AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R, 2007 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I think I'm finally getting somewhere! Last night was pretty cool out so I went for some pulls. I'll upload the log when I get home from work. On this Mexican highway everyone is at least going 70 so no 3rd gear pulls. I did a lot of pulls from 4th gear through 5th and I noticed my 85-130mph times were quicker than what I would get with the base map. 1-2 seconds quicker.
Also something bizarre I saw in my logs is when I was pushing to the top of 4th gear and into 5th up to 130 my fuel pump duty was only 74-78% at WOT. Dafuq? If that's the case it looks like there is room for more.

For the calibration I increased the throttle torque targets by 15% so Max of 552nm request. I advanced ignition timing by 3 degrees. I did not touch my air charge limit values however I did increase the pressure ratio slightly. If I recall correctly during WOT while pushing it my boost say around 24-25 psi.

If I'm not even hitting 80% fuel duty up top what should I look at increasing, bumping up the aircharge would just increase pump duty with no gains I'd imagine. Also not sure pushing the ignition timing any higher would be beneficial, I like what I'm getting with plus 3.

Once I'm able to put up the log this afternoon or should help
Sponsored

redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
I think I'm finally getting somewhere! Last night was pretty cool out so I went for some pulls. I'll upload the log when I get home from work. On this Mexican highway everyone is at least going 70 so no 3rd gear pulls. I did a lot of pulls from 4th gear through 5th and I noticed my 85-130mph times were quicker than what I would get with the base map. 1-2 seconds quicker.
Also something bizarre I saw in my logs is when I was pushing to the top of 4th gear and into 5th up to 130 my fuel pump duty was only 74-78% at WOT. Dafuq? If that's the case it looks like there is room for more.

For the calibration I increased the throttle torque targets by 15% so Max of 552nm request. I advanced ignition timing by 3 degrees. I did not touch my air charge limit values however I did increase the pressure ratio slightly. If I recall correctly during WOT while pushing it my boost say around 24-25 psi.

If I'm not even hitting 80% fuel duty up top what should I look at increasing, bumping up the aircharge would just increase pump duty with no gains I'd imagine. Also not sure pushing the ignition timing any higher would be beneficial, I like what I'm getting with plus 3.

Keep in mind if its cooler out it doesn't take as much aircharge or boost to make the same power torque so if you max out the fuel system when its cooler outside you might run into issues.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag

The car runs out of fuel in the mid range but you have space up top so hovering around 80% is normal.

the fuel pump demand depends on the aircharge and not IAT or boost so keep that value in mind.

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The car runs out of fuel in the mid range but you have space up top so hovering around 80% is normal.

the fuel pump demand depends on the aircharge and not IAT or boost so keep that value in mind.
Down low/mid pump duty is around 85-88% now. Would it be advisable to try and bump air charge slightly by say 1-3%, or would I be better off increasing throttle torque targets since that alone would target more on it's own
Thanks

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
thats completely up to you really.

adjust parameters slightly and do a 3rd gear pull, look at datalog, readjust and keep repeating until your satisfied lol.
Try to do it on the same road and start at same rpm and plot them out in virtual dyno and inspect if you want.

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
552nm is quite high (401 ftlbs)

I thought 400 was the breaking point of this car unless you upgraded internals.

How do you go about advancing the ign timing by 3, I find this part the most confusing

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
you go to your ign tables and increase the values in the section you want to increase.
y axis being rpm and x axis being aircharge

you can adjust it in 0.75 increments

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
you go to your ign tables and increase the values in the section you want to increase.
y axis being rpm and x axis being aircharge

you can adjust it in 0.75 increments
Gotcha

since I only go WOT around 3000pm I would want to do 0.75 increase from 3000 - 7000?

I heard you can do quite a bit of damage increasing ign if your not careful so I don't want to break anything haha

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
if that is what you want to do.
you don't have to increase it at low aircharge values also.

if your going to mess with timing, i'd adjust it very little every time.

TypeRar

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Anyone selling a flashpro for the FK8 ?

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
if that is what you want to do.
you don't have to increase it at low aircharge values also.

if your going to mess with timing, i'd adjust it very little every time.
Ok thanks!

so Ill just adjust from 230 aircharge from 3000 - 7000

I assume I have to do this for all the ignition tables? I see quite a few!

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Ok thanks!

so Ill just adjust from 230 aircharge from 3000 - 7000

I assume I have to do this for all the ignition tables? I see quite a few!
you can highlight the cells you want to change and ctrl d or ctrl i and move them by 0.75
and yeah i would do it to all tables.

also if you only do 230 aircharge, you wont be increasing any timing up top because you probably wont hit 230% up top.

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
you can highlight the cells you want to change and ctrl d or ctrl i and move them by 0.75
and yeah i would do it to all tables.

also if you only do 230 aircharge, you wont be increasing any timing up top because you probably wont hit 230% up top.
gotcha

Ill do 100-230

OMG THAT CTRL I is a life saver LOL!

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
552nm is quite high (401 ftlbs)

I thought 400 was the breaking point of this car unless you upgraded internals.
Nah, pretty sure that was just some hogwash people pulled out of their ass. Hondata has been running more than that on their stock engine for awhile. I don't think I'm getting the 407ft/lbs anyway. For all I know it's still down near base map levels lol

The ignition timing modifies when the spark happens, ideally it's after tdc when the piston is on it's way down. Just need a little adjustment.
Sponsored