FK8CW2019

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
I just notice. A ton FK 8 listings I guess a lot of FK8 owners hopping platform. I'll wait and do the interior conversion for fun down the line
Sponsored

DRUSA

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R 2000 Honda S2000
Country flag
You can actually make back the 25k ADM pretty easily guys -

Since this thing can be insured as a honda Accord you can save $$ every month to offset the ADM.

#solutionsIhavethem
......:slap:......only you and my wife could convince me paying $25k over msrp is saving money.

FK8CW2019

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
......:slap:......only you and my wife could convince me paying $25k over msrp is saving money.
Since you work for dealer what's performance.specs haven't seen 0-60 or even 1/4 mile times ?

DRUSA

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R 2000 Honda S2000
Country flag
Since you work for dealer what's performance.specs haven't seen 0-60 or even 1/4 mile times ?
Nothing more than you have seen. Wait a couple of weeks, i'm sure some magazine will rip one around. I want Nurburgring times. I want to see if FK8 is still faster than FL5. They took FL5 on the ring, never posted a time. I would think if it beat the FK8 time they would have used it for a marketing pitch like they did for Suzuka.

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
Man you should post more often lol Good to have a Honda guy with his input here

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR, '23 SO 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
Stopped by after breakfast to the dealer down the street from my house, rival dealer from the one I work at to check out their boost blue FL5. We have ours listed for $74xxx right now ($25k markup), they have theirs listed for $61xxx ($15k markup). Sales manager said all the dealers are calling each other right now trying to figure out how much to mark them up, no one knows. So far as they can figure, all the dealers are doing like a $15k markup as a starting point with the idea that they will negotiate that markup down when paperwork is in front of a serious buyer.

They still have theirs 72hrs after getting one. The FK8s had a 10+ person wait list and were gone same day, they never saw the showroom. The fact we still had our red one and they still have their blue one and its the FIRST one we got says alot. Sales manager said a lot of people are calling around checking prices with other dealers, so far everyone inquiring has cold feet. All the current FK8 owners are opting to keep their FK8s lol.
That's interesting. Did your dealer ever sell FK8 CTRs without ADM in the past?

Funny enough, I found that almost all the dealers around here that were "sticker only, no ADM" throughout the entire life cycle of the FK8 absolutely CAVED when they got their LE allocation lol this includes the dealer I bought my '21 from for sticker. There were maybe 1 or 2 in the northeast that I stumbled across that actually sold their LEs at sticker. Not sure if that trend will carry through with the historically "no ADM" dealers.

But $15K+ markups were laughable even with the FK8. Most people I've spoken to/read that did pay a markup were between $3-5K. Plenty of people even got theirs at sticker during the pandemic. While annoying and time consuming, it wasn't impossible if you were willing to call around.

SmokeGhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic type r
Country flag
Nothing more than you have seen. Wait a couple of weeks, i'm sure some magazine will rip one around. I want Nurburgring times. I want to see if FK8 is still faster than FL5. They took FL5 on the ring, never posted a time. I would think if it beat the FK8 time they would have used it for a marketing pitch like they did for Suzuka.
its what ive been wanting to know too. But the civicxi forum is calling us babies for wanting that information and exclaiming; who cares about it while explaining away that times dont matter. In the world of performance cars, times always matter. Cuckoo land.

carrot_chaser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R - Sonic Gray Pearl
Country flag
When the Fk8 came out in 2017 this was what the market was asking for the first round. $25k+ adm in Cali and about $10k-$15k adm everywhere else.

keller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si coupe, 2021 SGP Type R
There were 2 FL5s at the nürburgring today. No other cars. They might be trying it now.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
There were 2 FL5s at the nürburgring today. No other cars. They might be trying it now.

Interesting if this is true btw, as it shows they probably watch boards like this more than they admit (Honda) - and are seeing people asking repeatedly where the Nurburbring time is. I hope it is faster to justify the According of the Type R but I still love my Voltron.

JohnInATL

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP FK8
Country flag
I’m not sure that the ADM will really work out well for the first owner. How many people will be willing to pay an absurd markup when they buy one used?

How many banks will be willing to finance the car for these amounts for buyers without large down payments? (New and used)

These things would all have to be mint condition garage queens to hold that type of resale value 5-10 years from now and I don’t see that happening. There just aren’t enough people out there who will spend $55-$65k on a used Honda civic.

just my opinion

SmokeGhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic type r
Country flag
7:40.1 is the renault lap time. Misinformation in that picture
Sponsored