PeakH

First Name
Peakdey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring (Grey)
Country flag
Which Intake should I get, Im looking at mishimoto intake, but still unsure.
Sponsored

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback FK7
Country flag
Which Intake should I get, Im looking at mishimoto intake, but still unsure.
There’s a lot of threads here regarding the intake for a 1.5t or a 2.0 NA engine, just use the search function for that found on the top right section.

OhMyItsKev

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There’s a lot of threads here regarding the intake for a 1.5t or a 2.0 NA engine, just use the search function for that found on the top right section.
or you can just answer his question.

@OP. The recommended intakes are either the PRL Cobra CAI or the 27Won CAI.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
The poster above gave you two of the best options.

One other note. Avoid the Injen intakes as they tend to cause some strange fuel trims.

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag

Good point. I was wondering when we'd have another thread about the exact same thing that gets discussed multiple times per week. SMH

OhMyItsKev

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Good point. I was wondering when we'd have another thread about the exact same thing that gets discussed multiple times per week. SMH
Not difficult to answer someone's question when this is what communities like this are for.

And if another thread like this is made. So what? Are you hurt somehow? lol.

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
Not difficult to answer someone's question when this is what communities like this are for.

And if another thread like this is made. So what? Are you hurt somehow? lol.
The problem is we end up w/ hundreds of threads about the same exact thing, which makes it difficult for people who aren't lazy to find what they are looking for.

OhMyItsKev

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The problem is we end up w/ hundreds of threads about the same exact thing, which makes it difficult for people who aren't lazy to find what they are looking for.
Again. Does this hurt you somehow?

If you couldn't tell, the OP is new to this forum. It's best to give them a warm welcome rather than a comment that says "go look for yourself."

If I were you, I wouldn't immediately deem them lazy, but new. You know what they say about assuming.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Here's the thing. I've run a car forum since 2002. I absolutely hate the "use search" response from members. The OP could be new to the forum and basically it makes the guy feel like it's not a friendly place.

And believe me, I'm all for organization and minimal clutter.

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
Teach a man to fish... People around here wouldn't last long on NASIOC. And no, this doesn't hurt me, but it hurts the quality of the forum as a whole.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So just too add to my other post. I know what you are saying about search. And sure some people are lazy and don't use it. Others may search and not find the answer they're looking for and believe it or not I've had people new to forums who had no idea we even had a search feature.

Look, I started my tuning survey thread to kind of consolidate things in one megathread. I do hear what you're saying about organization. And when there is thread after thread with the same question it can be annoying. But I don't think a topic like this from a new member diminishes the quality of this forum.

On the other hand I'll tell you what drives me nuts. Folks copying and pasting the same topic and posting it in multiple forums. Or long term members asking the same thing over and over. That's another story.

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
I don't think a ton of people know that google is the best way to search in conjunction with "site:civicx.com". So much better than the built in searching on any forum.

I'd like to see more stickied posts about things that get asked ad naseum. Topics around things like intakes, BOVs and why they suck, etc.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'd like to see more stickied posts about things that get asked ad naseum. Topics around things like intakes, BOVs and why they suck, etc.
At my forum we started a Wiki knowledgebase that was a nice add on to the forum itself where we basically did just that. Overall, I actually think the admin here has done a nice job with the forum all things considered.

Anyway, back to regular intake question programming...

OhMyItsKev

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't think a ton of people know that google is the best way to search in conjunction with "site:civicx.com". So much better than the built in searching on any forum.

No. Not many people to search on Google like that. Furthermore, as a new-ish member myself I was nervous about posting due to people like you and zspeed.

Luckily, I was welcome by individuals who really seemed to genuinely want to help me with the issue that I had at the time and allowed me really look forward to this forum.

You have no idea what OP's background is or any information about them. It's best not to assume anything just because it causes a little "clutter." Your very attitude is what causes some people to be afraid of posting or leave the forums in general.

A little consideration goes a long way.

Last edited:

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback FK7
Country flag

Alright just to make everyone happy here.

The Mishimoto intake is prone to heat soak the reason why it’s not popular. Even though it is enclosed with a heat shield, the material they used is absorbing lots of the heat. Good side is if you’re from CA, it’s CARB approved.

The PRL Cobra CAI has its filter situated at the bottom of the driver side headlight. It gives more power compared to a short ram intake and you can use either a race MAF (requires tune) or a street MAF. Downside is it is prone to hydrolocking due to the location of the filter.

The 27Won CAI is the popular pick for owners living in areas that are prone to hydrolocking sincethe filter is situated at the engine bay enclosed in a heat rejection material that has a duct underneath going to the bottom section of the driver side headlight in order for it to suck cooler air for more power. It can also be fitted with a race MAF that requires a tune or a street MAF.

Another intake that is cheap that will be fine is the PRL stage 1 intake. It comes with a high flow drop-in filter and a smooth silicone intake tune. It is a conservative setup though that will not give you the sound that you want but is less restrictive compared to the stock intake setup.

Lastly, @OhMyItsKev, I also did my research and due diligence since I know not everything is served in a platter.
Sponsored