First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #1288
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Question about all the CF parts in the engine bay. Are they purely cosmetic? I'm a big fan of CF as much as anyone, but if I won't be showing my car much, I'm trying to justify the purchase lol.

The intake on the other hand should be beneficial. We will have to wait and see just how much with some before and after dynos. Johnny did you do a dyno before installation?
Carbon Fiber in the engine bay is for sure mostly cosmetic. It aids in having a clean/sleek look. The intake of course is dual purpose, looks good and for performance. Performance numbers are TBD since it's still in the testing phase.

Dyno will be done soon. They still have my car all week.
Sponsored

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Question about all the CF parts in the engine bay. Are they purely cosmetic? I'm a big fan of CF as much as anyone, but if I won't be showing my car much, I'm trying to justify the purchase lol.
Carbon Fiber in the engine bay is for sure mostly cosmetic. It aids in having a clean/sleek look. The intake of course is dual purpose, looks good and for performance. Performance numbers are TBD since it's still in the testing phase.

Dyno will be done soon. They still have my car all week.
Isn't the cooling plate functional? Better directs air flow over the coolant heat exchanger?

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EF9 DC2 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Some updates:

Password JDM has finished their Carbon Fiber cooling plate! I'm bringing my car back in today for install. I'll update with pictures.
Any chance you can ask them to remake the sideskirts and front lip and get them made up in CF as well?

OP
OP
jonnys_honda

jonnys_honda

First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #1288
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Any chance you can ask them to remake the sideskirts and front lip and get them made up in CF as well?
Already had discussions about that :thumbsup:
Not sure about the timing of those parts, haven't started any molds yet.

SlaughterR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 civic si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looks real good all together! I'm waiting for my fender pieces to come back. I got sent a sent that didn't have a slot for the hood prop haha. I really like the resivor cover too! And looks like an ECU cover in carbon?
Sponsored