Never seen another R yet.

Hotul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Camry LE, 2014 Odyssey EX-L, 2018 RR CTR (R-11702)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I haven't seen another one in Utah yet although I know there are at least half a dozen rolling around.
Just got mine yesterday! I'm up in Cache Valley though, so you probably won't see mine either. I haven't seen any others and the valley isn't that big... maybe I'm the first up here.
Sponsored

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
I've seen a total of 3 other ones... Before purchasing I saw a red one driving around my work's campus. It was funny, It came to a stop sign and I just thought, those new Civics do look aggressive, then I saw the red badge, then I saw the spoiler and was like wait... That's a Type R. I haven't seen it since as it parks about 5 minutes (drive) from where I park.

After that I saw a blue one driving around my neighborhood... Twice. I ran into that one while driving after I purchased mine, lined up at a stop light, blue CTR in the left turn lane, me in the center, and a black Ferrari in the right lane. I chatted with the CTR guy for a sec and when the light turned green, the Ferrari punched it (car wasn't warm, nor broken in at the time; and I had passengers). If I'm not mistaken, the guy lives within a quarter mile of me...

The third one was a black one that I ran into on my way home. It had darkened tail lights.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
LOL, so I just took delivery of my Type R this morning.

Was looking for excuses to just drive it around, first went to Oriley to get some towels to dry it off after I washed her. As I was coming out this cute girl comes straight running up to me and yelling "HEY! HEY! HEY YOU! Is that your ride!? Is it cool if I sit in it?" She wouldnt stop giggling and doing tippy taps with her feet when she was in it.

Next I went to Jamba Juice before I washed it, as I was waiting on my order this guy and his girlfriend start walking up and the guy stops dead center in front of my car and looks back at his woman like this: :eek:
I get my drink and start backing out, when I look up I see the guy in the window looking like this: :love:

Next I hit up the AT&T store to get a cable to hook my phone into the infotainment system. Get my cable and leave, sitting in my car trying to hook everything up when I hear a tapping at my window. Its one of the AT&T reps, she asks me "Is this your car? Can I come in for a second?"

So in just 2 hrs of fucking around doing chores and stuff, I got two women into my Free Candy Van and got puppy dog eyes from a guy. So yeah, I would say its definitely an attention getter that people don't see all too often.
That's awesome! What color is yours? (Sorry I didn't see...). Mine is black and the only people that seem to notice it are dudes from like 14 to 35 years old. I have had a few older than me talk about it. Most want to know where I got all the parts to make it look like it does.
I pulled up to a gaggle of chicks (looked like a bridal party getting ready for either the bachelorette party or the Big Day) that were eating outside at Qdoba and only one even glanced as I parked right next to them windows down.

Actually, now that I think about it, I went to a cruise night at a spot (which was probably 99% or more American Muscle/classic) and just kinda did a cruise through. I heard one girl say to another girl "I wonder if he's single" or something like that and jump out to take a few pics....but nobody has actually talked to me yet.

Plus their fatass weighs an extra 200+ pounds so you might have an even more advantage :lol:

I’m a little 30 pounds overweight, gonna try to lose some this summer ;)
Man I'm with you. Ideally I would lose 70lbs(!!) but that might be a bit unrealistic.

Anybody actually run and get trap speeds from Stage 1 cars yet? The newer GT's are trapping 116-117. From a roll you better have your ducks in a row to touch that.

Saw my very first CTR a few days ago in my area. I was not happy. Lol.
I haven't run mine yet. I would guess it would trap pretty close to 110. I trapped 104 on stock tune with luggage, car seats, and some tools in the trunk. I wouldn't be disappointed, but it may not be as 'faster' as I think and 107 may be a bit more realistic.

Z06_Pilot

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CBP CTR #15484 | Corvette Z06's | Toyota Tundra #2, | Mini Cooper Countryman Works edition | Can-Am Spyder | Ducati X-Diavel
Country flag
I actually saw my first one today. Was out on the Ducati and came to a stop light and coming up from the opposite direction was a Rally Red.....

flacobill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 IS500 his, 2020 RR FK7- hers
Country flag
I’ve only seen one out in the wild besides mine in the 7th largest city in the country.... odd.

toddrhodes

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CTR #16979, '18 Odyssey
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've only seen one (and I don't have one yet), a red one, downtown South Bend. Loved it, and seeing it on the road got my wheels actually turning about getting one. Well Monday of this week I officially put a deposit down on a blue one at my local dealer. Then tonight my wife calls me (who was a little shocked to hear I did such a thing) and says she's next to a red one, same one I saw I'm pretty sure, and that she really liked it. So... that's cool.

CivicRGTS

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Cayman GTS, Civic Type R, CRV Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’ve only seen one out in the wild besides mine in the 7th largest city in the country.... odd.
I’ve the same experience in DFW metroplex. Guess the CTR pickup truck will do well in Texas.

Vadren

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R, '19 Subaru Ascent
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Only seen one here in Middle GA area, was a PMM. We came to a 4-way and he was going one way and I another. We acknowledged each other with a wave and we went about our way. Havent seen it since then. Co-works say they have seen a CW one in town but I have yet to see it myself. I keep asking if it is a CTR or are they confusing a Sport Hatch. Around here it is SUV, big trucks or muscle car.

CivicRGTS

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Cayman GTS, Civic Type R, CRV Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Only seen one here in Middle GA area, was a PMM. We came to a 4-way and he was going one way and I another. We acknowledged each other with a wave and we went about our way. Havent seen it since then. Co-works say they have seen a CW one in town but I have yet to see it myself. I keep asking if it is a CTR or are they confusing a Sport Hatch. Around here it is SUV, big trucks or muscle car.
Dallas Fort Worth folks, bring your CTR's to Car & Coffee (free breakfast) this Saturday 8/16/18 at McKinney Stonebridge Ranch beach club 7:30 to 10 am.

krees

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R & 2020 Ridgeline BE
Country flag
Was coming home from Tampa (I75 south) from picking my pmm up and another pmm pulls up next to me. It was cool to see a twin pull up right as I'm going home. I've seen a white one rolling around Bradenton FL but not many else.

Muggsy

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R, 2020 Lexus UX250h, 2012 Toyota Sienna
Country flag
I've seen less than 10 on the road in the DC area in the past nine months. That includes the three guys I met up with when I was selling my stock wheels and tires. Saw a red one today on the GW Parkway on my drive home from work. Saw a black one on I-495 S near the American Legion Bridge a couple of weeks ago. Still pretty rare around here.

Bighead2000

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2X 1966 Mustang, 1964.5 Mustang, 1979 Ford F-150, 1952 Chevrolet 3100 Truck, 2018 Black CTR
I’ve the same experience in DFW metroplex. Guess the CTR pickup truck will do well in Texas.
Surprised you haven’t seen mine. I’ve literally driven all over the metroplex.
Add me to the list gentleman. I live just northwest of Fort Worth and drive up and down 35 thru Denton everyday.

stevescivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type-R, 1990 CRX Si
Country flag
Interesting that sightings are rare I honestly see thenall over the place in Canada. I am on vacation and much to my surprise I crossed the path of two R’s on the highway in the midddle of nowhere.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
I've seen less than 10 on the road in the DC area in the past nine months. That includes the three guys I met up with when I was selling my stock wheels and tires. Saw a red one today on the GW Parkway on my drive home from work. Saw a black one on I-495 S near the American Legion Bridge a couple of weeks ago. Still pretty rare around here.
I don't know where that bridge is but I was down in DC a couple weeks ago. Had the car down Friday and left Sunday. It sat in a garage in between.
Sponsored