If you could take back time?

MisterEnigma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
I'm not the biggest guy, 6 feet and 170lb but it's quite spacious, and I actually like the arm rest. My elbow/arms touches it at the perfect height (after I lower the seat's height).
Sponsored

Diversion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rallye Red Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've had no issues though with my "first year" 10th gen Civic.. Yes people will have problems.. People make more noise when they have a problem then when they do not. You won't see threads about "I have no problems!" vs threads about people "I have problems". A year 2018 Civic will have problems too.. Honda fixes problems under warranty, that's what its for.

OP
OP

Rawnerve1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 crv
Country flag
With that title, I was expecting a Cher song.. disappointing.
:topic:
I can live with the car's deficiencies. I really wish I would have bought from a different dealership.
What happen at your dealership?

bmm245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T Coupe
Country flag
Granted I've only had my EX-T Coupe since Saturday, but this car simply blows everything else I've driven and owned out of the water. I was cross-shopping it with a Scion tC, Scion FR-S, Ford Fiesta ST, a new Ford Focus (I previously had a '14 Focus that was out of warranty hence my upgrading in the first place), and a Hyundai Veloster Turbo. Not only was the Civic the best price overall thanks to dealer incentives, but the power was right up there with the top of my list (Fiesta ST), the handling wasn't much worse than the top of my list (FR-S), and the look just blew me away with how unique and exotic it looks.

If the FR-S with the paddle shifters wouldn't have been more on insurance and not ~$3K more and the Fiesta ST wasn't sold out everywhere and required me having to wait for it, it may have been closer, but the Civic's interiors is honestly LIGHTYEARS better than those two cars. Ford's SYNC system has been a bit of a dud in my Focus, and I know I've read many negatives about Honda's new system in the Civic, but I can tell you that after using the Civic's system for just a couple of days, I'm a believer and don't know how in the world I survived for 3 years with Ford's awful excuse of a system. I still loved my Focus, but this Civic is so much better in every way that it's just stupid.

-Brian

enufced904

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
My only regret is not selling my wife enough on getting the manual, but that's an internal conflict :) I really like my LX. It's simple and has everything I need. I didn't care much for Nav or a better audio system. 99% of the time I know exactly where I'm going and I listen mainly to podcasts.

bhorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX HS Sedan
Country flag
What happen at your dealership?
They were crappy and lying going into the sale, and now the service department is crappy and lying also.
I am lucky enough to have another dealership nearby, and I would have rather given them my money when I bought the car.

First time car buyer. It was a learning experience.

BobM_Jr

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Would definitely buy my Civic EX-T again. This is by far the best car I have ever owned in 40 years of driving and I can't believe it's a 1.5 liter four cylinder. The car drives so smooth and just hugs the road, very quiet inside when cruising down the highway. My only regret is letting my wife talk me into getting black instead of the Cosmic Blue. :cry:

Balto

Furfag
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EX-T, 2000 Honda Insight
Vehicle Showcase
My only regret is not negotiating for 15k miles a year. I drive 20-25k a year, so at only 12k a year allowed, it only allows me to drive 1k a month. In the 7 weeks I have owner the car, I have already put 3k. I am stuck driving my spare car to offset the miles x3.

HachiLuver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2010 Infiniti G37X, 2013 Infiniti JX35, 2011 Lexus RX350
Country flag
Buyer's remorse comes when, after the purchase, you encounter things that are way below your expectations.

So far, for me... the 2016 Honda Civic EX-T has surprised & impressed me. I know Honda makes quality cars, but this new redesigned & remodeled Civic really surpassed my expectations. This is not to say that my baseline expectations were belittling. To be fair, I was comparing it to other comparative cars in the market. After my own careful review, study & field test drives... the new Honda Civic carries top value for the dollar for me.

A word to the would be buyer... Shop & look around, compare notes on reputable reviews of similar competitor's model, and actually see & check-out other comparative models. If you need some added confidence in doing so, bring a loved one that has "skin in the game" on your purchase, preferably someone you trust, and preferably knowledgable too. When you do, and when you arrive at the decision that the new Honda Civic is a serious contender, the decision would not be flimsy or inadequate. Instead, it will be one that is well-thought of, collective, and well considered.

Also, in the initiation of the process... avoid bias to muddy up & confound the process. Forums like this are going to be unavoidably filled with bias accounts whether good or bad, and that may even include my posting itself. You take a risk in taking anecdotal, individualized accounts. What you want is a peer-reviewed, or reputable authority review like Consumer Report, Kelly Blue Book, Motor Trend, Car & Driver, Road & Track, and many more.

It also helps to always consider the math when you are now in the last quarter stretch. In the heat of things, we get impulsive & emotionally-stirred. Specifications, statistics, fiscal figures such as cost-of-ownership, etc. make the purchase justifiable. You do want to come out feeling a winner. Would you not? If you feel overwhelmed & alone on this part, don't be afraid to ask for an abled friend's help. You have a responsibility to seek happiness, within the confines of your fiscal health.

Best of luck.

TChewy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Cosmic Blue, 2014 Mazda CX-5
Would definitely buy my Civic EX-T again. This is by far the best car I have ever owned in 40 years of driving and I can't believe it's a 1.5 liter four cylinder. The car drives so smooth and just hugs the road, very quiet inside when cruising down the highway. My only regret is letting my wife talk me into getting black instead of the Cosmic Blue. :cry:
That cosmic blue is a pretty nice color which is why I got one. :p

DarkLight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic-2016 LX 6MT
Country flag
I would buy mine again. I have had zero problems. But mine is an LX with no subwoofer and no nav system and no CVT no sunroof. Mo accessories = mo problems. This has been true in cars since forever, but has been become even more true in the last 30 years. I am always surprised when I read statistics about how many cars made in the last 10 years have automatic transmission problems.
Same here. My LX has been drama free. The only problem that I have is resisting the urge to bolt a turbo onto it. But I'll be waiting until the warranty is up, then all bets are off. :D
Sponsored