bendrich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru Impreza HB :'(
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hello Guys,

Im interested in doing this mod, my questions are which bracket kit I need for this as fast brakes has 2 which seem to be compatible with our car.
https://www.fastbrakes.com/product_p/civicrl-12.8.htm
vs
https://www.fastbrakes.com/product_p/civicrl12.8.htm

Also, anyone using stock rims with this setup, what spacer do we need minimum.

Thanks for any assistance,
Neil.
One kit comes with rotors and the other does not.

based on the wheel specs I listed in the OP, I think you’d need about a 15mm spacer if you have the 18inch sport wheels. But I take ZERO RESPONSIBILITY for you using my math. Probably better to wait and see if anyone else here is actually using the stock wheels with spacers. I don’t know what the specs are for other factory wheels.

swanarg

TheSwanwar
First Name
Anwar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hello Guys,

Im interested in doing this mod, my questions are which bracket kit I need for this as fast brakes has 2 which seem to be compatible with our car.
https://www.fastbrakes.com/product_p/civicrl-12.8.htm
vs
https://www.fastbrakes.com/product_p/civicrl12.8.htm

Also, anyone using stock rims with this setup, what spacer do we need minimum.

Thanks for any assistance,
Neil.
If you want to get your own rotors get the kit with just the bracket. I’m running r1conceots slotted rotors for the 350z w/ Brembo package. 12.76”

As far as wheels, I was running my stock wheels with 20mm spacers which gave me good clearance. I switched to 18x9.5 +38 shortly after and have loads of room. The stock wheels are 18x8 +50. You can use a wheel calculator to see what the difference would be as far as how much less out board the sport wheels dimensions are compared to whatever spec you’re interested in.

anestist

First Name
Anestis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
wow, thanks! Well I already know that the CRV brakes performance is epic, I want to change them only for looks. Maybe we should only be looking into how we can get the CRV calipers of the civic! I am not sure however that the pistons are THAT big...Also according to Brembo my CRV (MY2019) has Akebono front calipers, not Nissin! I will look more into this! Will also try to find the pistons dimensions of the D2 Racing calipers, which have been going around a lot.

Even if they are, are you sure that only 2 out of the 4 pistons should be calculated for overall surface area?
For example you say "4 piston 36/40mm = 1018+1256= 2274mm² " but that should be 2274x2=4548mm.
On the TAROX webpage (https://www.tarox.com/en/product_cat/competition-calipers/) they calculate the overall area x4 or x6 and not x2....For example caliper model B320-6 comes with a total surface of 3633mm both sides which is close to 3251mm of OEM! Plus, this caliper is stated for 50mm discs while Hondas have 47.2mm, which I think fits.

To add to the already useful information above, here are the specs for the Spoon 6pot calipers for the FK7:

Spoon Sports 6 pistons 36/34/27mm = 1018+908+572= 2498 mm² x2 = 4996mm with 312x25mm discs
Although FK7's brakes are pretty good for everyday use, I am looking for an upgrade. I know about the BBKs that can be fitted, but I will have to change the OEM wheels as well. By reading your posts I was wondering if CRV's front brakes can be installed on the FK7. The disk has the same bolt pattern and height and the calipers are fitted on the OEM CRV wheel which has the same offset and with the FK7. Do you think that it can be done ? Of course it will be heavier than an aftermarket BBK solution, but maybe it can be done without wheels' change.

swanarg

TheSwanwar
First Name
Anwar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Although FK7's brakes are pretty good for everyday use, I am looking for an upgrade. I know about the BBKs that can be fitted, but I will have to change the OEM wheels as well. By reading your posts I was wondering if CRV's front brakes can be installed on the FK7. The disk has the same bolt pattern and height and the calipers are fitted on the OEM CRV wheel which has the same offset and with the FK7. Do you think that it can be done ? Of course it will be heavier than an aftermarket BBK solution, but maybe it can be done without wheels' change.
You can always just get 20mm spacers. You’ll have plenty of clearance. I ran thst before I got wheels no problem and it’ll make the stance more flush. Pretty cheap compared to new wheels too.

