tshap08

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Hi everyone, I drive a 2019 Civic Si sedan. I’m on BC Racing BR Type Coilovers that a friend and I installed. We had a tough time getting the back left sway bar link I n place but eventually got it in. There’s been a small rattle/clunk present but it’s drowned out by music or air conditioning. I lack a garage as I live in an apartment and my only friend with the space works full time and I didn’t wanna pester him with fixing it, so I let it go. But today, the noise seemed to magnify by 100 times. We’d looked at the coils before and everything seems to be tight. It only happens when going over uneven roads or bumps. If it’s smooth, then no noise. I’ll try to attach a video. Could this just be the sway bar needing to be loosened and tightened up again? Thanks in advance for any help.
Sponsored

Nickthewaffler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic FK7, 2016 Panamera, 2000 AP1 S2000
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi everyone, I drive a 2019 Civic Si sedan. I’m on BC Racing BR Type Coilovers that a friend and I installed. We had a tough time getting the back left sway bar link I n place but eventually got it in. There’s been a small rattle/clunk present but it’s drowned out by music or air conditioning. I lack a garage as I live in an apartment and my only friend with the space works full time and I didn’t wanna pester him with fixing it, so I let it go. But today, the noise seemed to magnify by 100 times. We’d looked at the coils before and everything seems to be tight. It only happens when going over uneven roads or bumps. If it’s smooth, then no noise. I’ll try to attach a video. Could this just be the sway bar needing to be loosened and tightened up again? Thanks in advance for any help.
Did you adjust the spring preload or ride height at all? Not familiar with these coilovers specifically, but pictures should help. Make sure every bolt is tight, even if you are sure. If springs are too loose they can move on bumps and crash down. Also make sure the rear spring is oriented the correct direction.

Raa430

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic 2017
Country flag
Was this ever solved?
Sponsored