First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A whole farm of Hondas
Country flag
How do you like the shift knob?

The stock one gets blistering hot if it sits in the sun, so I'm looking for a different one. (OEM stuff is my favorite)
Sponsored

onions

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR 992
Country flag

The stock one gets blistering hot if it sits in the sun, so I'm looking for a different one. (OEM stuff is my favorite)
This isn't my thread but I'll share my experiences as I just had mine replaced with the same OEM knob.

It sits a tad taller, enough for me to notice that the throw distance is greater. The threading on front is a tad rough and kinda irritates my palm. I must have delicate pansy hands or something. Still getting used to the new shape, but at this point I am honestly considering swapping back to the alumiball. I'll give it some more time and see if I can get used to it though. It's only been a day after all.

OP
OP
jefxfree

jefxfree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R, EK hatch
Country flag

This isn't my thread but I'll share my experiences as I just had mine replaced with the same OEM knob.

It sits a tad taller, enough for me to notice that the throw distance is greater. The threading on front is a tad rough and kinda irritates my palm. I must have delicate pansy hands or something. Still getting used to the new shape, but at this point I am honestly considering swapping back to the alumiball. I'll give it some more time and see if I can get used to it though. It's only been a day after all.
I agree with the first part of Onions post. It's definitely taller.

But I actually prefer the new knob. The top piece is still metal, so it could still be hot. Only the side is wrapped.

But I haven't had any heat issues yet (though it's not summer in CA yet).

typemismatch

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A whole farm of Hondas
Country flag

If you decide to part with it let me know and we'll see if we can work something out.

Thanks!