If you could take back time?

Rawnerve1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 crv
Country flag
I really love the new civic. I test drove the ext and the touring models more then once. I am also a honda fan since the late 90's. I have a old 03 civic which is not doing to well. I really need a car now but I keep reading about problems with the new civic. From sunroofs not working, surgeing, raido going black, ect... just alot of problems. I understand its a new model but i had a 2001civic and 2003 accord when it first came out and no problems.

My question is if you could take back time would you still by the 2016 civic?

If the accord sport had a push button start and AA i would buy it in a heartbeat.
Sponsored

routehero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
On the internet, you will generally only hear about the complaints and not about the praises. Any customer service follows this pattern.

Happy people don't make a lot of noise.

I've had my Touring for 4 weeks and the biggest problem is the subwoofer rattle. When I go in for the first oil change, I'll ask them to take a look. In the mean time, I mitigated the problem by reducing the sub in the sound settings to -4 and all is well. Plenty of bass out of the speakers.

GoPackGo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Energy Green Coupe
Routehero is exactly right. People are 1000X more likely to go online to complain than to say they are happy and satisfied. I've only had my coupe touring about 3 weeks but I love it. I've had no subwoofer rattle (knock on wood). The only thing that isn't working right is the wipers. But overall I'm impressed.

pwschuh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX 6-speed
Country flag
I would buy mine again. I have had zero problems. But mine is an LX with no subwoofer and no nav system and no CVT no sunroof. Mo accessories = mo problems. This has been true in cars since forever, but has been become even more true in the last 30 years. I am always surprised when I read statistics about how many cars made in the last 10 years have automatic transmission problems.

Boz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX Sedan - Modern Steel Metalic / Black
Country flag
I bought my EX base 1/18/16. I have had no problems at all, except one time in March my head unit didn't start, but the next time I drove the car, everything was back to normal, and it hasn't happened since. The ONLY thing I might do if I could turn back time, based on the reports on the forum of much better real life MPG with the 1.5L vs the 2.0L engine, I might more seriously weigh the cost difference to upgrade to the 1.5L engine. But that is hindsight, because the EPA MPG estimate showed much less of a difference in MPG compared to the real life difference reported on this forum.

Touring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2013 Honda Civic EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yep, i would absolutely buy my Touring again. Ive had some minor issues: Erratic rain sensing wipers, CVT surging, subwoofer rattle, a bug here and there with the head unit. The good things about this car far outweigh the minor annoyances. One thing i will admit I kind of regret though is my colour choice. Kinda wishing i went with Aegean Blue instead of black.

andy_kiawah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
I really love the new civic. I test drove the ext and the touring models more then once. I am also a honda fan since the late 90's. I have a old 03 civic which is not doing to well. I really need a car now but I keep reading about problems with the new civic. From sunroofs not working, surgeing, raido going black, ect... just alot of problems. I understand its a new model but i had a 2001civic and 2003 accord when it first came out and no problems.

My question is if you could take back time would you still by the 2016 civic?

If the accord sport had a push button start and AA i would buy it in a heartbeat.
It's a really nice car, and I love the interior and features. I find I'm asking myself this question over and over again lately, and I keep leaning towards yes. I would buy it again. I have to disagree with some on here though about happy people don't make noise. I wrote honda when I first purchased the car thanking them for making the 2016 civic touring. I told them I felt like it was a treat from Honda to it's customers. Hell, I contacted Pet Ice Cream the other week telling them how much I love the limited edition peppermint bark with moose tracks. If I were you, though, if you can make it until the 2017's come out... I would try to do that... There are several bugs with this car, some of which I am sure have yet to pop up. Or, if you can't wait, and this actually is probably a better piece of advice, get the extended warranty that covers electronics thrown in by the dealer. Yes it's a nice car, yes... I would probably buy it again.

OP
OP

Rawnerve1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 crv
Country flag
It's a really nice car, and I love the interior and features. I find I'm asking myself this question over and over again lately, and I keep leaning towards yes. I would buy it again. I have to disagree with some on here though about happy people don't make noise. I wrote honda when I first purchased the car thanking them for making the 2016 civic touring. I told them I felt like it was a treat from Honda to it's customers. Hell, I contacted Pet Ice Cream the other week telling them how much I love the limited edition peppermint bark with moose tracks. If I were you, though, if you can make it until the 2017's come out... I would try to do that... There are several bugs with this car, some of which I am sure have yet to pop up. Or, if you can't wait, and this actually is probably a better piece of advice, get the extended warranty that covers electronics thrown in by the dealer. Yes it's a nice car, yes... I would probably buy it again.
I wish i could wait but I need a car. I do not like the 5dr fastback at all. I thought about the fit, hrv, accord but for some reason I keep coming back to the civic..

andy_kiawah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
I wish i could wait but I need a car. I do not like the 5dr fastback at all. I thought about the fit, hrv, accord but for some reason I keep coming back to the civic..
Get the Civic, and get the Touring... just get the extended warranty. I'm considering buying it out of pocket. I'm not thrilled about the very real prospect of having to pay for an electronics related failure after 36000 miles is up.

MisterEnigma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
I'd still get the Civic. But I would have gone with another dealer, and better my negotiation tactics. Also, I might have gone with the EX-L instead of EX-T.

Overall, I'm still satisfied.

TChewy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Cosmic Blue, 2014 Mazda CX-5
I would buy this car again for sure. The amount of tech and goodies in this car make it feel like a luxury car without the luxury price. I still look at my Touring parked in my garage, or anywhere for that matter, and can't get over how nice this looks. The interior matches the niceness of the exterior as well. I just recently noticed the subwoofer rattle but everything else has been good so far. I agree with what @andy_kiawah is saying about the warranty and am also considering buying from one of the online dealers myself.

With new cars and the amount of tech in them, there are bound to be some issues that need to get worked out. Even our cellphones nowadays have a lot of issues. The only thing that would really make it more awesome is if Honda could find a way to let users update their own car software via a thumb drive or something.

andy_kiawah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
I would buy this car again for sure. The amount of tech and goodies in this car make it feel like a luxury car without the luxury price. I still look at my Touring parked in my garage, or anywhere for that matter, and can't get over how nice this looks. The interior matches the niceness of the exterior as well. I just recently noticed the subwoofer rattle but everything else has been good so far. I agree with what @andy_kiawah is saying about the warranty and am also considering buying from one of the online dealers myself.

With new cars and the amount of tech in them, there are bound to be some issues that need to get worked out. Even our cellphones nowadays have a lot of issues. The only thing that would really make it more awesome is if Honda could find a way to let users update their own car software via a thumb drive or something.
If you find a good price online, let me know :)

bhorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX HS Sedan
Country flag
With that title, I was expecting a Cher song.. disappointing.
:topic:
I can live with the car's deficiencies. I really wish I would have bought from a different dealership.

skullan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda LX (6MT), formerly a 2006 Hyundai Accent.
Country flag
No. Not because of anything lacking, but ergonomics... My shoulder hurts on the right and the panel on the left is too high/hard for a comfortable elbow position.

Something only an owner would find
Sponsored