo not the infotainment system in the higher trim models. Maybe that's why it works. As soon as I plug in the usb wire the car stereo immediately displays all the info. It even displays "David's ipod" on the video screen. Not sure how it knows that. And it asks what I want to hear; songs by album, songs by artist, or random order. It works so well I'm glad I didn't get the upgrade stereo system in the car. And I can navigate it perfectly with the steering wheel buttons. The best thing is the sound quality. The radio sound is pretty crappy so I was really surprised at how good the ipod sounds. It's almost as good as my home system, which is a Denon AVR with 200 watts per channel and Polk Rtia5 floorstanding speakers. The AVR has a USB port on the front, so I can bring the ipod in and plug it into the home system.
Sponsored

Last edited: