First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R 2018
Country flag
Hey yall,

Here’s my 3 dyno runs, done at a 70degF ambient in a shaded garage(no direct fans blowing in the grille).

Mods on this R:
PRL HVI Intake
PRL Catted Downpipe
Hondata w/ phearable stage 2 tune
*stock IC, stock catback/FP*

Weird results showing 298whp on the first run then 340whp on the second run, finishing with 305whp on the third run. The runs were done consecutively back to back.

I expected 350-360ish whp w/ the phearable stage 2 tune.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2018 Type R Dynojet Numbers 1C461C2F-E5C2-4E66-A540-329F67B91446
Sponsored

Attachments

m_kluch

First Name
Maryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type-R
Country flag
You're right about the results being weird. Thats a big difference between the runs. I would not expect more than 350 on that tune. Any reason you didnt have fans blowing on your intercooler? On virtual dyno my results were about 350whp with that tune with an intercooler and everything else stock. Did you cool down between the runs? A larger intercooler should be your next mod for sure.

SmokeGhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic type r
Country flag
Intercooler should always be the first mod. Massive change on the stock tune due to consistent and stable power.
probably heat soaking the tiny intercooler causing fluctuating numbers.

OP
OP
antoniojosh123

antoniojosh123

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R 2018
Country flag
You're right about the results being weird. Thats a big difference between the runs. I would not expect more than 350 on that tune. Any reason you didnt have fans blowing on your intercooler? On virtual dyno my results were about 350whp with that tune with an intercooler and everything else stock. Did you cool down between the runs? A larger intercooler should be your next mod for sure.
It was dyno day and there were 50+ cars to be tested, so there wasn’t any time for cooldown and such. No clue why they don’t have fans blowing on the intercooler at this garage; i might take it to another garage that has better test conditions.

i’m just confused as to why my first run was LESS than my second run. Third makes sense to heatsoak. I agree IC is definitely next.
Sponsored