whytfwontthiswork

First Name
s
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Country flag
Was watching a guy on youtube. I forget the dyno he used but his car made 260whp stock (ended up with 360whp fbo + hondata flex fuel tune)
Sponsored

rondrickLamar

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Civic Type R
Country flag
Hey I'm in Fort Worth too.. What shop was this done at? I have a guy over in the Heritage Trace area that has a Dynojet & will do some pulls for $40 if you want to try another one ?‍♂. Also off topic, let me know if you'd like to sell the Flash Pro lol.

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
As folks said, the difference between stock and your Hondata 93 tune is all that matters here. I don’t know Hondata, I do know science fairly well.
Science and controls are required to interpret gains/losses by only having one variable, the tune. Without good baseline numbers then you’re simply flexing your freshly calibrated butt dyno. Even at high altitudes you should have relative gains but at sea level have quite different numbers, I think rebaselining and then reflashing is advised like the Hondata savvy have said. So is trying a diff shop.

Otherwise you’re showing off a trophy without a plate saying where you finished but seem to ruminate where that is. Relax, it may take another run day to compare just one variable. Get them to monitor boost, run only in 4th, ensure best airflow cooling they can muster, and accept heat soaking is a real power killer. Testing first or last in the day can help the OAT aspect most places.
I think with starting over you’ll hzz as be respectable gains, software hiccups sometimes. Those left when released are called ‘features’, LOL.

So, using an entirely different tune (not Hondata or KTuner) called RaceChip with multiple interrupt sensors and a secondary ECU to manage them we gained +81 hp tune alone from 286 whp/296T stock to a safe 367 whp/373T. Max whp was 440hp/447T but obviously not sustainable settings, those tat are spread out in 7 settings. Dyno shows stock, 3, 5, 7 levels.

Honda Civic 10th gen My dyno numbers (Dynojet) 43C2688A-A9D7-4305-868F-A7A3B8BA9334

Honda Civic 10th gen My dyno numbers (Dynojet) 5ED604B0-ACD0-4366-86C5-0C0A9EC09364

OP
OP
Boostez

Boostez

Samurai
First Name
Marlin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R; 03' Mitsubishi EVO; 2018 Polaris Slingshot SL-R
Country flag
Hey I'm in Fort Worth too.. What shop was this done at? I have a guy over in the Heritage Trace area that has a Dynojet & will do some pulls for $40 if you want to try another one ?‍♂. Also off topic, let me know if you'd like to sell the Flash Pro lol.
Where is this located and the name? I'd definitely do some pulls for $40.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
I've had several turbo cars and even own a 600whp EVO.

Butt dyno tells you nothing. We can all make ourselves believe we feel a difference but unless you can see the graphs, you aren't really backing up any claims.

I have 2 maps for my EVO.. one for 93 pump @ 500whp and the other for E85 for 600whp. I can clearly tell 100whp difference. But a 10-20whp difference is nothing.

If we had some dynographs, this topic could go from speculation to fact pretty easily.. where are the dynosheets? I see none posting 310-330whp numbers on a dynojet with just a flash.
Agree on dyno numbers needed, but then you start going down the rabbit hole of what elevation were they at, what temperature etc..

You're dynoing your car in the absolute worst time in Texas lol. I'd wager you put better / more accurate numbers down if you did this in October or so when the temps are down. Texas humid + heat = sad dyno imo

OP
OP
Boostez

Boostez

Samurai
First Name
Marlin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
As folks said, the difference between stock and your Hondata 93 tune is all that matters here. I don’t know Hondata, I do know science fairly well.
Science and controls are required to interpret gains/losses by only having one variable, the tune. Without good baseline numbers then you’re simply flexing your freshly calibrated butt dyno. Even at high altitudes you should have relative gains but at sea level have quite different numbers, I think rebaselining and then reflashing is advised like the Hondata savvy have said. So is trying a diff shop.

Otherwise you’re showing off a trophy without a plate saying where you finished but seem to ruminate where that is. Relax, it may take another run day to compare just one variable. Get them to monitor boost, run only in 4th, ensure best airflow cooling they can muster, and accept heat soaking is a real power killer. Testing first or last in the day can help the OAT aspect most places.
I think with starting over you’ll hzz as be respectable gains, software hiccups sometimes. Those left when released are called ‘features’, LOL.

So, using an entirely different tune (not Hondata or KTuner) called RaceChip with multiple interrupt sensors and a secondary ECU to manage them we gained +81 hp tune alone from 286 whp/296T stock to a safe 367 whp/373T. Max whp was 440hp/447T but obviously not sustainable settings, those tat are spread out in 7 settings. Dyno shows stock, 3, 5, 7 levels.

43C2688A-A9D7-4305-868F-A7A3B8BA9334.jpeg

5ED604B0-ACD0-4366-86C5-0C0A9EC09364.jpeg
What dyno was this on? I find it hard to believe you are getting 367whp/372wtq on just a reflash and nothing else on a dynojet. This motor/turbo is good, but it's not THAT good.

