Stock or after market Intercoolers Worth it?

corvet786c

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
I just read where we are limited what we can do with our cars meaning, bolt on parts will not produce much gains compared to just tuning it. I am new with the civic so would like the correct info. Is the stock intercooler much of a restriction, is it worth to purchase something else with better gains. Also read that aftermarket headers will not produce much gains.

Can someone fill me in Thanks
Sponsored

MattyNice

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well, no header here...not anymore. Downpipes now and that seems to be the best bang for your buck bolt on part.

I’ve done nothing yet to mine but for plasti dipping the chrome. The aftermarket intercooler has peaked my interest the most. Not because of any power boost, but because this cars seems incredibly sensitive to heat and the ecu pulls timing and boost. I’m wondering if the aftermarket products remedy that. Only thing is they’re bigger and that likely means a little lag will come w it.

RobXsi

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nata
Country flag
I just read where we are limited what we can do with our cars meaning, bolt on parts will not produce much gains compared to just tuning it. I am new with the civic so would like the correct info. Is the stock intercooler much of a restriction, is it worth to purchase something else with better gains. Also read that aftermarket headers will not produce much gains.

Can someone fill me in Thanks

From my research, I feel we are NOT limited. You can get this badboy up to 300-400whp if you invest correctly. But stock is definitely limited.

Intercooler is one of the last on the list I believe to upgrade. Much better upgrades available that will get significant gain.
Sponsored