My dyno numbers (Dynojet)

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I've had several turbo cars and even own a 600whp EVO.

Butt dyno tells you nothing. We can all make ourselves believe we feel a difference but unless you can see the graphs, you aren't really backing up any claims.

I have 2 maps for my EVO.. one for 93 pump @ 500whp and the other for E85 for 600whp. I can clearly tell 100whp difference. But a 10-20whp difference is nothing.

If we had some dynographs, this topic could go from speculation to fact pretty easily.. where are the dynosheets? I see none posting 310-330whp numbers on a dynojet with just a flash.
Reflash to stock, dyno, reflash to 93 Hondata, dyno

Subtract 93 tune dyno run from oem tune dyno run to get hp/tq gain from dynojet

Problem solved lol.
Sponsored

Last edited:

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
The tune does nothing to the car except remove the boost restriction in low gears. The torque shows that by being a little higher. However, I don't see any whp difference from that 93oct map.

There is no way you can increase power in any turbo car without increasing boost or modifying the intake/exhaust in some way. I have done none of those.
Not entirely true. The tune does more than that. It adds timing as well. Open up FlashPro manager and compare the stock vs 93.

https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/analyzing-hondatas-basemaps.44983/

Dyno numbers alone are basically meaningless. You need to do dyno runs of the stock tune and the Hondata tunes under the same conditions.

BrokeCTROwner

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 1999 K20 Integra
Country flag
The tune does nothing to the car except remove the boost restriction in low gears. The torque shows that by being a little higher. However, I don't see any whp difference from that 93oct map.

There is no way you can increase power in any turbo car without increasing boost or modifying the intake/exhaust in some way. I have done none of those.
Actually you’ll get a lot of your power gains from ignition timing not just increasing boost pressure

OP
OP
Boostez

Boostez

Samurai
First Name
Marlin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R; 03' Mitsubishi EVO; 2018 Polaris Slingshot SL-R
Country flag
Actually you’ll get a lot of your power gains from ignition timing not just increasing boost pressure
You can increase timing provided that the car doesn't see any knock, otherwise it's useless. It is like 96-degrees here in TX and these computers are very conservative.

Instead of spending another $75.00 for verifying a few extra whp, I'd really appreciate more real world Type-Rs that have done what some of you suggested. stock dyno numbers and then 93 octane map dyno numbers. I don't see them anywhere.

Mat8754

First Name
Syed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Here is a video of a member here I think. He does a stock run and gets 254 whp and then hondata 91 flash and gets 306 whp, that's a pretty large jump in whp

OP
OP
Boostez

Boostez

Samurai
First Name
Marlin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Here is a video of a member here I think. He does a stock run and gets 254 whp and then hondata 91 flash and gets 306 whp, that's a pretty large jump in whp

And that proves part of my skepticism. That stock whp numbers are NOT averaging 300whp like some claim - OR - the map does very little. One of those is true.

Mat8754

First Name
Syed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
And that proves part of my skepticism. That stock whp numbers are NOT averaging 300whp like some claim - OR - the map does very little. One of those is true.
The WHP isn't what is relevant here, every dyno reads differently, you have to look at the change from baseline. The take away is that from stock to just the flash he is gaining about 50 hp on the 91 tune flash. This means that clearly the flash is providing a huge performance gain. You may have just flashed your car incorrectly

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Well, yeah, you have to account for elevation changes and other stuff. The person doing that dyno run was at 4500ft above sea level, so the car will pull a lot less than normal. SAE typically assumes 77F with 29.23inHg of pressure (which would correlate to roughly 600ft above sea level), with 0% humidity. He's running at 4500ft above sea level (or about 25.5inHg). We don't know about temps that day either.

A lot of dynos offer a feature called SAE corrected values which are designed to "level" the playing field and standardize the power ratings so you can take measurements from anywhere, they obviously aren't perfect either.

All that being said, your 300 number might be real, given your circumstances.

It's also very useful to compare baseline numbers to modded numbers to see what the mod actually does to your power.

Edit: The person in the video also does explain why he's getting absurdly low numbers (for baseline and tuned) since he's at extremely high altitude.

