Loose glass in side mirror housing

conbrio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback 6MT SGP sport touring
Country flag
Anyone know how to tighten just the glass mirror part in the driver’s side mirror housing? When I’m idling, just the glass part of the side view mirror is vibrating so much that it affects visibility. Thanks to all who take the time to reply.
Sponsored

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
Double sided foam tape.

OP
OP
conbrio

conbrio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
This has just happened to both my mirrors on a 3yo Skoda Yeti. It is definitely and issue with the original adhesive properties. I have a feeling I kept my wing mirror heaters on as default so maybe 3 years or constant heating and cooling has degraded the glue. Time to get the double sided sticky tape out...Blue Peter style!
Really hey. No screw to tighten? Makes sense that it’s my drivers door that’s loose as that’s the door that’s used most often.

OP
OP
conbrio

conbrio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Okay well after closer inspection, it’s not the mirror itself but the entire side mirror housing that’s loose where it’s attached at the hinge on the door. Do I tighten this from the inside of the car? Remove the small door panel that has the tweeter to access the tightening bolt?

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
Okay well after closer inspection, it’s not the mirror itself but the entire side mirror housing that’s loose where it’s attached at the hinge on the door. Do I tighten this from the inside of the car? Remove the small door panel that has the tweeter to access the tightening bolt?
Sadly I don’t believe so. Following because both of my mirrors on my Type R are doing this right from day 1. Annoying since my Si before did not have this issue too.

OP
OP
conbrio

conbrio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I had this happen to me in the past and the dealership was able to tighten it. Just wanting to be able to do it myself.

OP
OP
conbrio

conbrio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I figured it out. There’s a small plastic panel under the mirror that needs to be removed. Fold the mirror in and push the tab out with a key. Then underneath are 3 Phillips screws. Tighten those! You may need a short stubby Phillips head screwdriver to get in there.

Honda Civic 10th gen Loose glass in side mirror housing 8F5E54B0-C61C-4D16-9EE3-F24D8DF21431

Honda Civic 10th gen Loose glass in side mirror housing F62C3B53-A71F-42D5-9C36-CB7B2F4EA791

KensBlueGenX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 1.5l MT HB Sport
Country flag
Is the housing is loose to the 'arm' or is the arm is loose to the door? If the former then you can remove the bottom housing cover (there is a visible tab when you fold the mirror in) and tighten the three mounting screws. If the latter, then yes, the inner door panel has to come off.

CMarks

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
I swapped to suma performance mirrors and can notice them to have some wiggle room and shake aliitle when driving something im going to try and fix soon.
Sponsored