ECU Software Update

mochachiino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L w/ Sensing
Country flag
My ECU has to be updated to the latest software for it to utilize map switching. I just went to the dealership today asking to get it updated, but they said that there are no updates for my ECU. I even asked them in terms of the oil dilution TSB that went out to see if they would update to that one. I am not sure if they actually checked it or not and will check with another dealership, but I wanted to see if anyone had success updating theirs from the dealer?
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
The oil dilution "fix" doesn't apply to vehicles in California. Only certain cold weather states got it.

It's possible that KTuner doesn't offer OTF map switching for your ECU. What is your ECU software?

OP
OP
mochachiino

mochachiino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L w/ Sensing
Country flag
My ECU software is 37805-5AA-L660. I sent an email to Ktuner about this awhile ago and they said that my CVT controller would have to be updated to the latest software to take advantage of the OTF map switching.

There was a TSB that I came across that applied for non-cold weather states, TSB 19-027, but they said that they would have to monitor my car to see if I actually have that issue.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
My ECU software is 37805-5AA-L660. I sent an email to Ktuner about this awhile ago and they said that my CVT controller would have to be updated to the latest software to take advantage of the OTF map switching.

There was a TSB that I came across that applied for non-cold weather states, TSB 19-027, but they said that they would have to monitor my car to see if I actually have that issue.
On the fly switching is a nice feature but using a dual starter tune is excellent too. You have two different maps at the touch of a button.

Don't forget to add your car to the communty tuning experience thread:

https://www.civicx.com/forum/thread...ence-reliability-thread-for-all-models.42361/
Sponsored