First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
What's the half setting?
It won't pull as much timing to accomplish traction control and the car will be using abs as well to intervene. Full VSA can pull all the timing it wants and thus creates a much richer exhaust mixture. Even ktuner doesn't recommend full VSA if you still have a cat.

Montana Miner

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
It won't pull as much timing to accomplish traction control and the car will be using abs as well to intervene. Full VSA can pull all the timing it wants and thus creates a much richer exhaust mixture. Even ktuner doesn't recommend full VSA if you still have a cat.
How to engage half mode?

Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
How to engage half mode?
when you upload a tune it should give you different levels of VSA. I haven't done it yet but read up on it on ktuner.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Montana ... If we're talking about KTuner's Advanced VSA system, I'm pretty sure Hondata has a similar setup they call "Traction Control".

I ran the light setting of AVSA for quite some time on my Phearable 1.5R tune. Seemed fine. But a while back I asked John Vega about the timing pull back potentially causing cat issues and whether he recommended using AVSA with his tune. This was his response:

I have yet to see any catalyst damage due to AVSA.
AVSA is not recommended as it can over-react, and decrease power output.

Using throttle modulation and good tires is a better way to manage traction.

Montana Miner

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Okay, so I've owned my Si for 6 years now.

I have never heard of rev hang delete possibly creating oil instability and subsequent oil loss. Never heard of advanced VSA eating away at the cat either.
I’m changing oil today on my 2020 Si. Which is running custom tuning (E-tunez) with bolt ons And rev delete. Oil has 8,246 miles, maintenance minder at 10%. Sending a sample to black stone labs for full oil analysis. Will post results.

WRX always want to race me and they always lose. In canyons. And the guys at the Dyno shop were all subaru heads, they were left scratching them after my pulls.
Sponsored