BataviaJim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
I got my Civic mid-March 2019. I'm retired so I don't have a commute, but with running errands, volunteer work, and an occasional pleasure trip I might drive 6,000 miles a year. However:

A month after I got my car I suffered a broken knee that kept me home-bound for the whole summer and half the fall. Then winter, although mild, discouraged me from pleasure driving. Then (and still now) self-quarantining, especially strict for us due to my 97-year-old mother-in-law keeps me mostly home.

The upshot: at the one year mark my car had 3,087 miles on it. In the (almost) two months since I've reached 3,230 miles. If odometer readings were scored like golf, I'd be well below par.

Anyone got fewer?
Sponsored

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
I got my Civic mid-March 2019. I'm retired so I don't have a commute, but with running errands, volunteer work, and an occasional pleasure trip I might drive 6,000 miles a year. However:

A month after I got my car I suffered a broken knee that kept me home-bound for the whole summer and half the fall. Then winter, although mild, discouraged me from pleasure driving. Then (and still now) self-quarantining, especially strict for us due to my 97-year-old mother-in-law keeps me mostly home.

The upshot: at the one year mark my car had 3,087 miles on it. In the (almost) two months since I've reached 3,230 miles. If odometer readings were scored like golf, I'd be well below par.

Anyone got fewer?
My sister has a 2018 sedan Lx her commute is like 5 min away after a year and 8 months of ownership she has 3,000 miles. Compared to me, I have a 2019 Sport Touring and have had it for a year and 2 months.. now at 13,500

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R, 2007 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Bought my 2019 fk8 with 4 miles on it last memorial day. As of right now as it sits, I'm at 22,025, or 63 miles a day. Needless to say I've put a ton of joyride/aimless miles on it. I should be driving my Si to work, but it isn't 1/10th as fun as this. So the complete opposite of this threads theme. I've been working 5 miles from home since December so that's slowed down the rate

tsupersonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback EX-L, '17 Forester XT
Country flag
My '17 hatchback (got it in Dec. 2016) has 16k miles. I didn't have a long commute to begin with, but I've been primarily working from home for the past month & a half. I haven't driven it in a week, so I need to do that!

Jonno426

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sonic Gray Type R
Country flag
I got my 2019 fk8 February of last year and it has under 1100 miles right now. The Joy's of living in bipolar weather/awful potholes Nebraska.

I pretty much dont take it out unless the weather is pristine and the route I'm taking has smooth roads.

OP
OP
BataviaJim

BataviaJim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
I got my 2019 fk8 February of last year and it has under 1100 miles right now. The Joy's of living in bipolar weather/awful potholes Nebraska.

I pretty much dont take it out unless the weather is pristine and the route I'm taking has smooth roads.
Do you have a second vehicle?

I should have specified one-car owner in the "challenge". :)

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
You super low mileage drivers may want to take your car out for a 30 minute+ drive a couple times a week. It will help keep our weak batteries charged.

NazTehRpR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Sedan Sport, '08 GSXR 600
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Clocked 7.8k and I’ve owned since sept. Only went up big cuz I commute 40 minutes to work and it was winter. Probably won’t even hit 10k-12k by the time the 1 year mark comes, since I ride all year (besides winter ofc). Just friend hangouts and occasional shopping.

nizarz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX
Country flag
I currently have 23'000kms (~14200miles) and owned the car for exactly 3 years last week. First year was 7500kms (~4660miles)

MaxPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan ABM, 2017 CR-V EX, formerly 2005 Saab 9-2x, 1986 Prelude Si
Country flag
I'm nowhere near a year's ownership at this point, but my current pace is ridiculously low. Purchased the car on the last day of February, and my odometer reads 249 today. Haven't even stopped at a gas station yet.

Quick napkin math indicates that at this pace, I'll be at about 1220 miles after a year. This is my only car, but my wife has been running errands in hers.
Sponsored