Edit 2: A lot of users here were saying that the 300 number seemed very off, and it does seem very off. Something like that typically says that something is not right with the conditions the car was run in, or something was wrong. One reason could be that your tune wasn't actually applied. That didn't have to be the only possible reason. Altitude, humidity, temps, heat soak, etc. all play factors into how the car's power output is.

Last edited:

CivilciviC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Stop being so hung up on the numbers. Dyno is just a Tuning tool.
some might read 300, some might read 270.

mine read 306 stock and 330 with a flash.

the important part is the delta.
Agreed, but it shouldn’t be that much different. It’s the same dyno Type and same car and his stock numbers would be reading super low in such a case.

Ultimately, without a dyno run on the oem tune, we don’t really know what’s happening here. No one is blasting the OP, but we are trying to get the whole picture, I would say.

I don’t think anyone has registered ~270hp on any dyno. He should be pushing higher boost pressures too, as someone mentioned. 24.5psi vs 21psi is a big gap.

I’m more curious than anything now.

CivilciviC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Ah, there we go. Elevation can more than likely explain it (just saw it now).

OP
OP
Boostez

Boostez

Samurai
First Name
Marlin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The WHP isn't what is relevant here, every dyno reads differently, you have to look at the change from baseline. The take away is that from stock to just the flash he is gaining about 50 hp on the 91 tune flash. This means that clearly the flash is providing a huge performance gain. You may have just flashed your car incorrectly
That is not the takeaway here. I gave my dyno numbers. Someone mentioned that I'm underpowered because the stock TypeR puts down 300 without ANY modifications. That's the whole point of the argument.

If the stock TypeR puts down 300whp, then my flash did nothing. If the flash does something then the stock TypeR does NOT put down 300whp. Which is it?

Mat8754

First Name
Syed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
That is not the takeaway here. I gave my dyno numbers. Someone mentioned that I'm underpowered because the stock TypeR puts down 300 without ANY modifications. That's the whole point of the argument.

If the stock TypeR puts down 300whp, then my flash did nothing. If the flash does something then the stock TypeR does NOT put down 300whp. Which is it?
I think you're still missing the point. Every dyno will read differently. It doesn't matter if someone says a stock type r will put down 300 at the wheels, because it may put down 270 on one Dyno and 310 on another, and if it's the same kind of Dyno there are always variations in temperature and elevation.

Take for example this thread https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/2020-type-r-with-prl-hvi-installed-with-dyno-results.49058/

A dynojet was used and the stock whp was 278. The only way to get your answer is to Dyno with stock tune, load up the 93 tune and flash your ecu and re-dyno. Trying to determine what the car puts down with the stock tune is entirely dependent on the type of dyno and temp/elevation. The hondata 93 tune flash is definitely adding a significant amount of horsepower.

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ridgeline RTL-E (Thanks to the CTR markups)
Country flag
Guys read and learn. Save it on your deepest part of your brain.
I think you're still missing the point. Every dyno will read differently. It doesn't matter if someone says a stock type r will put down 300 at the wheels, because it may put down 270 on one Dyno and 310 on another, and if it's the same kind of Dyno there are always variations in temperature and elevation.

Take for example this thread https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/2020-type-r-with-prl-hvi-installed-with-dyno-results.49058/

A dynojet was used and the stock whp was 278. The only way to get your answer is to Dyno with stock tune, load up the 93 tune and flash your ecu and re-dyno. Trying to determine what the car puts down with the stock tune is entirely dependent on the type of dyno and temp/elevation. The hondata 93 tune flash is definitely adding a significant amount of horsepower.

Is year 2020, knowledge is just a search bar away and people still don't get that all dynos read differently even if they are of the same type (dynojet/mustang/etc)

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ridgeline RTL-E (Thanks to the CTR markups)
Country flag

Dude just reflash back to stock and dyno again on the same shop. You will get a better idea how much power the tune really added to your car. Remember that some dynos read high others read low. Just make sure that you are comparing dyno results from the same shop. Otherwise you are just guessing.
Sponsored