Xaymaca

First Name
Jermaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Mazda Mazdaspeed 3
Country flag
Right now I am almost full bolt on: PRL Catted Downpipe, Invidia Catback Exhaust, Mishimoto FMIC, PRL Race MAF SRI, and Ktuner 23 psi tune. I am pondering buying a PRL frontpipe, but wonder is it really worth it? Wanted to get some feed back from the community and see other's opinions on this. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I don't think you'll notice a substantial drop in difference with it, but for being FBO running the stock front pipe just feels weird to me. I'd go full send and get it just for completeness sake. Its a restriction at the end of the day.

Ty3366!!

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI
Country flag
Yes your oem fp is restrictive. Itll add a little more rumble and deeper louder sound as well. Performance wise with the stock turbo, ehh. But it 100% wouldnt hurt. Just do it, your already this far complete the job yanno

KingOfBrussels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Si sedan
Country flag
This is a video of the aFe front pipe on a car with the stock turbo. I set the link here to start at the dyno chart part of the video.

You can see that it mainly helps with low/midrange power while the turbo is spooling up. The difference at the very top end is because it's comparing to a previous dyno pull where the car was a bit heat soaked and it pulled timing close to redline. Not a huge gain but it at least does something.

The aFe front pipe is 2.5" vs 3" on the PRL so you may see slightly more of an improvement from PRL but who knows.

Reactions: Myx

jconnway

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Hatch 2017 Sport Hatch
Country flag
I ordered an Invidia Front pipe for my grey civic just to complete the “cat back”. I’m sure it does add a little power

Ronny2019

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si Coupe
Country flag
Right now I am almost full bolt on: PRL Catted Downpipe, Invidia Catback Exhaust, Mishimoto FMIC, PRL Race MAF SRI, and Ktuner 23 psi tune. I am pondering buying a PRL frontpipe, but wonder is it really worth it? Wanted to get some feed back from the community and see other's opinions on this. Thanks in advance.
I hope this will help. So i had the prl high volume dp put on and a week later got the prl front pipe put on and there was a diffrence in sound and about 100-200 earlier spool. I got this info from the data logs that i had overlayed and compared after a few same situation tests. Now I have stock exhaust except for the dp & fp also running E

Romeoridgee

Honda Dealer Tech.
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SPT 17 EX-T 08 LX 21 CRV 12 Acc 14 328I CONV
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Any pipe after the turbo is a restriction. 3” all the way for boosted engines

Los1391

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CBP Si Sedan
Country flag
You should check out the thread that @Myx created about all the different front pipes available (when I find it again I will post it in here). I actually was going back n forth about buying one or not during this past black friday sale.

Spark notes summary of it;
He came to the conclusion that he saw now no real gains from it in his 1/4 mile time and trap speeds while comparing his stock front pipe, prl’s, and a few other brands.

Reactions: Myx

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For stock turbo it doesn't seem to add much in the top end