How reliable is Honda Sensing package on 2018 Civic? Do I need extended warranty?

Astray50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
I think you're probably fine without the extended. Though my experience with it has been a bit weird. Occasionally it picked up false positives going up/down hill or a sharp corner where it thought the car was going to faceplant the road/hit the guard rail/oncoming turning traffic (almost completely firing off the PCS). That's probably more of an issue with design rather than it failing (depending on the context). Just one of those quirks you'll probably want to take note of in the back of your mind if/when it happens.

HatchorNada

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic Hatch
Reminds me, I need to contact Honda Corporate and have my service records transferred (along with all the extras I opted for) and get that ball rolling. Remember, once you take ownership, you no longer are dealing with Honda directly.

civicdabest-foo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic x 1.5L turbo CVT
Country flag
Agreed with the poster who said if an electronic module fails it will fail before the warranty.

I'm not hearing any horror stories about Sensing modules failing.

The only stories I've heard are about the body control module needing to be replaced because of a glitch that prevents proximity door open from working, and even this seems to fail well before the warranty expires.

It's typical dealer BS like someone said

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got ripped for 2 grand for one of these extended warranties. Now that my car is defective and SUPPOSED to be replaced after only a year and a half, the company the warranty is through tells me it can't be transfered to the new car, that my dealer has to buy it back, at a prorated amount even though the warranty doesn't start till the manufactures warranty ends. I won't get the cash either, it goes to the bank and reduces my loan.
Just something to think about.

joecin

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Touring-'18 Acura RDX Advance
I got ripped for 2 grand for one of these extended warranties. Now that my car is defective and SUPPOSED to be replaced after only a year and a half, the company the warranty is through tells me it can't be transfered to the new car, that my dealer has to buy it back, at a prorated amount even though the warranty doesn't start till the manufactures warranty ends. I won't get the cash either, it goes to the bank and reduces my loan.
Just something to think about.
Never ever go with a Mickey Mouse aftermarket warranty.
Also never buy a HondaCare warranty from a dealer. Buy online from places like Hyannis Honda, Saccucci Honda etc at a 40% or so discount.An example is a 8/120 is around $1100. Nothing is anywhere near $2K.
If you added the warranty to your loan, it will go to the loan.
Sponsored