Honda Civic Type-R Over sticker dealer naughty list.

TypeRguru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw M4
Do you think I'm advertising? Hahaha, wow, you need to take a chill pill. I'm doing the exact opposite of advertising. I'm WARNING people. Did you even bother reading? It's an email addressed to ME for INQUIRING.
Seriously! This dude needs to definitely chill out. Thanks for sending out the info. Reading is your friend......

Dan0974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supercharged 2009 Civic Si, 2017 ABM Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
LOL :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

So far this is what I heard again at my work today from the sales director. We will do bidding on our first CTR. MSRP + $3k ADM is the starting bid. Anyone can "buy it now" instantly for $10k ADM. I will certainly bid, but only $3k ADM. I know I wont win, someone will walk into that front door with more $$$ and pay top ADM just to win. I'm looking for to buy as long as its below $5k ADM. Anyway, my search continues.... Good luck everyone :)

CJ :cool:
Which dealer do you work for?

thaseint

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW GTI SE
Country flag
I really want the car but having to deal with this kinda BS for a while, really turning me off.
I still say if you really want a CTR, don't want to deal with all the BS, aren't willing to jump through hoops (ie: buying a one way ticket to middle of nowhere Nebraska) and you have a car that's in perfect working order...then wait it out.

I don't care how awesome a car is, no car is worth paying ADM unless you are flush with cash...in which case you probably would be driving Ferraris, Lamborghinis or McLarens and only buying the CTR because you thought it would be a neat addition to your collection. Paying ADM only reinforces scummy dealer behavior and wastes your money. You pay taxes on the ADM and interest, so in reality you are paying even more than just what you see listed as ADM. It's just not worth it.

Prices will come down to MSRP if not slightly lower as time goes on. It's just going to take time. It may be 6 months, it might be a year but the BS WILL die down.

Dan0974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supercharged 2009 Civic Si, 2017 ABM Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was at Anderson Honda in Cockeysville, MD last night when their Aegean Blue arrived on the truck. It was MSRP first come first serve but then after running my credit they came back with a monthly payment higher than what I was expecting. When they brought over the price sheet they tacked on $3,500+ in accessories to the price and said it wasn't negotiable. I ended up walking since they weren't willing to budge.

TypeRMom

First Name
Ciaran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2013 Mazdaspeed 3, 2011 Mazda3, 1979 Datsun 280zx, 2004 honda civic, 1990 ford f150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm pretty sure they can be sued for blatantly lying.
Its called "Bait and Switch". I foresee many lawsuits in the future...But, that is the only way to make change.

I'll add this little nugget here. This is Gillman Honda in Houston.

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda Civic Type-R  Over sticker dealer naughty list. 55kshw
:rofl::rofl::rofl: Just tell them you want a MSRP price match As you advertised so nicely!!!

d1zguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT Premium
Country flag
I was at Anderson Honda in Cockeysville, MD last night when their Aegean Blue arrived on the truck. It was MSRP first come first serve but then after running my credit they came back with a monthly payment higher than what I was expecting. When they brought over the price sheet they tacked on $3,500+ in accessories to the price and said it wasn't negotiable. I ended up walking since they weren't willing to budge.
Good! F' EM sucks they ran your credit before agreeing on final price though

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NC2 MX5 (Miata)
Country flag

they just dinged our credit. I dont let anyone run my credit unless there is a solid number agreed up on.

Chad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Country flag
Gillman Honda of San Benito, Texas

Anyone on here paying the $5,000?

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda Civic Type-R  Over sticker dealer naughty list. Screen Shot 2017-06-16 at 2.14.08 PM
Sponsored