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
What dyno was this on? I find it hard to believe you are getting 367whp/372wtq on just a reflash and nothing else on a dynojet. This motor/turbo is good, but it's not THAT good.
93 hondata reflash nets around 340-360whp/wtq in that range with no FBO

RepyT

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Race Chip is that good, ask any high end Euro owner.

I was surprised too with 81 hp tune only gain is beyond respectable right into NFW territory, got it, most doubt it. Note we’re near sea level here 65-85F ambient range done in stages over couple months) Hmmm, no flash. It doesn’t even talk to the ECU,

RC has its own advanced ECU-like controller dialing in the interrupt sensors, watching others sensors, just another effective way to de-fur a feline.

It’s not a piggyback that to me means ODB-II is used, nothing connects there (I have put my Dash Commander to watch the magic happen).

Race Chip FK8 Kit should be released later this year, mine was R&D development donorPrototype, lotsa’ runs. So, there are still world supply problems that prevent final filming w/production harness. It’ll be under $600 but how much though I don’t know, wishing it was close to $400 but prolly more. How many bolt ons do you need for 81 HP increase and what’s cost and time installed, tweaked? Once released 15-30 minute install and half that is reading manual. With 7 eng performance setting and 3 car modes independent makes 21, blackjack! I win and without any bolt ons (unless you count K&N wet air filter). Not as fancy as either K or H tunes but on the fly app changes. Mods possible OTAR to all or just one by S/N.

ECO/SPORT/RACE (any 3 of 7 profiles set) is handy and most of all fun.

Honda Civic 10th gen My dyno numbers (Dynojet) 306F37F7-E788-4247-A311-DE57BA6200A6

Last edited:

BrokeCTROwner

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 1999 K20 Integra
Country flag
Race Chip is that good, ask any high end Euro owner.

I was surprised too with 81 hp tune only gain is beyond respectable right into NFW territory, got it, most doubt it. Note we’re near sea level here 65-85F ambient range done in stages over couple months) Hmmm, no flash. It doesn’t even talk to the ECU,

RC has its own advanced ECU-like controller dialing in the interrupt sensors, watching others sensors, just another effective way to de-fur a feline.

It’s not a piggyback that to me means ODB-II is used, nothing connects there (I have put my Dash Commander to watch the magic happen).

Race Chip FK8 Kit should be released later this year, mine was R&D development donorPrototype, lotsa’ runs. So, there are still world supply problems that prevent final filming w/production harness. It’ll be under $600 but how much though I don’t know, wishing it was close to $400 but prolly more. How many bolt ons do you need for 81 HP increase and what’s cost and time installed, tweaked? Once released 15-30 minute install and half that is reading manual. With 7 eng performance setting and 3 car modes independent makes 21, blackjack! I win and without any bolt ons (unless you count K&N wet air filter). Not as fancy as either K or H tunes but on the fly app changes. Mods possible OTAR to all or just one by S/N.

ECO/SPORT/RACE (any 3 of 7 profiles set) is handy and most of all fun.

306F37F7-E788-4247-A311-DE57BA6200A6.jpeg
Looks like a case of dyno tricks to me. What kind of fuel were you using? The stock turbo is legitimately incapable of making that 440 whp you claimed even under unsustainable conditions as you stated and especially not with the stock downpipe. The 360 wheel on a 280 wheel base is hard to believe too but is more realistic on a higher octane fuel. If this is on regular pump gas its a complete load of bs. Standalones like motec haven't seen even anywhere near these sort of gains on a otherwise stock car

Last edited:

BrokeCTROwner

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
93 hondata reflash nets around 340-360whp/wtq in that range with no FBO
340-360 depending on the dyno. The 93 basemap is about a 40-50 hp increase. Meaning for someone who's car dyno'd 260 stock (which I have seen happen) their car would put down about 310whp after the reflash

RepyT

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looks like a case of dyno tricks to me. What kind of fuel were you using? The stock turbo is legitimately incapable of making that 440 whp you claimed even under unsustainable conditions as you stated and especially not with the stock downpipe. The 360 wheel on a 280 wheel base is hard to believe too but is more realistic on a higher octane fuel. If this is on regular pump gas its a complete load of bs. Standalones like motec haven't seen even anywhere near these sort of gains on a otherwise stock car
This place is funny. There are many smart car experts here. I’m not one. I watched this happen on a car with shell 93 octane super unleaded gasoline.. I guess all these years every Race Chip tune is just a series of dyno tricks? Please watch a few of their YouTube videos before you rush to judgement. Also watch the Vivid one where they get 500 hp or more with stock turbo & ECU tune, dyno tricks by Hondata at VR? Doubt it.

I respectfully call BS on your expert opinion sir. I have numerous vids of the dyno runs. This AWD dyno isn’t Race Chips. It belongs to a respected speed shop next door established and trusted for over 20 years, They do lots of import work mixed with muscle, small town.
Settings,,sensors, results, were a corporate effort reviewed weekly Or in between as needed by email and telecom with RC founders in Germany and Far East office.

