Is ktuner worth it even no after market parts?

OP
OP

stickshiftnewbie

First Name
Phel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen SI
Country flag
teachable moment I suppose....
light acceleration - not a big deal I guess. But if you were looking to move out quickly, downshift before punching it.

just my opinion, some people think i'm too cautious
That’s what i’m thinking too hahaha thanks!!
Sponsored

KramVT0215

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe, 2008 Acura TL
Country flag
Absolutely worth it! Ktuner was my first mod it completely changes the feel of the car. You will want to think about a clutch at some point eventually its inevitable with these cars unfortunately Honda didn't put a strong clutch in them. Mine crapped out at 2800 miles lol then again I started custom tuning at 600 miles on the car so I never really broke it in.

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
On the other hand, I flashed with Hondata around 3000 miles, and have over 14000 miles on it now. Clutch is absolutely fine. Break in and wear are important. Some people are harder on their clutch than others.

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
But once i flashed my car with the ktuner it will automatically void my warranty right?
short answer - pretty much but if you put the car back to stock before bringing it to the dealer, they'll likely have no reason to suspect the car has been modified. I know of zero cases on this forum where the dealer detected the car was flashed previously when it was brought in for service on the stock map in stock form.

long answer (you can TLDR this)- google for the magnusson moss act. In short it says a manufacturer must prove a modification caused a resulting failure if they are to deny warranty claim based repair/replacement. In the end, this means getting involved with legal filings and likely will result in arbitration between the parties involved. Win or lose, it will not be a quick thing. There is someone on the forum right now dealing with a damaged engine because his CAI sucked up water from a deep puddle. Manufacturer warranty isn't covering it. He's now trying to get his car insurance to cover it. He's been without his car for more than a few days, and I don't see a quick solution for him anytime soon.

OP
OP

stickshiftnewbie

First Name
Phel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen SI
Country flag
Thank you for the info!! Yeah i have 3 years service on my dealer that’s why i’m hesitant to buy ktuner

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is ktuner a nice mod for a daily driven car?
You won’t notice a big difference in every day driving. The base tunes are designed to improve responsiveness throughout the power band and in the top end where it doesn’t in stock form. You really notice how it smooths out the entire power band and gives the car an overall better performance feel. Overall, the car just drives better.

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
6th gear i bet my speed was around 70-80ish
5th and 6th gears are overdrive gears on this car. If you want to pass on the freeway at 70 then slowly accelerate and don't go full throttle or you can drop down into 4th gear and then step on it and blow them in the weeds.

r1dered214

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si coupe
Country flag
5th and 6th both are OD gears? I’ve been driving this car all kinds of wrong. Explains a lot though.

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Full size truck? compared to an average sedan or an economy car?

In any case, know your ratios. It's in the owners manual and widely available online.
Sponsored