KTuner software shows different ECU number.

thatonejosh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback (MT)
Country flag
Just got a used KTuner locally thanks to these forums, unlocked everything good. When I connect to my car and go into the base map creator, there is only one option for my ECU, not a list like the tutorial or like others have shown, just ONE option. Now it does recognize that it is a Hatch and a manual, but the ECU is off by one number. My ECU number is 5AN-A15 but the Ktuner software shows 5AN-A1X. The letter 'X' being the odd one out here. I haven't gone forward with loading a tune yet as I don't want anything bad to happen.

Is this normal? Would anything happen if I did try and load a tune? My car is completely bare bone stock - no mods - and has never been tuned.

Software
Honda Civic 10th gen KTuner software shows different ECU number. Screenshot (47)

Actual ECU number.
Honda Civic 10th gen KTuner software shows different ECU number. IMG_20211124_210805182_2

rwk226

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BMW 535xi N55
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think you're fine, the "x" here means any number ECU from A10 through A19 will be compatible with the tunes provided. So with having an A15, you fall in between A10 and A19, which is categorized by A1x. If that makes any sense.

OP
OP
thatonejosh

thatonejosh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I think you're fine, the "x" here means any number ECU from A10 through A19 will be compatible with the tunes provided. So with having an A15, you fall in between A10 and A19, which is categorized by A1x. If that makes any sense.
Ahhh, gotcha. They're pulling a "In the year 20XX" sort of thing. Thought it was a different ECU completely. Can't be too careful, thanks. About to load up one of the stock tunes that come with KTuner, the one that lets you use the ECON button to switch. If you got any tips for a first time tuner I'd appreciate it.

rwk226

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BMW 535xi N55
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ahhh, gotcha. They're pulling a "In the year 20XX" sort of thing. Thought it was a different ECU completely. Can't be too careful, thanks. About to load up one of the stock tunes that come with KTuner, the one that lets you use the ECON button to switch. If you got any tips for a first time tuner I'd appreciate it.
Exactly. I can see how it is alarming for first timers but yes, that's what's happening here.
I suggest starting with the Dual 21 PSI tune, the one that utilizes the Eco button. It's a really great tune, probably the best one in the set Ktuner start you with. Play around with the settings, get a feel for things. First thing you should do after tuning, regardless of anything aside from the fact you flashed a Ktuner tune on, is go Here AND add your car to the pool. It's extremely relevant data that'll help not just our community, but also will help people who aren't sure about tuning. From there, I'd more than glad to answer any questions you may have about tuning and settings and related. Feel free to dm!

OP
OP
thatonejosh

thatonejosh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Exactly. I can see how it is alarming for first timers but yes, that's what's happening here.
I suggest starting with the Dual 21 PSI tune, the one that utilizes the Eco button. It's a really great tune, probably the best one in the set Ktuner start you with. Play around with the settings, get a feel for things. First thing you should do after tuning, regardless of anything aside from the fact you flashed a Ktuner tune on, is go Here AND add your car to the pool. It's extremely relevant data that'll help not just our community, but also will help people who aren't sure about tuning. From there, I'd more than glad to answer any questions you may have about tuning and settings and related. Feel free to dm!
Appreciate it! I'm fully aware of that thread it's what helped me decide to get into the world of tuning myself. Admittedly, I was forgetting that I could add myself there. Feels unreal that this is just the beginning haha. See ya over there. Definitely will keep you in mind for questions.

rwk226

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BMW 535xi N55
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Appreciate it! I'm fully aware of that thread it's what helped me decide to get into the world of tuning myself. Admittedly, I was forgetting that I could add myself there. Feels unreal that this is just the beginning haha. See ya over there. Definitely will keep you in mind for questions.
Heck yeah!! Great to hear that man. Glad someone else benefitted from the thread like I did.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Glad my thread help you decide to tune.

Pay the community back by adding your car to that thread.

OP
OP
thatonejosh

thatonejosh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag