Getting my new 2020 Civic Hatchback Sport Plus in a Week!

Vic_L

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
So well I got my brand new Civic Hatchback, drove it 2 km and literally every error the car can have showed up.

Started with the Check Break Hold System, and then everything lit up from the LKAS, AAC to the good old Check Engine light.

So does this officially make me the first person in the world where my Honda engine failed on the first day? @Administrator If this isn't worth a custom badge on this forum I do not know what is :p "My Civic Failed on The First Drive" is a good name for the badge.

In all honesty this happening and my wife leaving is proof that karma doesn't exist...

20191203_163853.jpg
Did those come on as soon as you start the car up, or they came on after a short drive?
The dash will light up like a Christmas tree if the ECU / software had been recently flashed / updated.
Everything needs to be re-initialized, etc.
You may need to start/stop the car a few times, and drive around for the ~30 minutes, before those warnings shut off.
IF they do not turn themselves off, then I would get in touch with the Honda dealer.
Sponsored

OP
OP
DarkKitarist

DarkKitarist

Hyped for Cyberpunk 2077
First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kaihatsu-sha.eu
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Sport Plus 2020 (Her name is V)
Country flag
Did those come on as soon as you start the car up, or they came on after a short drive?
The dash will light up like a Christmas tree if the ECU / software had been recently flashed / updated.
Everything needs to be re-initialized, etc.
You may need to start/stop the car a few times, and drive around for the ~30 minutes, before those warnings shut off.
IF they do not turn themselves off, then I would get in touch with the Honda dealer.
They showed up as soon as I started the car for the first time (first time only Check Engine and Check Brake Hold were blinking on the LCD), drove it a little turned it off, turned it back on and then everything started blinking. Already drove it back to the dealer, and they disabled the middle console LED ambient lights which were the cause, they already ordered new ones and profusely apologised. So when they get the LEDs they'll call me and fix it, and I'll get to drive a Type R while I wait :) so I'm good.

Drove it for 400km yesterday, it's dangerously good, I was driving 200km/h(~125mph) and I literally didn't notice... And the handling... MY GOD it feels like a damn go-cart, especially when you put the suspension to Dynamic.

novy_wan_kenobi

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX Sedan 2.0L NA 6MT
Country flag
They showed up as soon as I started the car for the first time (first time only Check Engine and Check Brake Hold were blinking on the LCD), drove it a little turned it off, turned it back on and then everything started blinking. Already drove it back to the dealer, and they disabled the middle console LED ambient lights which were the cause, they already ordered new ones and profusely apologised. So when they get the LEDs they'll call me and fix it, and I'll get to drive a Type R while I wait :) so I'm good.

Drove it for 400km yesterday, it's dangerously good, I was driving 200km/h(~125mph) and I literally didn't notice... And the handling... MY GOD it feels like a damn go-cart, especially when you put the suspension to Dynamic.

The Type R is dangerously good, or your new Sport model? Little confusion there

R MODE

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R Championship White
Country flag
Wow! They gave you a Type R as a loaner! They are trying to suck you in to buying one.

Resistance is FUTILE!

OP
OP
DarkKitarist

DarkKitarist

Hyped for Cyberpunk 2077
First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kaihatsu-sha.eu
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
My normal Sport Plus is already dangerous enough:)

Wow! They gave you a Type R as a loaner! They are trying to suck you in to buying one.

Resistance is FUTILE!
Hehe when the new one comes I'll probably definitely buy a Type-R :)

Vic_L

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

Damn...my local Honda dealer just gives me a Honda Accord or something as a loaner.
WTF why do people in North America get shafted...our Civic Hatchbacks doesn't get the active dampers.

Just curious, does your Hatchback get the limited-slip differential (LSD) as well?
If it does, then it is THAT much closer to Hatchback Si ... that won't officially exist with the 10th gen... :(

OP
OP
DarkKitarist

DarkKitarist

Hyped for Cyberpunk 2077
First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kaihatsu-sha.eu
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Damn...my local Honda dealer just gives me a Honda Accord or something as a loaner.
WTF why do people in North America get shafted...our Civic Hatchbacks doesn't get the active dampers.

