Never seen another R yet.

warrendeath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type-R 'Hellbat'
IMO i will never race a v8 mustang or dodge demon or a camero off the line at the stop light, even with a stage 1 tune.
now on the other hand once we get to 30mph and clear of traffic , i might. I almost guarantee 330-350hp to the wheels at 3100lb good luck keeping up with your 3800-4200lb v8 and 400-455hp . stock dyno
2018 Mustang GT Stock Factory Dyno Numbers
  • 415 Horsepower
  • 397 Torque
So unless 70HP can push a car weighing almost 800-900lbs more faster than a stock CTR tuned , i would be highly surprised if these new stock mustangs will win at a roll

does anyone know what the outcome would be 30-120mph Race? Civic type r or 2017-2018mustang /camero v8?

I owned a 2017 GT with a PP. A Mustang would probably burn us at that point, honestly. I think if it's a rolling race, and they have the rev range in their favor, it won't be much of a contest at that point for us.
Sponsored

Dragnet

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2016 Accord Sport
Country flag
I owned a 2017 GT with a PP. A Mustang would probably burn us at that point, honestly. I think if it's a rolling race, and they have the rev range in their favor, it won't be much of a contest at that point for us.
And I hear the 2018's are even faster than the 17. There's a video or two on youtube showing a 18 gt owner trolling a type r owner a bit. It was all in fun though. Not sure if his gt was stock or not.

warrendeath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And I hear the 2018's are even faster than the 17. There's a video or two on youtube showing a 18 gt owner trolling a type r owner a bit. It was all in fun though. Not sure if his gt was stock or not.
By a bit, yes. Especially if they're equipped with the A10. Depends on what other performance parts are on it, or as you mentioned, if it was modded.

Tim818

King Of The ā€˜Ring
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic EX, 2018 CTR
Country flag
Oh yeah I've had a few guys in vettes and mustangs pull up to me revving and looking at me like :mad:

Get real bro. It doesn't even have 100 miles on it yet. I'm not looking to race your v80 quad hemi whatever the hell.
Youā€™ll get use to it...Iā€™ve had a guy in a newer mustang thought he was cool to speed up when he saw me and swerve in and out of traffic.

warrendeath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Youā€™ll get use to it...Iā€™ve had a guy in a newer mustang thought he was cool to speed up when he saw me and swerve in and out of traffic.
Never had that. My thing is everyone that wants to race me is someone that has no business doing it. Oh, you want to race me in your..12 year old...Camry? Okay.

Dragnet

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I had some dude pull up next to me a couple of months ago in his gt350. The look on his face... I couldn't tell if he was admiring my car or was disgusted by it.

Tim818

King Of The ā€˜Ring
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic EX, 2018 CTR
Country flag
Never had that. My thing is everyone that wants to race me is someone that has no business doing it. Oh, you want to race me in your..12 year old...Camry? Okay.
Mainly SUVs or Crossovers try to race me...I donā€™t even bother acknowledging them, since Iā€™m a lot older now, thereā€™s no point in risking going to jail and getting my car towed.

sysjl

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2014 Subaru Outback
Country flag
I've only had an Si with a fart can try to race me. Kept doing ricer flybys with his flashers on since I wouldn't race him. It was quite hilarious.

PowerOfDreams2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 CRX Si, 1994 Civic EX Sedan, 2016 HRV EX-L, 1998 Civic Hatch DX, 2017 Civic Type R #593
Country flag
I was the only CTR at a car show in N Dallas today. Had plenty of interests. Wonder what kind of comments do you get on your CTR from: 1. Love it. 2. Ugly car, 3. Over prices Civic, 4. Practical family car. 5. Other?
I usually get "what is this thing?" or "did you buy it like that?" Occasionally I have someone stop by that knows what it is, but living in a small town in NC...forget about it. I usually just tell them its a civic. If they don't know what it is, I'm not going to try to explain it. I used to drive my old 96 civic to shows, and I had one guy (use your imagination to describe him) say "hey look! its one the them Chinese cars!" :doh:

EricDET

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Anybody actually run and get trap speeds from Stage 1 cars yet? The newer GT's are trapping 116-117. From a roll you better have your ducks in a row to touch that.

Saw my very first CTR a few days ago in my area. I was not happy. Lol.

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Mainly SUVs or Crossovers try to race me...I donā€™t even bother acknowledging them, since Iā€™m a lot older now, thereā€™s no point in risking going to jail and getting my car towed.
Yes, this is beyond true. I donā€™t know why these crossovers think they are fast - most of them are a lot more bark than bite.

Most cars that seemingly want to race me get the jump off the line while Iā€™m shifting from 1st to 2nd. Once I get into 2nd though...look out. :drive:

And when it comes time to corner...why are they braking so much?? You mean to tell me they canā€™t take the curve going nearly triple the speed of that advisory sign?!:flame:

Dragnet

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yes, this is beyond true. I donā€™t know why these crossovers think they are fast - most of them are a lot more bark than bite.

Most cars that seemingly want to race me get the jump off the line while Iā€™m shifting from 1st to 2nd. Once I get into 2nd though...look out. :drive:

And when it comes time to corner...why are they braking so much?? You mean to tell me they canā€™t take the curve going nearly triple the speed of that advisory sign?!:flame:
That's what impresses me most about this car. It's damn cornering ability.

Hoang_Honda

First Name
Hoang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Accord V6 Touring. 17 Civic Si Coupe.
Country flag
I dont think the R is rare here around in SoCal. I see one every other week maybe I drive 50 miles a day? Just saw a CW yesterday no license plate yet and im very surprised cause the dude look old like hes in his 50s. I thought only ppl like 20 30s will get this car.

Dragnet

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I dont think the R is rare here around in SoCal. I see one every other week maybe I drive 50 miles a day? Just saw a CW yesterday no license plate yet and im very surprised cause the dude look old like hes in his 50s. I thought only ppl like 20 30s will get this car.
There's a video of an elderly dude in the UK buying one. I've seen two other vids of older ladies that drive them.