Anger

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7,RW2,RD1,RD5,RE5,RU1,FK1,FN2,EP3
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It is highly likely that they do fit. While I do have my OEM CR-V calipers sitting at home and also got a FK7, I will go with the k-system.pro setup. My only question now is if I should get spacers or not. Most people do not like them but its surely cheper paying 300$ for spacers rather than 1500$ for neww wheels alltogether.

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic hatch , 2018 civic sedan 1.5T
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It is highly likely that they do fit. While I do have my OEM CR-V calipers sitting at home and also got a FK7, I will go with the k-system.pro setup. My only question now is if I should get spacers or not. Most people do not like them but its surely cheper paying 300$ for spacers rather than 1500$ for neww wheels alltogether.
Template Megane BBK

You can print this to scale ( there's a 73mm dimension on the drawing ) and use it to see how much clearance the megane brakes give you.
The clio brembo caliper has slightly more clearance.I believe the Clio calipers are silver color and the Megane calipers are red. This template fitted in my 17" winter wheels ( Brock RC19 , 17x7 , Et41 )
It really depends on how your wheel spokes are formed .

I also tested this template on my oem 17" wheels and they didn't fit at all.They needed something like a 20mm spacer to fit.This was purely because the spokes curve in .The straighter your spokes are the more chance you have to clear the calipers.(In a 17" wheel )

Last edited:

Anger

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Template Megane BBK

You can print this to scale ( there's a 73mm dimension on the drawing ) and use it to see how much clearance the megane brakes give you.
The clio brembo caliper has slightly more clearance.I believe the Clio calipers are silver color and the Megane calipers are red. This template fitted in my 17" winter wheels ( Brock RC19 , 17x7 , Et41 )
It really depends on how your wheel spokes are formed .

I also tested this template on my oem 17" wheels and they didn't fit at all.They needed something like a 20mm spacer to fit.This was purely because the spokes curve in .The straighter your spokes are the more chance you have to clear the calipers.(In a 17" wheel )
The EUDM FK7 MY2020 has a different wheel design and are 17x8. I have already printed out the drawing and will test it on the OEM 2020 wheels. I am fairly certain that the OEM BBS Mitcubishi EVO wheels clear these brakes.

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The EUDM FK7 MY2020 has a different wheel design and are 17x8. I have already printed out the drawing and will test it on the OEM 2020 wheels. I am fairly certain that the OEM BBS Mitcubishi EVO wheels clear these brakes.
Yes the evo wheels will clear them ,but are the bbs wheels not 18" ? I know the evo 8 17x8 enkei wheels will clear them also.

Anger

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes the evo wheels will clear them ,but are the bbs wheels not 18" ? I know the evo 8 17x8 enkei wheels will clear them also.
If I am not terribly mistaken there are also BBS 17X8 ET38

Si2020

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Hey everyone,

been watching this thread a while now and have had the used calipers for a while and decided to get working on it this week. I pulled all of the pistons to prepare to get powder coated. Ordered parts and seal kits and received my fast brakes adapter kit yesterday. I did a test fit today and Need about 1mm more clearance. So Koenig Dekagrams 18x8.5 35 backspacing do not work. I really don’t wanna run spacers. So the package is up for grabs. I will place with pictures in the classified section later.

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey everyone,

been watching this thread a while now and have had the used calipers for a while and decided to get working on it this week. I pulled all of the pistons to prepare to get powder coated. Ordered parts and seal kits and received my fast brakes adapter kit yesterday. I did a test fit today and Need about 1mm more clearance. So Koenig Dekagrams 18x8.5 35 backspacing do not work. I really don’t wanna run spacers. So the package is up for grabs. I will place with pictures in the classified section later.
If it's only 1mm can't you grind off 2-3mm of the corner of the caliper?

Si2020

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Well I don’t know. Is that safe? I am sure grinding the logo is ok but didn’t want to mess with the body too much. That part (where it protrudes from the pistons) is clearing about 1 mm.

MR RS

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RS
Country flag