Just curious, does your Hatchback get the limited-slip differential (LSD) as well?
If it does, then it is THAT much closer to Hatchback Si ... that won't officially exist with the 10th gen... :(
Well we don't get a LSD, that being said I wouldn't know if I had an LSD even if one hit me in the face :p
Also we can't get remote start in Slovenia, but I know it should be possible to somehow enable it if I connect my car to a computer and play around a little, the key itself would be a problem, but every problem is just a solution waiting to be discovered.

I'm thinking I have my dealer by the balls now since I had to return my car literally 15 minutes after driving it out of the dealership, so a Type-R is the minimum they have to give me :) If they had an NSX that would be my replacement car.

PEPSIFLAME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Congrats on the new ride. Sorry about your wife and car issues, man. Could have been worse than the ambient LED though. I bought a 2020 EX hatchback on Oct 12. Got T-boned on Oct 15 and just got the car back yesterday.

Welcome to the community! Hope to see you around, man. First mod you should do is replacing the orange side markers with smoked ones. It's a $40 job that should take you about 15 minutes or less to do. It's 2 screws and a clip.

OP
OP
DarkKitarist

DarkKitarist

Hyped for Cyberpunk 2077
First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kaihatsu-sha.eu
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Congrats on the new ride. Sorry about your wife and car issues, man. Could have been worse than the ambient LED though. I bought a 2020 EX hatchback on Oct 12. Got T-boned on Oct 15 and just got the car back yesterday.

Welcome to the community! Hope to see you around, man. First mod you should do is replacing the orange side markers with smoked ones. It's a $40 job that should take you about 15 minutes or less to do. It's 2 screws and a clip.
Damn! Hope you're ok and the crash didn't cause any other problems.

As for the side markers in the EU we get clear ones :) I'll post pictures once I actually see my car in the sunlight, because I've been coming home from work really late so it was already dusk.

PEPSIFLAME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Damn! Hope you're ok and the crash didn't cause any other problems.

As for the side markers in the EU we get clear ones :) I'll post pictures once I actually see my car in the sunlight, because I've been coming home from work really late so it was already dusk.
Luckily, it was all just body damage. I got it back yesterday morning and have been cruising around. So far, no issues. :)

HalfBreed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Sport Sedan, 2.0 CVT
Country flag
Well we don't get a LSD, that being said I wouldn't know if I had an LSD even if one hit me in the face :p
Also we can't get remote start in Slovenia, but I know it should be possible to somehow enable it if I connect my car to a computer and play around a little, the key itself would be a problem, but every problem is just a solution waiting to be discovered.

I'm thinking I have my dealer by the balls now since I had to return my car literally 15 minutes after driving it out of the dealership, so a Type-R is the minimum they have to give me :) If they had an NSX that would be my replacement car.
I've seen numerous YouTube videos that say all that's needed to get remote start on the CVTs that don't have it, is a factory key-fob with the remote start button (under $100 on eBay), and then you take it to a Honda dealer to have them program it to your car.

Search "Honda remote start hack" on YouTube for more info.

Vic_L

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I've seen numerous YouTube videos that say all that's needed to get remote start on the CVTs that don't have it, is a factory key-fob with the remote start button (under $100 on eBay), and then you take it to a Honda dealer to have them program it to your car.

Search "Honda remote start hack" on YouTube for more info.
Yeah, I remember seeing a YouTube video about that...I think it was an Accord?
Remote start is built into the car; they just give you the key that doesn't have the remote start function.

EDIT:

ZestiCarLover

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
wait what happened did you take it to the dealership?

OP
OP
DarkKitarist

DarkKitarist

Hyped for Cyberpunk 2077
First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kaihatsu-sha.eu
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
wait what happened did you take it to the dealership?
Yes after 15 - 20 minutes of driving and after all the lights turned on I drove directly back to the dealership and left the car there. The center console LEDs are still not fixed, but are ordered and I'm waiting for them to call me to bring the car back so they can fix it.

ZestiCarLover

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Good hope everything gets worked out I have had my 2019 Hatchback sport with the 6 speed manual transmission for a little over 8 months I'm loving it I don't drive it everyday I have a Subaru Impreza as my winter car where I live I get a'lot of snow and bad weather but when I do get to drive my Honda I love every minute!
Sponsored