Dave B

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette Z06 (sold) 2020 CW
Country flag
I have a Samsung phone that used to work fine with the LogR app and Android Auto but now it shows on the car screen but has no data from the car although the app seems to be functioning. The Android Auto part seems to work fine. I tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling but nothing worked. It worked fine a few months ago. Open to any suggestions.
Sponsored

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
Reboot your phone, turn off blue tooth, try again. You might have to hard boot the head unit too since it doesn't always behave just when you power off.

Also, if that doesn't work, be aware their was a TSB a few months ago with an update to help with LogR issues. Not that one, but wouldn't hurt to have it done.

GhostRider13506

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Country flag
Reboot your phone, turn off blue tooth, try again. You might have to hard boot the head unit too since it doesn't always behave just when you power off.

Also, if that doesn't work, be aware their was a TSB a few months ago with an update to help with LogR issues. Not that one, but wouldn't hurt to have it done.
How do you hard boot the head unit?

OP
OP

Dave B

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

Do you have any more information on the TSB?

I have already deleted and re installed the Honda Service and LogR apps.

Also, do I need the Hondalink app or is this just screwing things up?

Masmackles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Do you have any more information on the TSB?

I have already deleted and re installed the Honda Service and LogR apps.

Also, do I need the Hondalink app or is this just screwing things up?
Pretty sure you need honda link.

My phone kept putting the app to sleep in the background as it's always on and that was causing issues. I still have some issues with it so maybe TSB is only solution.

OP
OP

Dave B

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Well I actually had 3 Honda apps on my phone. I uninstalled them all and reinstalled LogR and Honda car service apps and things are working again.

Still have the issue which I believe is relatively new, of the Android Auto screen covering up the very bottom of the LogR app. Only get the upper part of the oil pressure numbers but I can deduce what they are.
Sponsored