CTR FlashPro tuning - fuel pump

Night Fury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Type R
Country flag
Yes, there is a low pressure in tank pump and a high pressure engine driven pump. Replacing the low pressure pump will not make any difference as the limitation is the high pressure pump.

In your experience, knowing about the limitation the HPFP in the Type R brings to the table, can we just modify the internals like other car brand tuners do?
Some VDUBS have these options in the market.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-autotech-parts/hi-volume-fuel-pump-upgrade-kit/10-127-100k/
Sponsored

AhmedTitef

@slow_fk8
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR, 2017 CIVIC HB ex , 2005 BMW 325i
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

In your experience, knowing about the limitation the HPFP in the Type R brings to the table, can we just modify the internals like other car brand tuners do?
Some VDUBS have these options in the market.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-autotech-parts/hi-volume-fuel-pump-upgrade-kit/10-127-100k/
I wish we could. I can’t really find any part numbers for example for the HPFP or anything. But i know that n54 still have fuel issues and theu havent made anything yet. However they upgrade the internals of the in tank pump and see better fuel flow

IHAVEAJEEP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Country flag
@Hondata - can you please explain why the Fuel Pump Duty Cycle is so low but the DIFP appears to maxed out at the 2900psi?
Honda Civic 10th gen CTR FlashPro tuning - fuel pump upload_2019-4-3_20-21-50

OP
OP
Hondata

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@Hondata - can you please explain why the Fuel Pump Duty Cycle is so low but the DIFP appears to maxed out at the 2900psi?
The target fuel pressure is 200 bar, the actual fuel pressure is 199 bar and the pump duty is 43%. I'm not sure what you mean by 'maxed out'. The highest fuel pressure the ECU will target is 200 bar. At light throttle it only needs a small duty to achieve that pressure. At peak torque the duty will be much higher, but the pressure should be the same.

remc86007

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
OP
OP
Hondata

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I believe that is an in-tank low pressure fuel pump. My understanding is that the problem with fueling in the CTR is the high pressure fuel pump, not the low pressure fuel pump.
That is correct; the link is to a low pressure fuel pump, and the problem is the volume of the HPFP. Also I don't think that walbro pump in the link will fit in the stock basket as the pump needs to be 38mm diameter and very short.

PhAzE7

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 CBP Civic Type R, '20 PWP TLX SH-AWD
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Any kits out there already or any in the works yet?

Streetthrowback

First Name
Francisco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda civic type r
Country flag
Subscribed

Gmedalion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FK8 and other Hondas (only 50 characters?)
Country flag
Yes, is anyone working on a better HPFP for modded CTR's??

Fk8tjt

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda type r 2018
Country flag
[QUOTE=" I'm comfortable with peak duty cycles being around 95%. If the duty touches 100% very briefly then it is not necessarily anything to get too concerned with as long as the fuel pressure does not drop.

Questions?[/QUOTE]
My fuel pump briefly maxed out and fuel pressure dropped by 300psi, is that considered a small drop and nothing to worry about?

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
[QUOTE=" I'm comfortable with peak duty cycles being around 95%. If the duty touches 100% very briefly then it is not necessarily anything to get too concerned with as long as the fuel pressure does not drop.

Questions?
My fuel pump briefly maxed out and fuel pressure dropped by 300psi, is that considered a small drop and nothing to worry about?[/QUOTE]
Does it happen when you floor it and then decreases?

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R, 2007 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag

Questions?
My fuel pump briefly maxed out and fuel pressure dropped by 300psi, is that considered a small drop and nothing to worry about?[/QUOTE]

It's very likely to get up near 100% when the turbo spools up, then it would drop right after. For me sometimes it gets close if I gun it in second or third from a cruise then drops right back down. When I'm flying in 4th gear it drops down below 80 some times. 100% is only a problem when it is at peak duty throughout the whole power and. That's usually telling you that you're running too much boost. 100% for a brief moment is nothing to worry about however.

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
My fuel pump briefly maxed out and fuel pressure dropped by 300psi, is that considered a small drop and nothing to worry about?
It's very likely to get up near 100% when the turbo spools up, then it would drop right after. For me sometimes it gets close if I gun it in second or third from a cruise then drops right back down. When I'm flying in 4th gear it drops down below 80 some times. 100% is only a problem when it is at peak duty throughout the whole power and. That's usually telling you that you're running too much boost. 100% for a brief moment is nothing to worry about however.[/QUOTE]
Same happens to me.
Sponsored