Mishimoto Catch Can Owners Possible Problem?

davidgostbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Ex-t 2016
Country flag
Hey guys I’m pretty sure this is going to be a problem in the future, heck it’s already a problem now since it’s thinning out! The hose that touches the catch can, if you feel the part of the hose that touches the can it’s actually rubbing out as a result thinning that part of the hose! I’m pretty sure this is a gas hose too which worries me. Anyone else with mishimoto catch cans, can y’all check if your hose is thinning out in this area too or is it just me? I hope mishimoto can find a fix for this..
Just for some background I’ve been running 30k miles with catch can installed.
Honda Civic 10th gen Mishimoto Catch Can Owners Possible Problem? 18DB9BEF-13B5-44E3-A8BD-CC4F46E53057

Honda Civic 10th gen Mishimoto Catch Can Owners Possible Problem? 73741045-B427-4337-A507-F14AAC770CA2

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
I had slight running too but it wasn’t enough to start thinning out the hose, but now I have a flex fuel kit and had to re-position the catch can and that’s no longer an issue since the fuel line was replaced. My recommendation is replace it if it appears really thin since the fuel lines are under a good amount of pressure and then buy another piece of rubber hose (about a inch or 2) or use your old fuel hose if you bought a new one and cut it open. Wrap the fuel hose with it where it rubs. Part number is 16722-5AA-A01 I believe