louie_ca

First Name
Louis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
So I got my civic a few months ago and I was just looking for recommendations on what I should start on 1st engine and exhaust wise
Sponsored

KOIVUN1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si CBP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I got my civic a few months ago and I was just looking for recommendations on what I should start on 1st engine and exhaust wise
Unless you're looking for extreme power, an aftermarket exhaust isn't really necessary imo, I got a muffler delete and it sounds the same if not better than for example an MAPerformance Street exhaust, though stock pipes are 2.25 i believe and the AM pipes are 2.5 or bigger, but I don't think it's really necessary unless big numbers are looking to be had. The Sport hatch i believe is CVT, so big numbers wouldn't be that good of an idea anyways.

For the engine, a CAI (PRL has the best imo), maybe an intercooler + charge pipes depending on where you live and what ITA temps you're getting, a tune would definitely liven up the car a bit, maybe a catch can to help down the road if you want.

Consider a front strut bar and a rear sway bar + end links. Sirimoto has a good FSTB for around $110, and $150 for either Whiteline or Eibach 22mm 2 way adjustable RSB, and just order 2 aluminum accord endlinks from hondapartsnow.com. The Whiteline adjustable end links I found to be too much of a hassle and not worth the $140 that they cost, and the accord end links do just as well at 10% the price.

JackOfAllBlades

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Sport 2.0L 6MT Lunar Silver Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Unless you're looking for extreme power, an aftermarket exhaust isn't really necessary imo, I got a muffler delete and it sounds the same if not better than for example an MAPerformance Street exhaust, though stock pipes are 2.25 i believe and the AM pipes are 2.5 or bigger, but I don't think it's really necessary unless big numbers are looking to be had. The Sport hatch i believe is CVT, so big numbers wouldn't be that good of an idea anyways.

For the engine, a CAI (PRL has the best imo), maybe an intercooler + charge pipes depending on where you live and what ITA temps you're getting, a tune would definitely liven up the car a bit, maybe a catch can to help down the road if you want.

Consider a front strut bar and a rear sway bar + end links. Sirimoto has a good FSTB for around $110, and $150 for either Whiteline or Eibach 22mm 2 way adjustable RSB, and just order 2 aluminum accord endlinks from hondapartsnow.com. The Whiteline adjustable end links I found to be too much of a hassle and not worth the $140 that they cost, and the accord end links do just as well at 10% the price.
The Sport Hatchback comes in 6MT as well.

KOIVUN1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si CBP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

OP
OP
louie_ca

louie_ca

First Name
Louis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

Thanks for the input still a little new to all this so still figuring out all the abbreviations and phrases

JackOfAllBlades

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Sport 2.0L 6MT Lunar Silver Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for the input still a little new to all this so still figuring out all the abbreviations and phrases
CAI= Cold Air Intake
CVT= Continuously Variable Transmission (automatic)
FSTB= Front Strut Tower Bar
RSB= Rear Sway Bar

KOIVUN1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si CBP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
AM=aftermarket
CAI=cold air intake
CVT=continuously variable transmission
PRL=an aftermarket parts company
ITA=intake air (temp)
FSTB=front strut tower bar
RSB=rear sway bar

KOIVUN1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si CBP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

OP
OP
louie_ca

louie_ca

First Name
Louis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If you search the forums here you can find others who are running a tune on the CVT. but most recommend not taking to too far to keep from damaging the transmission.
Yea I wasnā€™t looking for too much power I was already thinking just the intake and exhaust and then focus on the cosmetics of my car color, rims, ect. And for the exhaust I donā€™t want it too loud because I ride around with a friend and his Mazda is straight piped I think and u canā€™t even have a conversation in the car cuz itā€™s so loud
Sponsored