If you could do it all over again: would you buy another Honda?

denniswilson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sedan LX
Country flag
Ive been very loyal to Honda. I have owned 10 brand new Hondas since 1984. All my Hondas were an excellent ownership experience. Extremely reliable and excellent dealer service. Three of my Hondas went over 200k miles. I only changed oil, filters, transmission fluid, plugs, coolant, cap, rotor, tires, brakes, wiper refills. Never had do anything else besides regular maintenance. I think maybe 2 or 3 recalls.

However, my current 2018 Civic Sedan is terrible. 3 A/C condensers, compressor seal, A/C evaporator, rear window defroster inop, and a current recall on the fuel pump with parts available at the end of this year. Only 35k on this car. The 10th generation Civic is built "cheesy" compared to my others. Rattles, paper thin body sheet metal, cheap thin carpet, cheapo upholstery, delaminated rear view mirror. My 1995 Civic Sedan was better built. I'm not happy and I will be thinking of another brand.....maybe Toyota or Hyundai.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Oelandsir

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mazda cx5
I plan to buy my first car, I've been seriously considering getting a Honda. From what I've heard and researched, they seem like reliable and efficient vehicles. Plus, their reputation for longevity is definitely appealing. I've been exploring different options, including auctions proxibid, and it seems like a promising avenue to find a quality Honda at a reasonable price.

Last edited:

sbace_hamb

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic FK7
Country flag
I plan to buy my first car, I've been seriously considering getting a Honda. From what I've heard and researched, they seem like reliable and efficient vehicles. Plus, their reputation for longevity is definitely appealing. I've been exploring different options, including auctions proxibid, and it seems like a promising avenue to find a quality Honda at a reasonable price.
@administrator I don't think anyone should click Mr. Roboto's link there. His whole history too lmao

OP
OP

Hmm888

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda3
Country flag
@administrator I don't think anyone should click Mr. Roboto's link there. His whole history too lmao
It's just a link to "pissed consumer" website. However, the rant by Proxibid seems like it was written while being under the influence and doesn't seem to have any purpose.

OP
OP

Hmm888

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda3
Country flag
The CVT in the mid-2000s Civic Hybrid was one of the car's weak spots. I saw plenty of failure stories and in our Canadian prairie climate, the recommendation was to replace the fluid every 40k kms to avoid transmission slipping. But the most recent generation seems to be a little better, Honda probably has things better figured out now.
Honda's AT have always been an issue it seems. Those I randomly speak to these days about the 2020s Hondas complain about their AT transmissions, and their splitting to rotors easily warping. I'm not fond of their suspension either. The drivetrain is the most expensive "component".

I remain skeptical of Honda and I doubt I'll choose a Honda again. If anything, I'll go with a Toyota Corolla or Prius hybrid.

sbace_hamb

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic FK7
Country flag
It's just a link to "pissed consumer" website. However, the rant by Proxibid seems like it was written while being under the influence and doesn't seem to have any purpose.
If you look at his profile, ALL of his posts use the same AI-like cadence and basically all link to pissedconsumer. So either someone is being paid a pittance to share their links, or it's part of a network of bots they have that just go linking their website on enthusiast forums to get clicks. My vote is on the latter because of how it tries to keep a comment relevant but can't, and also the contradictions across their posts.

redcoats1976

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic coupe,2015 camaro RS
Country flag
i dont think honda quality is what it once was. faulty a/c system,window seals that fall apart at 6 years old,and a fuel pump recall with parts not available till september.it does drive well and looks porty.i think my sons 1994 del sol is built better and is more durable in the long run.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would get a new Integra Type S. Saw one on the road and I like it!

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
i dont think honda quality is what it once was. faulty a/c system,window seals that fall apart at 6 years old,and a fuel pump recall with parts not available till september.it does drive well and looks porty.i think my sons 1994 del sol is built better and is more durable in the long run.
As an older guy who's been a Honda fan going way back, my CR-X, Integra and 5th gen Civic all had better quality control than my 10th. I kind of wonder if it was because Honda QC was simply better back then or the fact they were Japanese built.

Don't get me wrong, I love my tuned 10th gen overall but this car has a lot of qc shortcomings. The terrible, soft paint. The huge panel gaps. Weak A/C. Belt moldings that rot in the sun. The weak standard halogen headlights.

denniswilson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sedan LX
Country flag
I agree.....I also forgot to mention in my previous post with my 2018 Civic Sedan.....all my window seals.....like yours @redcoats1976 ......turned to goo after only 3 years. My steel rims also turned to rust after only 3 years as well. And adding to my previous post....My 1999 CRV with 220k miles still had the original factory installed rear drum brakes and shoes. The Honda Dealer Tech told me the 99 CRV was probably the best, most reliable car Honda ever made.
Sponsored