NewCivicRs

First Name
CIVIC.FK4
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo RS
Country flag
Guys, anyone of you uses hatchback that is using ktuner 21 map with slightly adjust boost to 22 psi at 4000 rpm and slightly reduce psi below 4000, improved 2 boost ramp rate or even lower or higher, all stock ktuner map with boost and quick adjusments only and is still running fine?

No drag no abuse, just daily driving, sometimes highway, uphill, take few WOT,
No ethanol, just 93 octane, stock turbo and just FBO like dp fp intercooler intake, and still running run strong?

Please have a share to me, really appreciate it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
NewCivicRs

NewCivicRs

First Name
CIVIC.FK4
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo RS
Country flag

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Stop trying to self tune

Stop trying to self tune

Stop trying to self tune

:doh:

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
There's no need to do that. You're just wasting gas. Warm the car up by driving the car. Just keep it under 3,000 rpm until it hits normal operating temps.

Montana Miner

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Yes I am aware with the thread but it is way so much for me to search couple or few ones like mine.. and me is part of it too.
I wish I can find some like mine who still running strong with such upgrades. 🙂
Get a custom tune. I highly recommend e-tunez. They do unlimited revisions until it’s dialed in For around $300

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Get a custom tune. I highly recommend e-tunez. They do unlimited revisions until it’s dialed in For around $300
Aren't you the guy who recently said the OP shouldn't bother tuning his CVT based Civic?

Last edited:

Montana Miner

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Aren't you the guy who recently said the OP shouldn't bother tuning his CVT based Civic?
Yes, but that’s just my bias against CVT’s. Ok, tune for fuel economy, but CVT’s don’t handle high torque well

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Interestingly (I have the data to prove it), tuned CVTs have held up remarkably well. 98.1% of the 425 tuned CVT based cars in my thread are running without issues. And @Montana Miner, none of these are "tuned for fuel economy".:cool:

And while they obviously lack the pure driving enjoyment of a manual, they are a bit of a cheat code because it's repeatable power every 1/4 mile run.

Last edited:

Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
I've been running the ktuner 21 tune on my hatch for 4.5 years now and about 80k miles no issues. I haven't touched the max boost though and running on 91 only. Oil change is about every 6-7k miles using amsoil oem 5w-30. I have the PRL stage 1 intake and that's it for power mods. My driving is about the same as you except some autox runs this year, which, tbh, are not as hard on the engine as doing a highway on-ramp pull as the longest I've been on full throttle during an autox run is maybe 4 seconds all year.

I'm pretty sure our weak rods can handle FBO minus turbo without running into issues if you are able to stay away from tuning the engine boost, fuel and timing maps yourself(except from the quick adjustments ktuner allows you to do).
Sponsored