Presented with facts, however enlightening or unusual, can’t be open to consideration with a closed mind. Spock said it this way,"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth,"

I don’t understand the basis for your opinion but I am willing to listen. I also know what I saw of the many runs. Some I came by unannounced and even snuck in unaware (at late lunch, after work, on way in) to ensure this wasn’t a ‘poopy play.’

You have every right using your views based on experience whether vast or vapor to say it can’t happen, I was there and have evolutionary charts as they adjusted and added more controls to keep going past ECU minimums that tried to quit after reaching power thresholds.

To me it appears the incapable thing here is your-analysis, but I’m not pissed, (decent pun though).

I’m even happier than ever knowing these achievements are baseline for the retail kit. You can buy one yourself later this year... but doubt you will. Others might feel differently and I feel good about helping confirm yet another way to get more R juice, worth the squeeze!

Oh, business is good and saw on our Cars & Coffee page that RC wants to hire more if you want to share your experience & expertise with them? Great team!

G’day!

Last edited:

Dabeast

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Type R
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Racechip told me it would be released in the next 30 days!!

BrokeCTROwner

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
This place is funny. There are many smart car experts here. I’m not one. I watched this happen on a car with shell 93 octane super unleaded gasoline.. I guess all these years every Race Chip tune is just a series of dyno tricks? Please watch a few of their YouTube videos before you rush to judgement. Also watch the Vivid one where they get 500 hp or more with stock turbo & ECU tune, dyno tricks by Hondata at VR? Doubt it.

I respectfully call BS on your expert opinion sir. I have numerous vids of the dyno runs. This AWD dyno isn’t Race Chips. It belongs to a respected speed shop next door established and trusted for over 20 years, They do lots of import work mixed with muscle, small town.
Settings,,sensors, results, were a corporate effort reviewed weekly Or in between as needed by email and telecom with RC founders in Germany and Far East office.

Presented with facts, however enlightening or unusual, can’t be open to consideration with a closed mind. Spock said it this way,"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth,"

I don’t understand the basis for your opinion but I am willing to listen. I also know what I saw of the many runs. Some I came by unannounced and even snuck in unaware (at late lunch, after work, on way in) to ensure this wasn’t a ‘poopy play.’

You have every right using your views based on experience whether vast or vapor to say it can’t happen, I was there and have evolutionary charts as they adjusted and added more controls to keep going past ECU minimums that tried to quit after reaching power thresholds.

To me it appears the incapable thing here is your-analysis, but I’m not pissed, (decent pun though).

I’m even happier than ever knowing these achievements are baseline for the retail kit. You can buy one yourself later this year... but doubt you will. Others might feel differently and I feel good about helping confirm yet another way to get more R juice, worth the squeeze!

Oh, business is good and saw on our Cars & Coffee page that RC wants to hire more if you want to share your experience & expertise with them? Great team!

G’day!
Do me a favor. Buy this https://dragymotorsports.com and we’ll compare times. This will prove your 360whp

RepyT

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do me a favor. Buy this https://dragymotorsports.com and we’ll compare times. This will prove your 360whp
I never bragged here about beating you or anyone else in particular or times. My car hasn’t been to the track, probably won’t go there. It’s a capable higher performing than stock street car capable of track use.

I’m disappointed you went for the my dogs bigger than yours. I just was hoping to have you understand what did happen could happen. The R is all about fun, and this RC way all the most sophisticated aspects are left to RC experts. I just get to go as fast as situation dictates up to its limits without the tech savvy.They’ll help retune but I’m satisfied with $/HP for now and probably quite a while.

I respect your right to disagree and somehow they’ve done something very difficult well. It sounds like you and everyone else can find out if all those bolt ons are worthwhile in about a month. Their concept is about 400hp is all an R should have before major upgrades to engine & trans to sustain. Spinning in first 3 gears on new 255/35-19s isn’t difficult so I think this is plenty for this old guy.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Boostez

Boostez

Samurai
First Name
Marlin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I never bragged here about beating you or anyone else in particular or times. My car hasn’t been to the track, probably won’t go there. It’s a capable higher performing than stock street car capable of track use.

I’m disappointed you went for the my dogs bigger than yours. I just was hoping to have you understand what did happen could happen. The R is all about fun, and this RC way all the most sophisticated aspects are left to RC experts. I just get to go as fast as situation dictates up to its limits without the tech savvy.They’ll help retune but I’m satisfied with $/HP for now and probably quite a while.

I respect your right to disagree and somehow they’ve done something very difficult well. It sounds like you and everyone else can find out if all those bolt ons are worthwhile in about a month. Their concept is about 400hp is all an R should have before major upgrades to engine & trans to sustain. Spinning in first 3 gears on new 255/35-19s isn’t difficult so I think this is plenty for this old guy.
I think the doubt comes from the fact of the turbo not large enough to produce 400whp. And that is a valid concern. I'm actually agreeing with him. I don't think this turbo can push that many lb/min. No stock turbo 4cyl is that large.
Sponsored