2023 Civic Type R Officially Revealed! Will Be Made in Japan!

B$$

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 HONDA FK8, 2022 TOYOTA COROLLA HB XSE
Country flag
We all know it's a HONDA....it'll be badass in every way. I have always considered HONDA and TOYOTA my top choice when purchasing a vehicle, and I have never purchased anything other (fanboy).
That being said, our FK8s are now a legend!
Sponsored

Last edited:

omar0123

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
Happy i kept my fk8 , 11th gen doesn’t have what it takes to make me change maybe if it had AWD but look wise no way

typearghhhh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Country flag
I love the FK8, no car looks like it on the road, but I love the 11th gen soley on interior. I'd buy the FL5 if I could afford it, then again I have about 15-20k into my FK8. Owning both would be awesome too. They're completely different cars, Fl5 will drive and handle better, FK8 looks better.

Love the FL5 in white like the reveal video, and also in boost blue (of course). 19 inch wheels with 265 with really wide fenders? Could probably run 295 without rubbing. Looks are subjective, I didn't like the FK8 looks wise at all till I saw one in person. Lots of people don't like the FK8 on looks, hence why Honda made the 11th gen look more like regular traffic, they listened to the critics so can't really blame Honda on that one.

All in all, I'd own both, but if I could own one it would be FK8.

FL5 will be worth more than FK8 in the future based soley on less made for sure.

omar0123

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
i was waiting on the 11th but didn’t fill my expectations so i went ans got me the Elantra N and i got to say the car is a blast and the tech is light years ahead of the type r so now i have both of the nicest track cars out there

Neciovato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 370z Nismo
Country flag
I absolutely love it. I'm keeping my 19 Si as a daily, but hoping to be in the market for a sub $50k sporty car within a couple years. This will be in the top 5!

Also considering:
Nissan Z
GR86/BRZ
Supra 6mt
Miata RF
90s jap shitbox

I feel like ANYONE who is into JDM - we all have the same list haha (except the Miata is just too small (at least for me)).
The Z - I would lean toward getting one and then pumping in enough mods to make it the way it should have been from factory haha :)

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
I feel like ANYONE who is into JDM - we all have the same list haha (except the Miata is just too small (at least for me)).
The Z - I would lean toward getting one and then pumping in enough mods to make it the way it should have been from factory haha :)
Based on how non-mod friendly the last platform was I wouldn't hold your breath on the new Z being a big aftermarket community...

Neciovato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 370z Nismo
Country flag
Based on how non-mod friendly the last platform was I wouldn't hold your breath on the new Z being a big aftermarket community...
I don't know - to be honest I think the new Z will be super mod friendly. Granted, Its using the same engine from the Q60 but from what I understand it is different and I think time will tell as to how reliable it will be. Throw in the fact that there is a large following - i feel like there will be plenty of mods for the community especially from Fast Intentions and SoHo and Z1 as well.

To me, looking at reviews - the easy wins on this platform would be coilovers, sway and exhaust with a tune.

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Haha I'm guess their lists would be similar! I'm also leaning towards the Z at this point, but I'm eager to learn more of a 6mt Supra.

I'm of average size (5'10", l~190lbs) so I think I should be able to fit in the latest gen Miata! A buddy of mine let me drive his NB and it wasn't as small as I thought it would be.

TheBatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CTR Boost Blue, '21 Mazda 3
Country flag
I feel a lot of people are looking at this car being MSRP + ADM. And when you look at it that way - it makes sense to keep what you currently have. As for styling - I like the front - looks a lot better than the FK8 but it doesn't have that same 'coolness' from the rear or side. Overall though - how many of you would trade in your current FK8 for the new gen if you could score it at MSRP?
The dealer I bought my FK8 from sells at sticker. I got my '21 at sticker....but even at that - not interested in this new one.

SmokeGhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic type r
Country flag
The more i look at it the less i like. The side profile is so weird.

Gotta paint the spoiler. It is the way.

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ridgeline RTL-E (Thanks to the CTR markups)
Country flag
I'm sold. My only issue is finding one without absurd markups.
If I get one will make the rear seat conversion to three passengers if possible.

Jimi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Personally I think it’s a huge improvement over the FK8.
To say it isn’t is just silly and an insult to Honda’s engineering team.
The car looks fantastic and I have no doubt it will drive better than any CTR ever made before it.
I owned a FK8 before and loved it…. So save the hate replies 👍🏽

s2kdriver80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Personally I think it’s a huge improvement over the FK8.
To say it isn’t is just silly and an insult to Honda’s engineering team.
The car looks fantastic and I have no doubt it will drive better than any CTR ever made before it.
I owned a FK8 before and loved it…. So save the hate replies 👍🏽
The increased performance is a great thing, I don't think anybody is knocking that.
Sponsored