First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Once again , my catch can had to be uninstalled and is useless while mishimoto takes forever to honor the lifetime warranty.
I've had( as many others have) had tons,of issues with the hoses reeking of fuel, after four replacement sets, gave up on them and got some better stuff. They still, after a year now haven't sent me what they claimed to be the final set of hoses that were supposedly going to fix the issue.
The plastic fittings were garbage from the beginning, and I had to get metal ones and fix that issue myself as well.
Well, now for the third time, the o ring that holds the baffle plate secure,has enlarged or flattened out causing the plate to vibrate terribly, another issue many if you have had.
On top of that , while trying to remove that o ring, the c clip also broke, very easily so my can is useless at this point.
Yea they offer a lifetime warranty, but every time I've had to wait WEEKS to get the parts and unhook this thing while waiting.
The can does what its supposed to , but all the parts excluding the can itself are junk! At the price they charge for it,it shouldn't have this kind of stuff happening.
When I first joined here, it was all the talk about getting this particular can. Don't hear much about it anymore and I can see why.
Honda Civic 10th gen More mishimoto catch can issues IMG_20181218_184458
Sponsored

RobXsi

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nata
Country flag
Once again , my catch can had to be uninstalled and is useless while mishimoto takes forever to honor the lifetime warranty.
I've had( as many others have) had tons,of issues with the hoses reeking of fuel, after four replacement sets, gave up on them and got some better stuff. They still, after a year now haven't sent me what they claimed to be the final set of hoses that were supposedly going to fix the issue.
The plastic fittings were garbage from the beginning, and I had to get metal ones and fix that issue myself as well.
Well, now for the third time, the o ring that holds the baffle plate secure,has enlarged or flattened out causing the plate to vibrate terribly, another issue many if you have had.
On top of that , while trying to remove that o ring, the c clip also broke, very easily so my can is useless at this point.
Yea they offer a lifetime warranty, but every time I've had to wait WEEKS to get the parts and unhook this thing while waiting.
The can does what its supposed to , but all the parts excluding the can itself are junk! At the price they charge for it,it shouldn't have this kind of stuff happening.
When I first joined here, it was all the talk about getting this particular can. Don't hear much about it anymore and I can see why.
IMG_20181218_184458.jpg

Wasnt it 27Won or TSP that proved a catch can is a waste of time, money, and effort?

Itachily504

First Name
Itachi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Aegean Blue Civic Si sedan
Country flag
IMG_20181218_184458.jpg
Sorry you're having that issue. I have one and haven't had any issues. Still very satisfied with my purchase. Seems to do what it says it do. Here mine every 5k oil change...

Waste of time and money? It's catching something, so that's up to you...

Honda Civic 10th gen More mishimoto catch can issues 20181216_133614

OP
OP
Rickmeister 48

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sorry you're having that issue. I have one and haven't had any issues. Still very satisfied with my purchase. Seems to do what it says it do. Here mine every 5k oil change...

Waste of time and money? It's catching something, so that's up to you...

20181216_133614.jpg
Yea, I don't think we'll ever know for sure, but like you , mine catches stuff, actually a lot in the winter time and it looks nasty.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
OP
OP
Rickmeister 48

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I wonder if there's any difference from the cans that look EXACTLY like the mishimoto for like $30 and the actual mishimoto can itself.

Looks the same to me. https://www.ebay.com/i/173445819210?chn=ps
Your right, the stuff looks exactly the same, and for that price, I wouldn't of minded switching out some of the plastic fittings and changing the hoses. The hoses say they are silicone ,so they would do the same as the mishimoto hoses .

curt d

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic sport hatch, 06 Cobalt LS, 08 C6 Vette
Country flag
Damond Motorsports is working on a full catch can kit. :thumbsup:

Wraith

Technician
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP Type R, 2008 Civic sedan LX, 2000 Civic hatchback
Country flag
Any supercharged/turbocharged engine is going to benefit from a catch can. If anyone disputes that, then they are just uneducated in the workings of an engine.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag

tdurham19

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic sport hatch
Country flag
Any supercharged/turbocharged engine is going to benefit from a catch can. If anyone disputes that, then they are just uneducated in the workings of an engine.
Considering most manufacturers don’t include a catch can from the factory I don’t think it benefits as much as you think

Lifesabeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport Hatchback 1.5 T
Country flag
My brother is an F1 engineer for Red Bull, lets just say I wont be fitting one.
Sponsored