Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Nissan, 2019 Civic Touring Sedan
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Just bought one and joined the club SmartSelect_20230808_234457_Chrome
Honda Civic 10th gen Just bought one and joined the club 20230809_083521

This is my new (to me) 2019 Honda Civic Touring.

So far I'm loving the car and I'm planning to get it's windows tinted and put some wheels on it that have an OEM style but are black and aren't curb rashed to death (thanks previous owner).

I bought it in the low $20k range with 40k miles on it and an additional dealership warranty that will last until 140k miles.

So far my favorite part about driving this car is the handling. I was worried about having some understeer since it's a FWD economy car but it doesn't feel like it's understeering at all until you push it to the limit. I'm also enjoying the sportier steering rack, I read somewhere that the touring comes with a different steering ratio than the other trims and that seems about right.

PS. Does anyone know exactly how that "auto steering" kinda thing works with the adaptive cruise control, it seems like it steers for me but then it tells me that steering is required.

Also any cool tips or tricks would be appreciated, my last car was a 1994 Altima so a lot of this 21st century car stuff is new to me.

panas

First Name
Panos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2019 sedan, non-Si
Country flag
Welcome to the family! The "auto-steering" feature, does steer the car for you but the car "wants to feel" your hands on the wheel.. Since it can actually steer on its own, my guess would be they made it this way for legal reasons. If an accident happens someone might say it was on autosteering, so they make you hold the wheel..
Check out my wheels as I would say they fit your description. OEM look & black.. 2forge zf1
Honda Civic 10th gen Just bought one and joined the club IMG_20230627_100218

OP
OP
orange.nissan

orange.nissan

First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Welcome to the family! The "auto-steering" feature, does steer the car for you but the car "wants to feel" your hands on the wheel.. Since it can actually steer on its own, my guess would be they made it this way for legal reasons. If an accident happens someone might say it was on autosteering, so they make you hold the wheel..
Check out my wheels as I would say they fit your description. OEM look & black.. 2forge zf1
IMG_20230627_100218.jpg
those wheels look great, I assume they are stock size for a Civic Touring? (18 inches right?) My last car was on 19s and it looked really sporty but bumps were unbearable, I think I'll go with something close to this profile since it's comfortable and still pretty sporty looking compared to civics of the past

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
Are you sure your auto steer isn’t lane keep assist? I turn that off…

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Welcome to the family. I had a 1993 Altima back in the day, so appreciate the jump you just made.

The great thing about the 10th gen Civic platform is that everything in the line has an excellent fun to drive chassis. No doubt it is getting great mileage as well, which helps with gas still sitting at over $ 4/gallon.

I rarely drive at the very limit - but I drive enough to appreciate the genius of the 10th gen. To paraphrase the Knight Templar in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade-You have chosen wisely.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
OP-- sportier steering ratio on the Touring? Tell me more. :eek:

Last edited:
OP
OP
orange.nissan

orange.nissan

First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
OP-- sportier steering ratio on the Touring? Tell me more. :eek:
The Touring gets an 11.12 to 1 steering rack, whereas the other trims get a 10.94 to 1 rack. It's not a major difference on paper but when I was driving my girlfriend's 2020 Civic Sport Sedan, I didn't care for the steering much at all. When I test drove this 2019 Civic Touring Sedan, I noticed that you can make sharper turns without the need to turn the wheel as much. In my first couple days I was overshooting my turns a little because I've never driven a car with steering that was this sensitive feeling. Now that it's been a little while I'm used to it and I actually love it. Makes driving with the paddle shifters a lot easier too most left turns can be completed without doing hand over hand or adjusting the grip from 9 and 3. It's not a crazy difference at the end of the day but definitely better for drivers who want to hit the back roads.

casper

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Sport Hatchback (6MT)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Huh I wonder if the Sport Hatch has the same steering rack as the Sport Touring. Always thought it felt pretty sensitive, but that was compared to my 9th gen Ex

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
OP --- Actually, the Sport sedan has the same steering ratio as the Touring.

The only reason they changed it slightly is due to having bigger wheels and wider tires. The Sport sedan and Touring are on 18" wheels (with 235 tires) wheels versus the smaller wheels (with 215 tires) on other models. Wider tires make it slightly harder/slower to turn so upping the ratio compensates for that. Nothing more.

The "sportier rack" belongs to the Si. On the same wheels and 235 tires it has an 11.46: 1 rack.

Last edited:

OP
OP
orange.nissan

orange.nissan

First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Welcome to the family. I had a 1993 Altima back in the day, so appreciate the jump you just made.

The great thing about the 10th gen Civic platform is that everything in the line has an excellent fun to drive chassis. No doubt it is getting great mileage as well, which helps with gas still sitting at over $ 4/gallon.

I rarely drive at the very limit - but I drive enough to appreciate the genius of the 10th gen. To paraphrase the Knight Templar in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade-You have chosen wisely.
Thank you! I'm loving the car a lot and for an economy car this thing feels so sporty. Maybe it's the turbo and the handling but compared to my old skyline, this thing definitely holds it's own in terms of driving behavior and definitely beats it out in comfort. A great daily. Can't wait to tint the windows so the black leather won't scorch me though.
Huh I wonder if the Sport Hatch has the same steering rack as the Sport Touring. Always thought it felt pretty sensitive, but that was compared to my 9th gen Ex
Yeah, I should have specified. My previous comments about the steering ratio were only for the sedan. The hatch sport and sport Touring do come with the more sensitive steering rack. The sedan sport has the normal one. The only civics with the sportier steering are the sedan and hatch sport, sport touring, and the touring.

OP
OP
orange.nissan

orange.nissan

First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
OP --- Actually, the Sport sedan has the same steering ratio as the Touring.
sorry I meant to include that as well. I got the trims mixed up since I'm still new to these cars. My girlfriend's sister has an LX not a sport. Didn't mean to cause confusion!
Sponsored