jcfishel

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R #44709, 1993 300ZX Twin Turbo
Country flag
Not sure if this is the right place for this or not. Honda LogR is one of my favorite features and was a big reason I bought a 2021 Type R new in May 2021. It's been working great but unfortunately Google pushed out a new update to the Android Auto App a few days ago (v6.7.612934) and it appears that ever since then the Honda LogR icon no longer appears in the main launcher interface. After doing some digging in the Android Auto app launcher menu it seems that the LogR app is not longer even recognized as a valid Android Auto App. I''ve posted a review in the app store which probably won't fix anything. Curious if anyone else experiencing this?
Sponsored

r712

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R (FK8) | 2017 Fit (GK5)
Country flag
Not sure if this is the right place for this or not. Honda LogR is one of my favorite features and was a big reason I bought a 2021 Type R new in May 2021. It's been working great but unfortunately Google pushed out a new update to the Android Auto App a few days ago (v6.7.612934) and it appears that ever since then the Honda LogR icon no longer appears in the main launcher interface. After doing some digging in the Android Auto app launcher menu it seems that the LogR app is not longer even recognized as a valid Android Auto App. I''ve posted a review in the app store which probably won't fix anything. Curious if anyone else experiencing this?
I get this every now and then with waze as well. I was inclined to believe it was an issue with a waze update itself rather than android auto, but if you haven't updated logR recently then there's probably an element on both sides that could contribute (like version incompatibility between the two). I'd just report it and hope another update is pushed quickly.

OP
OP
jcfishel

jcfishel

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Report it to whom exactly? Google? Honda?

I agree it's hard to tell if it is a problem with Android Auto, or LogR or some combination of the two. I'm using ADB to roll back to a previous version of Android Auto to see if that gets it working again. In the meantime it would be helpful to know what version of these two apps are installed on your phone and if it's working or not. This information is very easy to find.

r712

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R (FK8) | 2017 Fit (GK5)
Country flag
Report both to google and whoever the developer is for LogR. I think you should be able to do this in the play store but can't remember exactly how off the top of my head.

I own a 2017 so I can't comment on LogR specifically - since it's not compatible with my car. Was just noting that I have similar issues with AA and waze.

Hacklespur

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
I know this isn't particularly helpful, but I had the same exact issue earlier this week. Went to use LogR which did come up, but it wouldn't report any metrics. I tried to reboot it and it disappeared from the app list on the head unit.

I haven't fixed it, but it appears more than one of us is experiencing this.

OP
OP
jcfishel

jcfishel

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Using ADB and apkmirror.com to sideload an older version of Android Auto fixed my problem. I can provide more info on how to do this if anyone needs it. Remains to be seen if they will fix this or not, but I'm gonna wait to find out.

vactor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT3, 981
Country flag
i cannot find LogR i the play store ...

OP
OP
jcfishel

jcfishel

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It's still there.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.co.honda.logr

Rolling back to 6.6.6125 fixed my problem, for now.
https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/android-auto/android-auto-6-6-6125-release/

contact support for the app is below. Good to know if you encounter this problem or any other general problem with the app and want to contact someone.

United States of America: [email protected]
Asia: [email protected]
Australia: [email protected]
Canada: [email protected]
European Union: [email protected]
New Zealand: [email protected]
United Kingdom: [email protected]

OP
OP
jcfishel

jcfishel

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
FYI Honda is aware of the problem.
Thanks for the update Kefi. It shouldn't surprise me that you already know about this.

Interestingly enough, I sent an email last week to Honda right after I posted this and they actually CALLED me few minutes ago confirming exactly what you said. The LogR development team is aware of the problem and already working on a fix. I was absolutely blown away someone from American Honda Co. would take the time to personally call me about this. I'm a software engineer for a very large company too and did not expect to see any sort of formal response to this so quickly. To make it better, I was even driving the CTR when they called.

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Thanks for the update Kefi. It shouldn't surprise me that you already know about this.

Interestingly enough, I sent an email last week to Honda right after I posted this and they actually CALLED me few minutes ago confirming exactly what you said. The LogR development team is aware of the problem and already working on a fix. I was absolutely blown away someone from American Honda Co. would take the time to personally call me about this. I'm a software engineer for a very large company too and did not expect to see any sort of formal response to this so quickly. To make it better, I was even driving the CTR when they called.
I, too, am a software engineer and am amazed by it. You'd think this would've been some project they just crapped out and would never look at again.

OP
OP
jcfishel

jcfishel

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I, too, am a software engineer and am amazed by it. You'd think this would've been some project they just crapped out and would never look at again.
PRECISELY! Most companies only fund a development team long enough to launch a product (and barely!) Hate to admit it but LogR was a huge reason I opted for a '20-'21 model, even if I won't use it often. I can't imagine this same level of support for LogR will be around in 5-10 years. Who knows what smartphone integration support will look like in the future but I was pleasantly surprised at the initiative and made sure to tell them that on the phone. The person that called me even stayed on the line for a few minutes to chat about the car, if I had any social media accounts, and if I would be interested in any sort of future promotional materials (to which I said YES)

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
PRECISELY! hate to admit it but LogR was a huge reason I opted for a '20-'21 model, even if I won't use it often. I can't imagine this same level of support for LogR will be around in 5-10 years. Who knows what smartphone integration will look like at that time but I was pleasantly surprised at the initiative and made sure to tell them that on the phone. The person that called me even stayed on the line for a few minutes to chat about the car, if I had any social media accounts, and if I would be interested in any sort of future promotional materials (to which I said YES)
shieeeeeet tell em to hit me up too ?

rdr2rx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CBP FK8
Country flag
Any Android users get LogR to work yet? Still haven't come across any app or Android updates to resolve this 1+ month issue.

michaeljf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 CTR LE (AUS-008)
Country flag
I had an old phone with a version of Android Auto from mid year. Installed LogR and it worked okay except for actually logging data (the files are empty).

Which is weird because all the permissions for the other app you need are fine and it was displaying the data on the screen while showing it was recording a lap time. Although the only other time I tried to use LogR I didn't realise you needed to set a location to get the data logging working.

Then I tried my normal phone and no dice, just the "no message" error.
Sponsored