Is the 2.0 really more reliable than the 1.5 engine?

Is the 2.0 more reliable than the 1.5 engine?

• Total voters

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
The same feeling gets old, tired, usual, monotonous.. it's a great feeling when you modify an old ride and see how the driving dynamics are affected.
Sponsored

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
"Reliable" is a subjective term. Long term reliability cant be answered because this variant of turbo engines only started in 2016. Reason people say the 2.0 is "more" reliable is because an NA 4-Cyl Honda engine is pretty much guaranteed to run forever versus a new turbo engine with DI as well, there's more parts to go wrong. I have a feeling though that the stock 1.5T engines will prove to be just as reliable from the looks of things.

averagetrackdriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 S2000
Country flag
Over the years, I've seen guys show up at track sessions with RSXs and Civics that have turbocharged K20 engines. Besides the usual heatsoak issues, these K20s ran really well. Several of them lasted far longer than the rest of the car. The owners just simply transferred the K20s into other cars, and they're still going. I'm more confident in the K-series engine architecture. We'll see how the L15B7 holds up over time.
Sponsored